| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My kitty has a stone :(
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 am 
WRETCHED

Oh my gosh bunniee, I hope your kitty is doing well.

The vet called last night to check on her and she said she call again this morning. Lola wasn't too pleased to be confined to one room but she did seem hungry at 3am when I got up so I got her some wet food and then gave her pain medicine and wet food this morning at 6am.

I did let Lola roam this morning and she seems to be trying to keep to her normal morning routine. She sat on a perch near the deck to watch the deck and then went to the basement to watch out the basement door.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am 
WRETCHED

I just wanted to give an update. Due to a lack of e-collar, Lola pulled out her stitches a few days after her surgery during the middle of the night. She went back to the vet and got staples and an e-collar. She was frantic with the e-collar so we bought an inflatable collar at the pet store. She doesn't like it but she endures it a lot better. We had to buy a size up because the location of the stiches, her long body and flexibility. We let her be e-collar free when she is around us but at night and when we aren't home, we put the collar back on. Her belly is healing nicely now.

She will have to go back to the vet next week to get the staples out but she is fully herself now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Glad she's ok.

What exactly is an e-collar?
n/m.. Those lampshade looking things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 am 
WRETCHED

It is a cone or Elizabethan collar. They didn't put one on her after the surgery because she was so upset. I don't remember her having one when she got spayed either so not sure what we did then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Huzzah for Lola.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

Argh @ the pulling out stitches. I caught Kizzy doing that before he did real damage last fall after a small operation. I'd taken him out of his collar because he seemed miserable in it and I never saw him pulling or scratching at his stitches but finally after a few days, he did. Anyway, it all came out fine and I'm glad Lola's well and hope everything's okay with bunniee's kitty too. <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My cat had urinary tract issues for years. Then I went to a new vet and quickly discovered that she had stones. The first one disappeared on its own, but later she developed a much bigger one. That one had to be surgically removed. I told my vet that she didn't do well with the stitches (at a different vet) from her spay, so he said he put the stitches inside and used hypoallergenic stitches after the bladder surgery. I was feeding her completely wet Rx food for a bit, but she did have horrible problems with hairballs. So now she gets about 70% wet and 30% dry (Rx for urinary stones). She also has a pet fountain. Recently she's started having a bit of hairball issues again, so I think I'm going to up the dry food a bit as well as be better about brushing her regularly. Though she's had a UTI a few times since the surgery, she hasn't had any more stones for a few years:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

linanil wrote:
I just wanted to give an update. Due to a lack of e-collar, Lola pulled out her stitches a few days after her surgery during the middle of the night. She went back to the vet and got staples and an e-collar. She was frantic with the e-collar so we bought an inflatable collar at the pet store. She doesn't like it but she endures it a lot better. We had to buy a size up because the location of the stiches, her long body and flexibility. We let her be e-collar free when she is around us but at night and when we aren't home, we put the collar back on. Her belly is healing nicely now.

She will have to go back to the vet next week to get the staples out but she is fully herself now.

Oh I'm glad Lola is healing up now. I lucked out and didn't have to get an e-collar for my kitty after her surgery, although I don't think she could have gotten to the stitches. I did have to put up a makeshift gate when she tried to go downstairs and she wasn't happy about that.

bird noises | book of faces