| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eric Weisman Gets Fine & Probation for Violating Court Order
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

From SkeptVet
Quote:
I recently received a comment from Mr. Eric Weisman, promoter of Evolution Diet, regarding a post I wrote about his products in 2009. The comment was full of conspiracy theories, baseless accusations, and a general disregard for truth. At that time of my original article, I knew only that Mr. Weisman was making claims about his diet, as well as other commercial diets and veterinary medicine as a profession, that were untrue and without any basis in fact. It later became clear that Mr. Weisman isn’t interested in facts at all when a reader pointed out that Mr. Weisman had been sanctioned numerous times for violating the terms of his license as a chiropractor and for practicing veterinary medicine without a license. In an update to my original post, I made available the public documents showing this pattern of dishonest behavior, for which Mr. Weisman ultimately lost his license to practice chiropractic.

Unfortunately, this did not disabuse him of the mistaken belief that he was qualified to practice medicine on both humans and animals, since he was subsequently charged with violating the terms of this court injunction along with new counts of practicing medicine without a license and mistreatment of animals, as I reported in an update last year. The allegations included some horrific descriptions of unethical behavior, including this from a veterinarian at the University of Minnesota,

Quote:
Weisman brought in a cat he suspected had kidney failure and cancerous lesions, the complaint said. According to the U’s veterinarian, the cat had neither – it died of pneumonia, was unable to absorb nutrients from the food it ate and had broken bones in each of its front legs. The suspected cancerous lesions, the veterinarian said, were actually scabs caused by the cat walking on its joints instead of its broken feet, the complaint said.

read more http://skeptvet.com/Blog/2012/11/eric-w ... urt-order/

Post subject: Re: Eric Weisman Gets Fine & Probation for Violating Court O
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Interesting. I hadn't heard anything about this.

Post subject: Re: Eric Weisman Gets Fine & Probation for Violating Court O
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

hm. i dont know all of the details about the case, but after some less than satisfactory email correspondence i had with the Evolution people about some questions i had about their dog food i stopped buying it.

glad we found an alternative.