| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dog Pee
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm 
Semen Strong

So my beloved, formerly perfectly house-broken dog Cuddles has taken to marking in our dining room. Its not that he has to go out (we are home, he gets let out constantly, its not a big puddle of pee), its that he is actually marking things we leave there.

It may be a reaction to having a new baby, because even though we do try, he isn't getting as much attention as he used to (I take him on an hour walk a day, and am home with him, just not in the same room).

I'm going to take him to the vet again to rule out a medical issue, and will call the behaviorist, but would love some feedback.

1. Is there a product that reliably gets out dog pee smells? Just Nature's Miracle? Any other ideas?

2. I know the suggestion is to confine the dog to a small space or keep the dog near and correct the behavior, but I really don't want to have to be watching a baby and a dog all the time, is this something that is pretty quick or is there another way to do it? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Dog Pee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Since I am a cat lady, I only have a suggestion for #1. I have a Bissell Spot Shot that really cleans up cat pee well, since a couple of them pee on the carpet after figuring out I'm taking them to the vet. I haven't tried it on old stains yet though. That's coming up tomorrow.

Good luck!

Post subject: Re: Dog Pee
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

this had some ideas that might be helpful
http://www.spca.org/document.doc?id=116
as you say, new baby, only one room in the house, seems classic. they suggest keeping the dog close to you, spending more time together in the room where he's marking....

as for removing stink it would be vinegar in my house.