| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: the lactation station: share your breast feedin' stuff h
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I feel your pain LP. In the last three weeks Alice went from two to seven teeth. So this past week she started chomping down with the new top teeth. She must be getting another one or more. I flinched every time she nursed today because I didn't know if she would bite down or not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Would you guys say plain old coconut oil is the best thing for sore nipples? For some reason the skin on my left nipple is like raw.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

sashi wrote:
I feel your pain LP. In the last three weeks Alice went from two to seven teeth. So this past week she started chomping down with the new top teeth. She must be getting another one or more. I flinched every time she nursed today because I didn't know if she would bite down or not.

Yeah seriously! There have been days I was terrified of nursing cause she was a little bitey. Ay yi yi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

We're up to 14, from 9 a month ago. My boobies are in pain!!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:55 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

LP, I'm sure that would be good. I used Freya's baby butt cream, which is olive-oil based and it worked really well, even through plugged ducts, oversupply, too tight bras, etc.

suh, is Eli biting or doing that chewy.grinding sort of thing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

both... he bites when he's in teething pain, and he grinds since birth because he has a shallow latch and a lip/tongue tie that hasnt been clipped (not big enough I think)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:55 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

LisaPunk wrote:
Would you guys say plain old coconut oil is the best thing for sore nipples? For some reason the skin on my left nipple is like raw.

Coconut oil or even just express some milk onto your nipple when you're done nursing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

eeee Sierra has not nursed in about 36 hours. That's a record. Not surprisingly, she also had a record sleep in her own bed last night which has a lot to do with it, because these days her main nursing happens in the middle of the night when she wakes up demanding to come in our bed. God I've grown to hate the random drive-by suck she'll do during the evening if I'm hanging out on the couch, she literally claws me saying "MILK" and when I relent, she sucks for 10 seconds and moves on. And I've even started limiting how long she can nurse in the middle of the night, I let her go a minute or 2 and then I say "ok all done now" and she'll actually detach and go to sleep (in our bed). She's just 2 months shy of being 2 (WHAT?!?) and I'd be pretty happy if she just decided to be done on her own!

of course, me posting this right before the weekend is just a bad idea because chances are, I'll be posting here Monday morning about how she attacked me every time I sat down over the weekend. But I can hope!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 am 
Semen Strong

Leela is complaining that I have no milk and it is making me supersad.

Any tips for boosting production? I'm drinking mother's milk tea, eating kale and quinoa and drinking so much water. Any thing else I'm forgetting?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:09 am 
***LIES!!!***

Never heard of kale and quinoa being helpful. Oatmeal is the biggest food help. Fenugreek if you want to take herbs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:50 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oatmeal and raw almonds... and make cookies with brewer's yeast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ive also heard oatmeal, almonds, and fenugreek are good.
stay well hydrated.

i dont know if this is a good suggestion or not but maybe try to get Leela to nurse more frequently for a little bit???
that may bite you in the asparagus then she wants to nurse frequently like forever though???
i have not yet experienced toddler nursing yet so i dont know if thats a good idea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

http://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/g ... ogues.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

With Vax starting solids and sometimes sleeping better at night, my supply has been bouncing around a LOT. Sometimes I am really engorged and sometimes it's like I'm running on empty all day. I'd say if Leela wants more milk, I agree with LP -- I'd encourage her to nurse more often and maybe try to hand-express a little milk if you're any good at that. That's definitely the easiest way!

LisaPunk wrote:
that may bite you in the asparagus then she wants to nurse frequently like forever though???
i have not yet experienced toddler nursing yet so i dont know if thats a good idea

Toddler nursing is not so bad! :D It's great for calming them down and avoiding/stopping meltdowns and tantrums. I thought Beetroot was going to nurse forever (he was really, really into the boob), but he slowed down at 3.5 and stopped just after turning 4.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I agree, toddler nursing is fine. GooGoo quit soon after turning 3, only because I was done. If it had been up to her I don't think she'd ever have quit. :-)

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:18 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

We're not exactly at the toddler stage yet, but I thought it was pretty cool that of the group of parents we met through our antenatal classes, all were still breastfeeding at 13 months, and one baby just gave up on his own last week [nearly 14 months].

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

anyone have any tips on getting a baby who really never gets a bottle to take a bottle when boobs are not available?

i went to a concert in Boston last night and BabyPunk went on hunger strike and wouldnt take a bottle from my husband. from like 4 pm to 2 am she took less than 1 oz twice.

the weird thing is that when i had jury duty like a week or so ago she took a bottle totally fine with no fuss from my mom! they even had to break into my freezer stash!

i think it was more the time of the day than anything. my parents were here in the morning and early afternoon and BP usually reaches a certain point at night when it's only mommy time so that might have been it but she basically went on hunger strike.

normally i am of the mind that when she's hungry enough she'll eat but i wonder if that's a bit of a cruel idea for a baby!

i guess overall she wasnt like freaking out or anything she just wouldnt take the bottle. i think the second time she finally ate a tiny bit he actually got her to take it from a sippy cup but it was still almost nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Hmm, I think if she were starving, she'd take the bottle? It's not like a nursing strike, or you're withholding food. If she was content just not eating, not sure what you could really do to force it. (Sorry, that's not any help!)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So with Giles I was very painfully engorged for maybe 2 weeks and leaked big time for forever with him. The disposable nursing pads were not up to the job and were uncomfortable...I was planning on trying out the bamboobies nursing pads and the therapy cushions but then had the thought that maybe second time around my body would be more "in the know" and I wouldn't have the engorgement and leaking problems? What was your 2nd time around experience? (and if anybody has used the bamboobies/esp the therapy pads I would love to know how they worked for you - I think Kimba was recommending them awhile ago)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:48 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Those bamboobies were expensive, but I loved them. They have thinner ones and thicker ones. I liked the thinner ones for the daytime. I used a different brand of thicker nursing pads for nighttime, which I think were discontinued.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:10 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I had the same amount of engorgement with both my kids and same amount of leaking too even though I am now tandem nursing. I love bamboobies and trust them fully. They are worth the extra $ IMO.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I have not had anywhere near the engorgement or leaking with number two that I did with number one. Like, not even close. But I'm sure everyone's experience is different. Maybe buy them somewhere with a good return policy and wait to see if you need them?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks ladies - and Pinko that is a good idea - I was going to order them on-line but we have one upscale mother baby store in town that might sell them locally!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:40 pm 
Saggy Butt

I had a huge supply and leaked a bunch with my first. With my second I nursed a few months into pregnancy so I'm not sure if I ever truly stopped making milk, but after giving birth I had no engorgement and it seemed like I had exactly the right amount of milk from the start with minimal leaking. It's kind of strange, I could pump 10 ounces in minutes the first time around but this time I can barely pump anything, though I appear to have plenty of milk while nursing.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Does anyone know how safe using an inhaler is while nursing? My doctor is having me use one for a couple of weeks. Alice is still nursing a ton though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next