| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I feel mean for laughing, but...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly is always a snuggle bug, but some days she seems to need to be velcroed to someone for constant snuggles and cuddles. It's annoying. Sweet, but not very convenient.

Anyway, she does this to the macaw too. He puts up with small amounts, but today she wanted to snuggle under his wings, be mashed up against him, be preening him constantly, etc. she has basically been driving the poor boy nuts since 9am.

He just had enough and actually KICKED HER OUT! He pushed her out of the cage and she is now running around the floor looking pathetic. He has never done this before. I guess he just wanted some peace. He did it nicely and wouldn't have hurt her.

Poor Molly. But it's so funny! now I'll have to bring her back here to drive me nuts again. I was counting on the macaw babysitting for an hour or so. We've been trading off all day.

What do your critters do that is funny but then you feel mean?

Post subject: Re: I feel mean for laughing, but...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
Impressive boner

Peanut is the most ticklish guinea pig I've ever met. If you tickle her she'll try to kick your hand away with a back leg and will run around, wheeping in protest although this normally makes me tickle her a big more. Even the vet tickles her!

Occasionally one of them will be having a good scratch and make themselves fall over in the process. Their indignant recovery is more funny than them falling over.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

It does make me laugh when my young kitty tries to interest my elder kitty in playing by whacking him across the face with his paw (claws in, so no harm done). I put myself in his widdle head and imagine his thought process "I wanna play so I'll just smack him across the face and get it started. That'll work!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

When my dog is so excited to get out of bed in the morning that she runs down her bed-stairs so fast she plows into the wall in front of it... It's never hard enough to hurt her, but!!! Oh man. (P.S., she can get out on her own accord any time she wants, but has this intense desire or something to wait for me.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

pretty much any time my cats fall off or into something. i've usually warned them too (what, you mean cats don't understand human?), so i just laugh and laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am 
ugh

One of my cats is easily started by unfamiliar objects (or familiar objects in a new location) on the floor. So she'll just be walking into the living room, discover a small box or my bag or whatever on the floor, and leap several feet straight into the air. I feel bad but it is really funny, especially since afterwards she behaves as though nothing happened.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I fully enjoy spraying my cats with the water bottle when they're naughty. They just look so funny scuttling away at top speed from the terrifying water.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

My kitty was terrified of the vacuum cleaner that we used at the cottage. It was really funny to see him flee for his life from it. He's rarely exposed to vacuum cleaners as I don't have carpeting in my apartment and only pull mine out to vacuum the couch once every while and I guess he hides when I do that but I didn't really notice because that's not like carpet vacuuming, where it keeps coming for him, or so he thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

b.vicious wrote:
One of my cats is easily started by unfamiliar objects (or familiar objects in a new location) on the floor. So she'll just be walking into the living room, discover a small box or my bag or whatever on the floor, and leap several feet straight into the air. I feel bad but it is really funny, especially since afterwards she behaves as though nothing happened.

Mine do this too! One of my cats is still afraid of a particular pillow on our sofa. All I have to do is show it to him or move it, and he jumps backwards and runs the other way. Also, oven mitts are terrifying, apparently. I dropped one once, and he ran down the stairs and stayed out of the kitchen for a while. When I tried showing it to him to prove it wasn't scary, he would have none of it. Oven mitt=mortal danger, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:25 am 
Seagull of the PPK

the cockatiel is angry because he prefers Russian opera (he was rocking out to Dead Souls this morning while I was thinking dark thoughts). We're listening to Strauss right now and he is alternating between falling asleep and giving me dirty looks.
Take that, evil bird.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am 
Discovered unobtainium

My birds hate Russian opera. They like Natalie Dessay and Lucie de Lammermoor. They do not like Lucia di Lammermoor.

Sucks for them because I adore Anna Netrebko beyond all reason.

Molly loves Britney Spears. She heard 3 on the radio once and went nuts, so I bought it for her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My kitties hatehateHATE the vacuum cleaner. I have no idea why, aside from it being loud, it doesn't interfere with them at all. When I enter the room with a vacuum, they practically hurl themselves out of the room lest they get eaten. It's sad but it also makes me chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Every once in a while Cammie's ID charm bangs against her bowl when she's eating/drinking and startles the crepe out of her. It's so cute and she doesn't realize that she's scaring herself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Every once in a while my cat will miss-judge a jump-up....from the floor to the table for example.......so this funny thing happens where she springs up and lands in the same spot again, or maybe she'll manage to tap her front paws on the top of the table before going down.

I always laugh so hard when this happens and she gives me the nastiest fork You look ever.