| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why you little.........
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm in the process of making http://ohsheglows.com/2009/08/22/vegan-peanut-butter-banana-bomb-muffins/

While the muffins were cooling that darn mutt decided the bomb was just too tasty to resist and scoffed the lot. Ravenous hussy.

Since going vegan she has gone nuts for my food.

Post subject: Re: Why you little.........
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

daisychain wrote:

Since going vegan she has gone nuts for my food.

My dog steals kale.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:29 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My last cat used to sit beside me on the couch when I was eating salads. When I looked away he would steal ginormous leaves of greens off of my plate and run away with them.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My dog once climbed onto the dining room table to help herself to my tofu scramble. When I discovered her, she didn't run, she just started eating faster!

My cats will totally steal the last corner of my toast. First they'll lick the nooch off, then they'll mock me by playing soccer with it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, I remember when my dog ate my sandwich when I was pregnant. I cried.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 am 
Saggy Butt

I wish you had a picture of this. So cute...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 am 
WELFARIST!

My kitties love (love!) homestyle potato rolls (from Veganomicon), split in half with Earth Balance spread on them. They seriously bother me when I'm trying to eat them. And my older kitty loves cookies and brownies and things. And popcorn!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The swines! The whole lot of them!

Any time I eat a Linda McCarthey sausage the crying she does makes the neighbours think I am beating her senseless with a thorny stick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:39 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Luna is obsessed with Earth Balance. Whenever my partner is eating toast, she is on his lap, dragging the toast from his hand to her cute little kitty face.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

designedtobekind wrote:
My dog once climbed onto the dining room table to help herself to my tofu scramble. When I discovered her, she didn't run, she just started eating faster!

My cats will totally steal the last corner of my toast. First they'll lick the nooch off, then they'll mock me by playing soccer with it!

Haha! I love the mental image of your dog scarfing down scramble before she gets removed from the scene!

Tristan loves watching me eat while he licks his little kitty lips. He gets so focused on me. What a beggar!
He goes nuts for speculoos, nooch, tartex paté, gravy, crackers, cereal and soy milk.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:20 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

neither of my dogs have ever been counter surfers nor have i seen them try to stand up on their hind legs to get things close to the edge of the counter but one day i left an entire loaf of bread on the counter to dry out a bit in the air to make stuffing and it mysteriously disappeared.

my beagle mix likes kale as well. last night he was eating cabbage. he will eat literally anything though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

haha! my dog is usually very polite, unless when it comes to chocolate or something with a strong scent.

she usually doesn't take things off of tables, but once, she ate a chocolate cupcake, and on two occasions, she stole chocolate chips from out of the jar that i keep them in. (i've been better about closing the lid when walking away. good thing she's a pittie and can handle a little chocolate.)

yesterday, i dropped an olive, and was going to pick it up, but she scarfed it before i could get to it. she knows she's not allowed to eat onions and mushrooms, so she doesn't go for those. and as for cherries, she knows i'm supposed to do something with them before she eats them. i enjoy her company while i cook. (and she enjoys my messiness ...and generosity)
last year i took pictures of her eating stuff for my mofo theme. http://www.flickr.com/photos/supercarro ... 223066201/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

sadie is so cute!!!
and i love the turtle pics!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:01 am 
Saggy Butt

My old housemates cat once stole a brussel sprout off my fork as I was talking to someone else then growled at me when I tried to remove it from him! He used to raid the bins though and we would always come down to find the bin on its side and the cat in a corner growling over whatever he had stolen that time. Bloomin alley cat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

supercarrot wrote:
haha! my dog is usually very polite, unless when it comes to chocolate or something with a strong scent.

she usually doesn't take things off of tables, but once, she ate a chocolate cupcake, and on two occasions, she stole chocolate chips from out of the jar that i keep them in. (i've been better about closing the lid when walking away. good thing she's a pittie and can handle a little chocolate.)

yesterday, i dropped an olive, and was going to pick it up, but she scarfed it before i could get to it. she knows she's not allowed to eat onions and mushrooms, so she doesn't go for those. and as for cherries, she knows i'm supposed to do something with them before she eats them. i enjoy her company while i cook. (and she enjoys my messiness ...and generosity)
last year i took pictures of her eating stuff for my mofo theme. http://www.flickr.com/photos/supercarro ... 223066201/

Ah bless! My shih tzu was a big more considerate when it came to food. The only time he went nuts was when there was pizza. Lexie on the other hand is an absolute pest. She is quick as lightening and far too smart.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My cats don't really eat human food at all. And I never offer it to them. But these stories are adorable! Picturing kitties with greens and brussels in their mouths! Love it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 pm 
ugh

My cats show very little interest in people food. The only time I've seen them eat anything was when I dropped a large piece of steamed broccoli on the kitchen floor - Bing grabbed it and bolted into the other room. He scarfed the whole thing down in a few seconds!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:24 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my cat is obsessed with button mushrooms and canned peas. i share my food with her if she wants it, as long as i know it's all o.k. for her, because whatever, but if i have these things i have to give her her own portion because she will try to stand in my plate. a cat at my mother's house will steal all her pickling cucumbers when she grows them in the summer, but he doesn't really eat them, he just hauls them off into a corner and bites them full of holes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:41 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My cat adores any kind of tomato sauce. She goes absolutely nuts for it - if I make pizza or any kind of pasta with tomato sauce, she will insist on licking the plate clean when I'm done. She also is a huge fan of cookies and cake. Those she'll actually attempt to eat from my plate - usually she'll just sit on my lap and sniff and be in the way until I give her some of what I'm having. I've also seen her eat carrots, lettuce, rice and soup broth. Her new trick though is to drink water from a glass. I'm not sure what it is about my glass that she wants it so much - her water gets changed frequently and I've started putting an ice cube or two in it for her thinking she might want it colder. I think she only wants it out of a glass because she thinks she's people.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 am 
Shopped till she dropped

My parents' dog will sit perfectly patiently next to my dad all through dinner. Every once in a while, she'll do this funny little shuffle if he takes a particularly tasty looking bite, but there she'll sit with those big puppydog eyes. He always lets her lick the plates, and he'll even give her a piece during meals, but she's always so good about not jumping on the table or his lap.

However, one time several years ago, I made a pineapple upside-down cake. I had just flipped it over, and left the room for a minute. My mom went back in the kitchen to find Katie sitting in a chair, having eaten a good third of the cake. We weren't too mad because it was so comical how fast she got up there. Other than a couple digs in the garbage, she's never done anything like that before or since. Silly pup. Love her.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

one of my dog's nabbed an entire peanut butter and jelly sammich right out of my hand once. i was so shocked all i could do was laugh and watch him eat it.
he is SUCH a good boy and will never touch food unless he's given the ok. he's extremely obediant in the house. you can leave food on the coffee table, tell him not to touch it, and walk out of the room briefly (i wouldnt LEAVE him there with it! that's too tempting). but we were hikng once and stopped for a sandwich break and i was eating my pbj and talking and i think i was gesticulating with my arms/hands and the sandwich probably went by his nose one too many times and all of a sudden he very politely/cautiously just yoinked it.
i almost died laughing....then i was hungry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:45 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

haha! Waving it around was just teasing him!

Little rip tried to rob one of my pancakes yesterday morning. I really should stop sitting on the sofa with my dinner in my lap and be civil and sit at the table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:56 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah we eat dinner in front of the tv instead of being proper like at a table so i sit on the floor with my food on the coffee table and the beagle (ie NOT the dog i just posted about above!) is always hovering over my plate. like beagle nose literally a milimeter from my food most of the time.
the only "good" thing is usually they start with my husband because he will give them food (he "taught" them how to beg. grrrr) and he is not vegan so occasionally he may have some cheese pizza to give them or on a really rare occasion real meat!