| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lost my 9 month old tabby to FIP.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm 
WELFARIST!

Aw, I'm sorry la vie. <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I'm really sorry. My cat six year old cat was diagnosed with FIP in the last week and she's been declining really rapidly. It is unbelievably sad and we feel so helpless. She was such a joyful, happy creature who loved everyone--we used to call her a cuddle-slut. I think tomorrow or Saturday will probably be the last days for her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Oh I am so sorry Wendy. Are you sure it's FIP? Did they do all the testing? It's so frustrating and confusing. It usually affects kittens and old cats. I am so sorry, it's an awful emotional rollercoaster from hell. Pm me if you want to talk about it. I have been gutted over my sweet baby.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm so sorry too. It's been 12 years since my 18 mo. old Leo died of FIP. Leo was an 'old soul' type of boy and we still miss him. My daughter had rescued another cat from an abusive situation and she turned out to be a carrier and infected Leo. Our 18 year old at the time, Natasha, came down with the milder/related virus but recovered.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:12 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Thank you la vie. Yes, we're sure. She went for the full battery of tests, including testing the yellow fluid they extracted from around her heart and an additional blood test. I'm sorry if that's too graphic. It is totally heartbreaking, and I had read too that it's usually for kittens and older cats. Before she got sick she was the complete picture of health-- bounding around, chasing stuff. If you stopped petting her, she'd headbutt your hand until you started again. The vet gave her some steroids that seemed to restore her appetite a tiny bit and give her a little energy. It's going to be this afternoon though. I have no idea how I'm going to get through the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm so sorry dear. I had to make the same decision last week and it happened on Friday afternoon as well. I ache for her but there is nothing I can do except try to heal and remember that although her life was too short, she had so much love and so much fun. She adored my dog and loved the boy cats, she didn't get along with my old disabled girl cat but it was slowly getting better. I am just loving a lot on my cats and dog now and just pray to god (well not really praying to god) that none of them get it. It is so heart breaking. I think you are doing the right thing in letting her go. It's not fair to let them waste away, like mine was going to. Cry as much as you feel like, kiss and hug her so much and tell her you love her and will be with her again somehow. That's what I am doing and it is helping me cope. I still talk to her. Yes, I am the crazy cat lady. Much support and hugs to you in this difficult time. I am so, so sorry. Fip is so awful, I hate it.