| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
 Post subject: Re: dumb questions related to pregnancy and babies and stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:40 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Ha, I never actually experienced incontinence, either during pregnancy or postpartum (def. peed all over myself during labor though, when I couldn't wait for a nurse to arrive to help me to the bathroom!). But there were many days when I was quite relieved to have made it to work on my bike without peeing my pants while going over any speed bumps or potholes. And yes, this fear was mostly during my third trimester. Although constant peeing seemed like a feature that started early and never went away.

I did have a whole lot of discharge though. Like a LOT.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:42 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I am both leaky and dischargey (glorp...glooooorp!) during pregnancy (and for a few weeks after labour and at the end of the day if I have a bad cough). I was assessed by a pelvic floor therapist 3 months after my third baby and she said I have an excellent pelvic floor and that leaking is very common/normal for people under my circumstances.

I also have moments where I thought, "what the fizzle, did I just pee?!" and my pants are full of discharge.

I don't remember when the leaking started for me. I didn't have any leaking issues until after I delivered my first kid, but it's not uncommon for first time moms to have leaking issues either and I have definitely had leaking during all my other pregnancies and definitely not just in the third trimester. After all, that is a lot of weight pushing on your pelvic floor.

There are a lot of good pelvic floor therapy websites to look at regarding kegels and the correct way to do them (including positioning -- either lie down when doing them or sit up straight in a chair with your feet flat on the floor). The general advice is also to do both long (10-count ones) and short (the squeeze-squeeze-squeeze-fast flicky ones) and to do the long ones first because the short ones are more tiring. Good posture is also supposed to help. I read to sit with a slight arch in your back (don't tuck your butt forward) and your chest lifted (shoulders rolled back) as if there is a string lifting you up from the top of your chest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I definitely leak sometimes when the baby kicks my bladder, but I don't think what I posted here was leaking. Oops. Still need to do kegels, though. I added it to my bujo tracking list for next month. :p

Speaking of kicking, can kicks like. . . hurt? I don't think I've passed my kidney stone(s) yet, and I still get some pain from those. I guess it's possible that the baby's kicking and it's hitting a place that is sensitive from that (I know nothing of the urinary system), but I just had a few kicks that definitely HURT and I'm not sure if I'm crazy or if that's a bad thing that shouldn't happen.

They mostly don't. But these few just did. Very weird!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:52 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

In short-yes.

I'm sure different people experience all different kinds of pains. My least favorite was what I like to describe as "lightening vagina" where he hit some nerve or something, and it would send this searing pain through my vagina for like60 seconds. Like I would have trouble walking, breathing, etc and then all of a sudden was fine. This started for me around 4 months - I clearly remember experiencing it on the way to my 10 year high school reunion - so it wasn't about being kicked really hard, in fact it would happen when I wasn't even feeling any fluttering at the moment. It as just about him hitting or pushing up against sometgoing connected to those nerves. My midwives were unconcerned, so I guess it's not abnormal. I wouldn't find it surprising if the kidney stones would make some movement hurt that wouldn't otherwise hurt, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:13 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

YES! Emporio did some hiya kicky-punches that were insane. How does a sub-5-lb foetus do that?!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:57 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

This thread is yet another eye opening gem into pregnancy and reality no one fricken tells you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112