| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your Petfinder love
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

LOOKIT HER LIL BACK PAWS IN THE FIRST PIC

*dead*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Imitation Of Chris wrote:
Rowan wrote:
Please don't call one eyed doggies cyclops, it makes me ever so sad.

Sorry. I didn't mean anything by it except to describe that he has one eye - the ad made kind of a thing about how he's always winking.
Anyway, I like Bix's floopy paws and his smile and I hope he's been adopted by now.

Hey, sorry dude that came out way harsher than intended. It's just that I got called that as a kid-even though I had two eyes?! I guess cause I had one significantly enlarged and clouded over it counted as cyclopsish. Anyways, sorry about that. Reflex.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

pastabake wrote:
Clover

"This sweet, sweet girl had a rough start to her life and is looking for a loving, forever-home. Clover spent her first 5 years in a puppy mill with almost no human interaction. Since April 2010, she has been bounced around in foster homes, the last of which resulted in her being brutally attacked by another dog in the home. Clover is so sweet and compliant, but also extremely shy. She wants very much to bond with someone, but isn't sure how and needs to be shown. She really just needs the right person to love her: someone who is kind and patient to teach her how to be loved. Clover is great with other dogs, cats, rabbits and children. She NEVER barks and is housetrained. Whomever adopts Clover will have the great pleasure and privilege of watching her blossom into a trusting, loyal, happy companion."

I always want to go get the sad ones.

She sounds perfect for us and this is just killing me that my grouchy 11 year old dobie does not get a along with other dogs!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

pastabake wrote:
Clover got adopted! I hope her people are good.

oh yay for Clover!! I was seriously just going over and over in my head how I could make this work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:52 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Rowan wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
Rowan, I want to SO MUCH, but Mike says no. :( I'm pretty sure a tiny (4 pounds!) little thing like her wouldn't mind that we have a small apartment, plus, I could take her to work with me, so I will keep working on Mike...

Tell him that I said so!

Yeah, keep at it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm looking for a standard poodle for my mom so she doesn't end up getting one from a breeder, though they're hard to come by so she'll probably end up going to a breeder anyway...but I found this poodle/labrador puppy that I want so bad now.

If anyone hears about any standard poodles up for adoption in the Pacific NW you should let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm 
Member type 4

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19012013

The cat's name is Lil Wayne. WANT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:28 pm 
Member type 4

JOKER!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

i still want clover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

strawberryrock wrote:
I'm looking for a standard poodle for my mom so she doesn't end up getting one from a breeder, though they're hard to come by so she'll probably end up going to a breeder anyway...but I found this poodle/labrador puppy that I want so bad now.

If anyone hears about any standard poodles up for adoption in the Pacific NW you should let me know!

Oh my goodness, that little faaaace!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

strawberryrock wrote:

There are quite a few poodle rescues. You can search by state here (rescues are listed in the right column). Standards seem to be harder to come by than minis or toys though. If you contact a local rescue and tell them what your mom is looking for, they will probably be willing to keep an eye out for you. Sometimes breeders have adult dogs who were returned or who are retired breeding or show stock, which is probably better than spending thousands on a puppy. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 pm 
Countess Vagina

Brinks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:59 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

It's probably not mentally very healthy for me to be looking at pictures of white pekingese's after loosing Apple... but look at Sally, she is so pretty, I wish her and Apple could have been friends.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18684203

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

There are quite a few poodle rescues. You can search by state here (rescues are listed in the right column). Standards seem to be harder to come by than minis or toys though. If you contact a local rescue and tell them what your mom is looking for, they will probably be willing to keep an eye out for you. Sometimes breeders have adult dogs who were returned or who are retired breeding or show stock, which is probably better than spending thousands on a puppy. Good luck!

The local poodle rescue doesn't have any dogs right now. She applied for a poodle at a local shelter but I guess there is a lot of demand and they are checking her vet for a reference, it's like applying for a job. So we'll see! I was trying to convince her that she should just get another breed from a shelter but her standard poodle passed away a few weeks ago and she really just wants another standard poodle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

pastabake wrote:
Clover

"This sweet, sweet girl had a rough start to her life and is looking for a loving, forever-home. Clover spent her first 5 years in a puppy mill with almost no human interaction. Since April 2010, she has been bounced around in foster homes, the last of which resulted in her being brutally attacked by another dog in the home. Clover is so sweet and compliant, but also extremely shy. She wants very much to bond with someone, but isn't sure how and needs to be shown. She really just needs the right person to love her: someone who is kind and patient to teach her how to be loved. Clover is great with other dogs, cats, rabbits and children. She NEVER barks and is housetrained. Whomever adopts Clover will have the great pleasure and privilege of watching her blossom into a trusting, loyal, happy companion."

I always want to go get the sad ones.

ahhhh I can't stand it! I love the mini versions of Sable! I was just awwww-ing over this one today:

Mattie from Toronto
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17709956

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Mars wrote:
It's probably not mentally very healthy for me to be looking at pictures of white pekingese's after loosing Apple... but look at Sally, she is so pretty, I wish her and Apple could have been friends.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18684203

I totally did the same thing. I even found another one-eyed yorkie on a rescue site. As long as you don't actually go out and get the exact same kind of dog to replace Apple, I don't think it's unhealthy. I know that i'm not going to adopt another dog anytime soon and looking at Petfinder makes me feel better.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:53 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18658425
I'm not sure how to post the picture from PetFinder, but this is an adorable little bun!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:18 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

"He likes to tuck his snout in your armpit."

Aw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My mom is thinking about getting a dog, and she said specifically she wants a Boston Terrier, and I got sad because they're rare in Newfoundland shelters, and she doesn't see the problem with breeders. But she found this guy from the humane society!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19405329

It says special needs but she's prepared for that as long as its manageable. Seems like its probably something to do with his eyes?

We're going to call later today and see what his special needs are and if he's still available. I can't wait! He'll be my mom's but I'm sure she'll want me to pet sit for her every now and then :3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:31 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

!!

If you or your mom have any questions about BTs, check out WOOF! A Boston Terrier Board. The people there are so knowledgeable and helpful about everything related to Bostons. Super-nice, too.
At first glance, it looks like he might have cherry eye? If she ends up adopting him, post lots of pics!

(I am momo to one BT, so I'm clearly biased, but I think they are just the best best best dogs in the world.)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm 

Bubble Boo

Holy Shiit-a-ke... I'm going to go see this dog tomorrow... in person... she might just come home with me... ARGH but she's senior... and I get so super attached to dogs I don't know if I should do that to myself... oooh man so many elipses...

Thoughts? Should I do it? Ginny has been really lonely I think since Apple passed, she gets more crazy than normal when we come home from work etc... also more crazy when we are putting on our shoes to leave. I think that means she is feeling lonely, she's never really lived as the only dog for very long before.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 am 
Nailed to the V

She's a cutie!!! You should do it Mars, if it feels like a good fit. I adopted an older pet who only lived with me for a few months before passing away. Even though it was really rough watching her go so soon, I like to think the last part of her life was happy, well spent and filled with love.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm 

Bah she's not good with other dogs.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Slim Bob! Poor guy needs to go on a diet.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19298895

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Oh god, Slim Bob.

I found some gooduns. Also my father-in-laws oldest dog had to be put to sleep this weekend so we're running out of dogs and clearly, need to stock up.

Knox.

Popeye, who came in with...

Olive!

Bandit. If I got this dude I might not change his name.

Scruffy. I love that he looks like a little old man dog but he isn't even a year old.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next