| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So I stole a cat...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:28 pm 
Semen Strong

This thread needs to be a made for TV movie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

An afterschool special!

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:50 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Any drama update?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:00 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Buhbah is healthy (says the vet!) and seems really happy/hungry. He likes the expensive organic wet food. No word yet on how "ours" he is! They have yet to come back from vacation. (what the fizzle?)

I would estimate that the cat-stealing process is about 94% complete.

Buhbubski is going to get a new catnip carrot AND meet pandacookie in less than a week!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 pm 

Oh and my boyfriend drew this, loosely based on me and Buhbah. :) Maybe The Buhbah Chronicles could be a children's book?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

We're still waiting for a recounting of what happened with the neighbours!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm 

Oh, so, every time we go around there they are not home. Or "not home". I think they want us to keep Buhbah but never talk to them about it. I try almost every day. They're definitely gone right now.

Oh you mean what I referred to up there! Yeah. Only the son was home, and he was like, "yeah that's my dad's cat. I dunno." And he was drunk and there were two cats inside and lots of people in the house and Buhbah was terrified. He suggested we come back when his dad was home. That's the gist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:14 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

*Edit* Just kidding, I was on the last page, more people had posted while I was typing haha

Back to what I said originally before I edited, I'd just go ahead and get a pet liscense for him in your name and be done with it. You have vet bills for him in your name and he's been with you for two weeks, a pet liscense is about all that is needed to make it official.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:29 pm 

That drawing is beautiful! It would make lovely children's book, I imagine a possible moral/theme/message/whatevertheproperwordis could be about finding a family outside the one you were given.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

I just love that drawing! It totally could be the cover for The Buhbah Chronicles. And Buhbah's adorable, as always!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

That drawing is gorgeous! <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

vijita wrote:
Oh and my boyfriend drew this, loosely based on me and Buhbah. :) Maybe The Buhbah Chronicles could be a children's book?

I couldn't sleep last night, and I was thinking about Buhbah and Veto/TK and all the other amazing stories we have and was thinking something similar. A zine or series of short stories based on how our companion animals found us. If people actually wanted to buy them the money could be donated to a rescue or something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ExpiredSanity wrote:
That drawing is beautiful! It would make lovely children's book, I imagine a possible moral/theme/message/whatevertheproperwordis could be about finding a family outside the one you were given.

Nicole wrote:
A zine or series of short stories based on how our companion animals found us. If people actually wanted to buy them the money could be donated to a rescue or something.

<3 <3 <3 all of this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 am 
Chip Strong

Love him!! and that drawing is so precious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This whole thread makes me happy.

You are clearly Buhbah's and he's clearly yours. And that drawing is gorgeous!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Maybe when they're "not home" they're just not answering the door because they're afraid you're going to tell them they better take care of their cat and try to give him back to them?

Actually, I have a feeling that if you actually go talk to them asking about keeping him, they'll just look at you like "what the fizzle, i thought he was already yours."

That drawing is so adorbs!! I love it.

Maybe your neighbors will end up moving before you do and just leave Buhbah behind. Then you'll know he's truly yours. That happened to us with our kitty Annie (RIP). She kept coming to us and we started feeding her, then saw "missing cat" signs so we took her back home... she kept coming to us, we kept taking her back, one time we went to take her back and her people had moved away so we took her in officially.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:12 am 

Nicole wrote:
I couldn't sleep last night, and I was thinking about Buhbah and Veto/TK and all the other amazing stories we have and was thinking something similar. A zine or series of short stories based on how our companion animals found us. If people actually wanted to buy them the money could be donated to a rescue or something.

Zine flicks the weasel! I've long been imagining how amazing of a zine one could make from the PPK boards.

Vijita, have you thought of leaving them a letter/note asking them to contact you? I'd say leave one saying "Buhbah is ours now bisques" but written evidence would work against you if they miraculously wanted him back. I doubt they will respond either way, but its something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 am 

I told Jay Buhbah was an internet sensation and he didn't believe me!

Also, new triumph! Buhbah can now sleep on the bed with us. Jay's allergies are pretty much non-existant now! Thanks for the nice words about his drawing. He's done a couple more in this series but hasn't scanned them and would probably be totally embarrassed if I told him I posted them to the PPK.

Nicole wrote:

I love this idea! I'm working (very, very, very, slowly) on another zine at the moment but I would love to collaborate on this with whomever's interested once I think it through.

Louzilla wrote:
Maybe when they're "not home" they're just not answering the door because they're afraid you're going to tell them they better take care of their cat and try to give him back to them?

Actually, I have a feeling that if you actually go talk to them asking about keeping him, they'll just look at you like "what the fizzle, i thought he was already yours."

That drawing is so adorbs!! I love it.

Maybe your neighbors will end up moving before you do and just leave Buhbah behind. Then you'll know he's truly yours. That happened to us with our kitty Annie (RIP). She kept coming to us and we started feeding her, then saw "missing cat" signs so we took her back home... she kept coming to us, we kept taking her back, one time we went to take her back and her people had moved away so we took her in officially.

I think you are right. I swear to god they are home when I go over there. Or at least, SOMEONE is. They have like five cars so it's hard to tell. Sometimes their son is in the backyard playing with his two cats, who I guess get the indoor treatment that Buhbah doesn't get from them, but I don't really want to talk to him since Buhbah isn't his and he just seems kind of scary. (You'll have to trust me on thinking that anyone sitting in the grass playing with cats is scary). I've heard from my landlords (again, who live on the other side of us) that the woman who is married to "Oh yeah, dude, Buhbah is a scrapper"-guy is really nice and a lot easier to talk to, but I'm not even convinced she exists! I did find their phone number, so I'll probably try that next. "Um, hi. It's the girl from next-door again. I'd like to like you know that we have been taking Black Man to the vet, feeding him, loving him, and he sleeps here every night. So....?"

They own their house and we're just renters, so I doubt they'll move, unfortunately. There isn't really any reason other than my own discomfort about the situation that we need confirmation from them right now, since we have taken full responsibility for Buhbah both financially and physically and he never really ever leaves our property, but I still want to finish this stealing ordeal.

ExpiredSanity, that's actually a great idea. I'm better with the written word than in person so I might go about crafting something.

I'm leaving for Vancouver this afternoon and then down to Portland. Thank god my boyfriend is staying here or else I'd be so worried about Buhbs! I miss him so much when I spend like four hours away from the house. I've set up little beds for him all over the house, and we bought him some more ridiculously expensive organic food. <3 He even has a new catnip carrot coming and he's poised to meet his second guest PPKer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Updates? I'm on the edge of my seat until you guys move away and take Buhbs with you.

Clearly, he stole you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Stealing Buhbah.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:51 am 

You'll never get Buhbah over the US border. He's a scrapper from way back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

This saga would make an adorable indie short film, titled, of course, "Stealing Buhbah."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Reading this thread makes me happy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:58 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I love this thread. It gives me happies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

So, V, how long until you get Buhbah tattooed on you, fully cementing your "cat person" status? ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next