| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So I stole a cat...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:32 am 
Semen Strong

Nicole wrote:
[I couldn't sleep last night, and I was thinking about Buhbah and Veto/TK and all the other amazing stories we have and was thinking something similar. A zine or series of short stories based on how our companion animals found us. If people actually wanted to buy them the money could be donated to a rescue or something.

I love this idea so so so much. I think people have such odd ideas about cats, and they deserve some great publicity.

If anyone wants to work on this, I'm down. we could coordinate with a cat shelter and raise proceeds for them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:37 am 
WELFARIST!

pandacookie wrote:
Stealing Buhbah.

Cuties patooties! <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Buhbah tattoo just as soon as I finish the rabbit. Maybe sooner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

vijita wrote:
Buhbah tattoo just as soon as I finish the rabbit. Maybe sooner.

Major <3

Cat tattoos for lyfe!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm 
Semen Strong

Keep a record of the vet bills, and food costs etc, so if they end up being dicks and asking for him back you can ask them to reimburse you for the costs to create leverage.

Personally, I think you should just keep him. If he ever was property, he has been abandoned long enough and if he wasn't they have no claim to him anyway. He picked you guys!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 pm 

Horrifying Buhbah problems. His ex-owners have decided they should take him back because we are moving, (to a safe, cat-friendly, nice condo in a rural area). She just called our landlord and told her all these horrific stories about their previous pets (their two terriers got out, ran halfway across the island, and were both shot by a farmer for chasing after his lambs), and the cat before that she found dead in his bed just six months ago. Responsible pet-owners? We think not. There is a reason Buhbah chooses to be over here ALL. THE. TIME. (Which, she doesn't protest against at all, but she wants him back now.) And she is using these tragic stories to demonstrate why she needs to hold on to Black Man. I don't really know what to do...we're in this weird position where our landlord (on one side) and the "Black Man family" (on the other side) are the ones making executive decisions about everything because we're just lowly renters, and these other people have owned this whole block for years.

Buhbah has been so happy and healthy with us over the past months. He rarely goes outside, just sleeps his senior cat days away between little energetic spurts where he plays in his box and tosses around his catnip carrots and other little toys. My boyfriend is barely even allergic to him anymore, and can even tolerate him sleeping on my side of the bed. We have absolutely been his sole caretakers and now this woman (whose family is never home, unless you count their twenty-something son and his friends smoking pot on the balcony all day long) expects him to just revert back to living in a house he obviously doesn't want to be in. Him being a senior and having lived in this area for so long did make me nervous to move him, but we painstakingly (it was difficult! And I had to work hard to convince our new landlord just how important he is to us) found the best Buhbah-friendly home we could.

My landlord is trying to get us to take poor Grey Man (Sim) in his stead (which would traumatize poor Sim, as he is friendly but not at all attached to us). These poor cats! I might have to cancel my career and life aspirations in order to camp out on this block and make sure all the cats are happy.

We're planning to go over there together later this week and talk to her one last time. But I don't really know what I can do beyond that. I know Buhbah will survive if we leave, but he'll be confused, sad, and he'll have to move back into the house with the thick pot smoke (he really hates pot smoke, so we assume he's been mistreated by someone smelling of it), the never-home couple, yappy dog, and annoying dude with his loud friends. Plus, my heart will be broken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:58 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Don't discuss. Take him with you. Steal him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ruby Rose wrote:
Don't discuss. Take him with you. Steal him.

This. If they want him back that badly, let them take you to small claims court to regain stolen "property." Then you can say that he ran away.

What jerks.

I'm so, so sorry that you are in this position.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:09 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Pretty much what Ruby Rose said. Tell them that you haven't seen him in ____ time and you're not sure what happened to him. Is there a friend that could harbor a fuzzy little fugitive for you until you move?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:12 pm 

Honestly, we might. I think she half expects that, which is why she's being weird about it now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:13 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Yeah, take him! Gobshites!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:13 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Just take him. When you move set up a PO Box for a month to get your final deposit check mailed to so your landlord doesn't have your new address. Change your names and phone numbers. Plastic surgery may be an option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:24 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Uh, they can find another cat. Buhbah isn't up for grabs, he has a family.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm 

Thanks guys. My claws are really going to come out here, I'm sure. It's such a weird situation and partially our fault for leading that perfect little fur-ball on. I think she is just on the defensive. There's never any follow through. Her cat hasn't come "home" for almost six months, and she doesn't call or worry. He is just too special.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

You'll figure it out, you're a scrapper from way back

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Bubbah who? Oh that black cat? He ran away. It was very traumatic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I don't understand what the landlord has to do with it. It is the neighbor's cat, not the landlord's, yes? And I thought you were already taking care of him so how can she say she wants him back? I thought they had turned ownership over to you.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm 

It's bizarre. The landlords and Buhbah's previous owners are good friends, and are kind of the bosses of the block. So she contacted my landlord (when she found out we were moving) and then my landlord contacted me. There's no reason there should be a third party involved, but things are weird here. Everyone is trying to get around talking to each other directly, and even though I'm not good at this kind of thing, I've been the one knocking on their door to discuss stuff when it needs discussing. She never cares about any issues I bring to her attention, and doesn't care that Buhbah lives here and we take care of him, but now she seems to be pretending that he was on loan or something crazy like that and that we shouldn't be taking him with us. My landlord's interest in this matter is that she wants us to take poor unwanted Sim, too, but I really don't think Sim would adjust well to a move, as much as I'd love to take his sweet little moustached self.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

vijita wrote:
Thanks guys. My claws are really going to come out here, I'm sure. It's such a weird situation and partially our fault for leading that perfect little fur-ball on. I think she is just on the defensive. There's never any follow through. Her cat hasn't come "home" for almost six months, and she doesn't call or worry. He is just too special.

Oh dear. Well, I'm another vote for just taking him and then letting them figure out how to pursue you and Mr. Buhbah. I wish I had more helpful advice here, but it seems so unfair to leave him knowing he'll be neglected.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I'm coming for Sim.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm 

pandacookie wrote:
I'm coming for Sim.

Please! Poor Simmy. He's just so so skittish and since his previous owners (my landlord's parents) died, he doesn't trust anyone. When I house sat for them he crawled on my lap, but he won't even come into our house--he just takes his treats, says what's up to Buhbah, and goes on his way. Or stalks me for millions of hours sitting on the table outside. I am scared that a move would really, really, really freak him out. Whereas Buhbah would love it. Scrapper that he is. Plus Sim is adamantly an outdoor cat, whereas Buhbah goes for a wee walkabout once a day and is happy with that, and would probably be fine staying indoors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:35 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Can she prove she owns him? Because if you are lucky and he doesn't have a tattoo or anything, you can claim he was just a stray that you've since adopted (I think you've taken him to a vet and paid for something so you have medical receipts) and legally I don't think they can claim him. If you did take him to the vet you could also try threatening her reimbursement for all the expenses, by the sounds of it she might be the type of person to back off when money is asked of her.
Also pot smoke isn't good for pets, they are more sensitive to it then humans and it can actually poison them. It is much like chocolate in that aspect.

tl;dr fork her, just take him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:49 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 pm 

He definitely doesn't have a tattoo, and to my knowledge we are the only ones who have ever taken him to the vet any time in recent years, though I didn't tell her when we did (we assume they were away). Everything is tainted with this obnoxious "island" way of doing things that I am so forking sick of.

Yes, they have a lot of pot in that house. And parties, and loud people, and just a bunch of other stuff that Buhbah hates. I know that this woman is someone who actually cares about the cat, but she doesn't know how/have time to take care of him and look out for his best interests.

Thanks guys! Buhbah is so precious.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

It all comes down to who has the Buhbah ornaments and that is you.

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next