| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fundraiser for Miss Minnie!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Hey guys, some of you know about my new puppeh's complex medical needs. The charity who gave her to me are standing over her medical costs, so I'm running a fundraiser page to try to get them some help towards things. I don't want post a direct link here for the fundraiser because it's under my name.

If any of you have any spare cash that you could donate please PM me for the link. Or, if you can't donate atm, but could share the link on social media please PM me too.

Miss Minnie is estimated to be at least 8yrs old and was rescued from a puppy farm, overbred and covered in fleas. Recently we have discovered that Minnie has cystitis, gum infection due to the terrible state of her teeth, anal gland infection, she is partially blind in one eye due to an old injury and possible cataract, she has two small mammary tumours and is pregnant with at least two pups. Minnie's medical bills will be mounting up over the next few months. After she has delivered her pups she will face extensive surgery to fix her teeth, spay her and strip her mammary glands to help deter the spread of possible malignancies. The fantastic people at the rescue are standing over her expenses. But they are a small charity, run completely by volunteers, and are currently helping several cases involving the most awful neglect and abuse. If you can spare even a small amount, it could take some of the pressure off this great charity and we would be so, so grateful. Anything left after Minnie's treatment would go to help the other little animals in their care. She really is the most delightful little dog and deserves the best chance at living a life where she is loved, safe and very much a member of the family. Every day her fears ease a little and she becomes more confident and happy.

Click image for video.

Post subject: Re: Fundraiser for Miss Minnie!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:39 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I don't want this to get buried in Unanswered Post Land too quickly, so... I'm answering.

The video of Minnie is priceless. She looks so tentatively hopeful!

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Minnie! She will soon rule the roost!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

She's a wee darling, we love her so much already! <3

Miss Poppy is simultaneously enthralled, weirded out and excited by her new sister. She's tried to initiate play a couple of times (something she's not known for with other dogs), but Minnie just ignores her and snuffles on. She grunts when stressed and when she's really happy, so her nickname is piglet, she's adorable <3

If anyone is having trouble donating through the fund raiser site just give me a shout, it doesn't seem to like overseas payments. I have links for other ways to donate xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You are good people, Fezza! <3 This really illustrates why one should adopt and never, ever buy a pet from a breeder or pet store.