| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cat peeing outside litter box - which cat is it?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I recently went away for work for 3 weeks and got back mid-May, when I noticed there were a few spots on in the hallway and my bedroom where one of the cats had peed. I had someone in 2x per day while I was away to scoop the litter and feed them, etc and she didn't notice anything. I attributed it to the fact that I had disappeared for so long and one of them was super stressed about it. I think it was Maynard (my male cat) since some of it was up on the walls and baseboards, so I think he might have sprayed. Either way, a month has passed and nothing has happened since I have been back from my time away. Today when I was cleaning up, I noticed an older pee puddle (almost dried up) in the porch near the front door, and it didn't look like it was up on the wall or anything. I have a female cat as well, but I have no idea which one it was. Any suggestions ppk? I have cleaned everything up with Nature's Miracle for cats, and am going to make an appointment for the vet in the morning to be sure, but I don't know what's going on. Both cats seem happy and healthy, they are both still actively using their litter box, I haven't changed anything recently, their litter is scooped each evening, I'm at a loss! Any advice?

Post subject: Re: Cat peeing outside litter box - which cat is it?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My older male cat, Boris, will sometimes pee on the bed (uuuugghhh) if I'm gone for a long time. He only seems to do it when he's really stressed. Our vet said we could put him on anxiety medication but that just seems absurd to me.