| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I want to find all the people who litter and leave bags of dog shiitake at their front door.

seriously! i walk my friend's dog in the afternoon during the week, and she always finds garbage to eat. a lot of the time it's bread that people have left for birds, but there are so many chicken bones on the sidewalk! who's walking around eating chicken wings? she doesn't seem to know "drop it" or "leave it" at all, and she won't willingly let go of anything, but at least she doesn't fight when you try to take something out of her mouth. it's just so gross to have to reach in there and fish around for a hunk of stale bagel or whatever. and once she stepped in gum, and i spent ten minutes crouching against a building and pulling it out from between her toes with my nails, because she wouldn't walk while she could feel it on her foot. why are people so dirty?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Tristan is obsessed with cuddling (more than usual) lately now that the weather is turning cold. If you're sitting down, he desperately needs to be on you, and he'll find any way he can to make that happen. If I have my laptop on my lap (like I do now), he'll crawl all over me, step on my laptop, trying to find the perfect spot and he'll sandwich himself in there somewhere. It's so cute but also...dude, sometimes I need you to not be on me! And it's so sad when he eventually gives up, sighs and sleeps on my feet. He just wants to love you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 pm 
Semen Strong

acr wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I want to find all the people who litter and leave bags of dog shiitake at their front door.

seriously! i walk my friend's dog in the afternoon during the week, and she always finds garbage to eat. a lot of the time it's bread that people have left for birds, but there are so many chicken bones on the sidewalk! who's walking around eating chicken wings? she doesn't seem to know "drop it" or "leave it" at all, and she won't willingly let go of anything, but at least she doesn't fight when you try to take something out of her mouth. it's just so gross to have to reach in there and fish around for a hunk of stale bagel or whatever. and once she stepped in gum, and i spent ten minutes crouching against a building and pulling it out from between her toes with my nails, because she wouldn't walk while she could feel it on her foot. why are people so dirty?

My dog finds random catshit everywhere. And then he likes to breathe on the back of my neck as we are driving. The combo of dog breath and catpoop is quite nauseating!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
Chip Strong

Roxy (one of my cats) has taken to sleeping in a dark cupboard on top of a cardboard box. There are plenty of soft cushiony things around the flat she could sleep on, but apparently in the cupboard on a box is best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The dogs have a vet appointment on Tuesday to get them legal in this county, and it's a good thing because Harley is having a major itchy skin issue, and Fawkes needs a tooth yanked out. When we adopted him and took him to his first vet appointment, the vet pointed out that he still had two puppy teeth - which is common in small dogs. She said she was surprised that they didn't pull them when he was fixed. She told us to just make sure and get them pulled whenever he got his teeth cleaned because they can cause problems in the future.

Well, it's pet spa day, which means wrestling the dogs and a toothbrush. Harley has pretty awful plaque build-up from since before she came to live with us, so that's always fun to try and chip away at. When I got to Fawkes, he naturally freaked out and when I pulled his gums up on one side, I see that baby tooth is gone. Not broken off, just gone. So I look and the other one is there, so I start trying to brush his teeth and it's LOOSE. Holy shiitake. And understandably, he yelped because that probably didn't feel good and now I feel like an awful monster.

Hopefully they will just be able to quickly pull it out at his appointment since it's already loose. Imma put him on wet food and ground up kibble until Tuesday.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just pulled a meter of yarn out of my dog. Luckily it was out of the front end. He must have got mixed up while eating his chew treat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

On our last walk, I started to run a bit with Tegan because she was being all bouncy and energetic. She got so excited about running that she spun in a circle and then leaped forward. Unfortunately, when she spun around she had wrapped the leash around her legs. So she tripped, did a sort of forward roll, and landed on her back in a pile of leaves with her little legs sticking up in the air. It was ridiculous. And of course there was a whole line of traffic passing by right at that moment! I had to untangle her and help her up. As soon as she was upright, she wanted to start running again. She does not know the meaning of embarrassment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just found a bump on Benjamin's tail. I don't know what it is, but it is hard and he won't let me touch it too much. I think if it is still there on Thursday I am going to call the vet to check it out. Poor little guy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm 

Well, Fawkes has two loose teeth but the vet didn't seem super concerned? He said they have dental specials now through February where it's $50 so to think up signing up for one, but then he quickly moved onto the shots. He did say that dogs eat with their back teeth (duh) and his back teeth are fine so maybe that's why. So it's time to save up for that!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

One of my fosters was still at the shelter three months later, so I took him home.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm 
Semen Strong

Fatcat, you are the best <3

caterpillar wrote:
I just pulled a meter of yarn out of my dog. Luckily it was out of the front end. He must have got mixed up while eating his chew treat.

Oh man, I pulled a really long stretch of dental floss out of my cat's asparagus the other day. Unlike Teagan, he looked incredibly embarassed and then avoided eye contact for a while.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm 

I just got an email saying our doctor is leaving to go work at U of I Chicago. God. forking. Dammit. We only saw him three times, he's the one who put Chester to sleep, but I was really anxious about finding a new doctor when we moved here and he's not a dick and I don't feel like he ever tried to sell us something we don't need. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Dinger was just diagnosed with arthritis! I'm freaking out, his back legs are all wobbly. I've been reading stuff all night on the Internet and randomly on Pinterest someone said coconut oil can help dogs. So I rubbed some on my hands and let the dogs lick it off. If you ever want to laugh a lot I recommend it! They went at it with precision until they got every last bit.

MBM that sucks about your doc! I went to ten before I found one I like.

Fizzgig did you find out about the lump?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 pm 

Chester had arthritis in his hips, to compliment his bionic socket, but we never did anything specific for it. The doctor would just feel him up at every visit and tell us if it was progressing.

If he starts falling down, just remember you're going to be bothered by it way more than he will be! He'll just get back up and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom is away for the long weekend and Tegan is so depressed about it! Saturday morning she went looking for my mom. She ran in and out of every room, and stuck her head under the covers on my mom's bed. Then she got my mom's hat off the table and was carrying it around. I took it away from her, and she went upstairs and got one of my mom's slippers. Last night I went out, and when I got back, Tegan obviously thought I was bringing my mom home. She waited at the door with her tail wagging, and I had to finally distract her and get her away from the door. It was so sad. Then she got all depressed, and since then all she does is follow me around. If I sit down, she curls up to me as close as she can get and looks sad. It's killing me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Awww...poor Tegan. This means that there will likely be some very excited and happy behaviours when your mom returns. Please post video or pics if you can !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My dog is trying to kill me. Last week she knocked me down the stairs and I spent the whole week in pain because I managed to pull muscles in my neck, shoulders, back, legs, my rib cage and hands. Today she tried to fracture my skull by slamming a wardrobe door shut on my head. I'm that much of a horrible person that even my dog is determined to see me off?!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:05 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Agnes has a vet tech's blood in her fur. What is the best way to clean her, do you think? Obviously, the vet was fun, as usual.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So... how much should I be freaking out that there were three... erm... pretty large... worms. In Ginny's poop. ?! What the frack. I have quite literally NO time until Monday to get her to a vet. Is that okay? People live with parasites for years, and indeed I have no idea how long she's had this. They were... ugh I want to barf thinking about it. White. And flat. And alive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm 

I'm pretty sure you can treat worms in dogs at home with OTC medication, which is usually cheaper online. Poor Ginny!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 pm 

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Panacur+C-prod10674.html

This is the stuff my vet carries. One of my cats actually had to take it once.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Mars, she should be fine until Monday. Worms are super gross, but super common. There are different kinds of worms, and you have to get the right dewormer for the specific worms your pet has, so the vet will probably want you to bring in a poop sample.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm 
Chip Strong

I was under the impression you should worm your cats and dogs every few months or so as a preventative, trying to alternate the kinds of wormers you use regularly to kill as wide a range of worms as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

When I had Rowdy, we gave him a pill that was heartworm, other worms, and flea preventative. He still managed to get a tapeworm, which the vet said was the only worm that pill didn't prevent.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:47 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

She's on a flea/hearworm/whatever else pill, but yeah, I'm kinda worried this is tapeworm, as it was flat. And the 'three worms' I saw could have definitely been some broken off bits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next