| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Reporting Animal Abuse
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It doesn't matter how dogs live on a tropical island - in England it's much more strange to keep your cat indoors than out, i'd still tell someone in the US to keep their cat indoors. Harley has a really heavy coat and loves the outdoors, she would sleep on the back porch for most of the year if we let her. But right now even she only goes out long enough to do her business and comes right back in.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm glad this looks to have a good ending. I imagine it was neglect (maybe due to the new baby) that caused the dog to poop inside, or else stress brought on by the new baby. Hopefully the intervention will have been so stressful to the family that they won't even consider another dog....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm glad the dog is getting out of there! I hope the family turns him over to the rescue without a fight. (I never understand why some people absolutely refuse to give up dogs that they don't even care for!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Apparently they put the dog in the house today, so the rescue's agent didn't see the dog outside and they're going back tonight. We think the dog was crated inside the house because it was so cold and will be put out again tonight. It sounds horrible but we're hoping that the agent can catch the dog outside so they can take him....

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

That's a lot of work for people who don't care about their dog. Stupid people. I hope they get caught by the rescue quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm 
Semen Strong

The rescue talked to them, and the woman cried and said that she was being picked on by the neighbors and they never did anything like leaving the dog unattended in the backyard. She said all the harassment makes them terrified to let the dog out to pee at night. She promised that the dog will live in the house and not be put outside for long periods or crated inside for long periods.

The rescue told us to call them if anything changes. So, yeah. Maybe they were shaken enough to change their behavior and they'll be good to the dog from now on.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm sure the rescue has heard all of those excuses before. Definitely keep an eye out, my guess is if they do put the dog out again, it'll be a few days because they probably ARE tense from the 'harassment'. But once their butts unclench they might decide it's safe to leave the dog out all friggin' night again.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

and take video evidence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tofulish...if things get bad enough, just tweet Cory Booker!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8967030
It's so pathetic that even the Mayor got lame excuses from the dog's owners.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm 
Semen Strong

I love Cory Booker <3 <3 <3 He's vegetarian too <3

Sadly, that dog was given back to his owner, probably so he could avoid being fined for animal cruelty. It was about 11F outside yesterday and anyone who thought it was okay to leave an animal out in that cold should have to sit outside for even an hour. Preferably with their nethers on a steel plate, but I'm not picky