| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
Fizzgig, like this?

I regularly have this conversation with the dogs:

"I have it on good authority that you've already been fed! I'm no sucker! DADDY FED YOU!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Yes! Exactly that. Also, the moaning and disappointment if I take something out of the fridge (Lard help us if it has tin foil on it, too) that is not cat food. How can there be not-cat-food in the fridge? who allows that? Momma and Daddy are awful people who hate their kitties!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I got up this morning, let the dogs out and fed them, and then went upstairs to take a bath. When I went downstairs again, my dad said, You need to wash your dog's face. She has dirt or something on it." So I found Tegan, and sure enough, there was some kind of dirt smeared all over the top of her nose. I was pretty sure her nose was clean when I went upstairs about half an hour prior, so I asked my dad if he had let her outside again. He said he hadn't. I thought maybe it wasn't dirt, so I sniffed her nose. It was dog shiitake. Definitely 100% dog shiitake. How the fork did my dog get shiitake all over her face?! My dad was downstairs the whole time and didn't see her doing anything unusual. I checked around the house to see if one of the dogs had had an accident, but I didn't find anything. Both dogs peed and pooped when I let them out this morning. It was so weird and SO GROSS. Omg Tegan. Why?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:35 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Lexi and Diego are on a mission to be pure irritating today. I had two wake up calls thanks to the cat meowing from the downstairs and getting Lexi to wake me up. One was for his wet food and the other time was because he was bored.

Then this evening while I was making dinner Lexi was watching me and Diego wasn't impressed that Lexi was ignoring him so he ran up behind her and bit her on the asparagus. Que lots of dramatic behaviour from Lexi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

ophelia got buprenorphine at the vet's today, and she's so stoned! i feel sort of monstrous for saying it, but it's kind of adorable. her little face is still puffy from whatever's happening in her jaw, and her pupils are HUGE. she looks like a sanrio character. i can't stop scooping her up and kissing her, and she's all, "whaaaaaaa?" aw. i really just love her a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

Amos has slowed down some over the last month or so. Not a lot... he still beats me up a flight of stairs but he doesn't rocket up them as fast as he used to, and he doesn't jump up on the couch as easily as he used to. I was worried that maybe he was getting arthritis or back problems, but I had him at the vet today for his checkup and he's gone from 16.4 pounds to 18.2 in the last year. The good news is that the vet thinks weight's the likeliest culprit since he's not showing any other signs of pain appears to be in good health pending blood test results tomorrow. We're going to try to slim him down by 3 pounds before we try glucosamine or bother with xrays. But now I feel like a horrible mom because I know that he's been getting too many treats since I've been out of work and home with him more. No more treats for my chubby puppy. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:24 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Venger has discovered how to open doors in my his flat. This can only end in ruin.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So, I went to buy cat food a while ago and they were all out of the "original" version, and the only other kind in that brand was the "weight and hairball control" one. So I bought a small bag to tie them over figuring the ingredients wouldn't be too different and when then I can buy the original again.

But, some how, amazingly, we haven't had any hair balls since I bought this food. We were easily having one every other day if not every day, and I'm kind of completely shocked that a store brand food actually delivered the results they advertised. So I bought more. Because stepping in cold hair balls at 6 a.m is not my idea of a good time (the cats always left them right in the pathway between the bedroom and bathroom).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:01 pm 
WELFARIST!

acr wrote:
ophelia got buprenorphine at the vet's today, and she's so stoned! i feel sort of monstrous for saying it, but it's kind of adorable. her little face is still puffy from whatever's happening in her jaw, and her pupils are HUGE. she looks like a sanrio character. i can't stop scooping her up and kissing her, and she's all, "whaaaaaaa?" aw. i really just love her a lot.
I always feel terrible too for how much I extra smlove them when they come home stoned from the vets! <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

They're just so cute and vulnerable and loving (even when they aren't normally loving) when they're all doped up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:14 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My cat has started licking me, as if he's a dog. He's almost 5 years old, and this started within the last year. It's SO WEIRD, you guys. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why he's doing it. Sometimes it's to get my attention (particularly when I'm asleep). Sometimes he does it while I'm petting him. Sometimes he'll just jump up on the couch, lick my arm, and run off. I'm baffled by this behaviour.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We bought a new cat tree on the weekend and the kitties love it! I've been annoying everyone on Instagram by taking tons of photos.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

I just made myself hot chocolate on the stove, and left the fridge slightly ajar after getting some almond milk....I turn around to see a snorty little pug with his head in a bowl of potato salad that I just made. I wish I could tell him off but a pug face covered in mayo is kind of hilarious. Mummy's little piggy <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Aw, they look like they're enjoying it, lobsterrific!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:04 pm 
WELFARIST!

Oooh, that is a nice deluxe one, lobster! Looks like they love it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 pm 

I moved all the furniture in the living room on sunday and lexi has taken to hiding out behind the armchair which is a tiny spot. This evening I decided I would squeeze in her bedding there to make it a bit more comfy. She is in absolute heaven in there. It is only between half a foot at the narrowest point to 3ft at the widest point in width and about 2ft long but she loves it. I couldn't even manage to physically drag her out of it to go to bed upstairs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:58 am 
Nooch of Earl

So we are on our last glucose test strip, and I don't know how to get more in a new country. The vet on base doesn't have anything like that (even if we bought a new test system, which of course would be expensive), it's a little bit of a specialty thing for a regular pet store, the on base vet suggested we go to a pharmacy "but be sure to bring our prescription" only it isn't a prescription item and isn't a human use thing so I have my doubts that they would have it at all.

I ordered more online before we left the US, still haven't gotten them. We did get the separately shipped food part of that order. Ordered an extra set from Amazon a week ago, those haven't come yet (which isn't surprising, mail probably will take a week or two in the military post system).

Anyway I have no idea whether it's been held up in customs because it's medical supplies or it's just a normal delay or what, but I'm getting very frustrated and feeling helpless. In the last week we've switched to testing him just 1x/day instead of 2x and just doing a conservative insulin dose in between those tests, and his numbers have looked good, but… I am starting to freak out a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We took Tegan to one of the local ponds today. We walked around it and then went down to the swimming beach. Tegan seemed really interested in the water, and it wasn't quite warm enough for anyone to be swimming, so I walked her down to the water's edge. She went right in and was splashing around and looked SO happy. Then she decided to lie down in the water. She just flopped right down with a huge smile on her face. She's so weird!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:36 am 

So when I'm up the woods I leave Lexi off the leash so she can have a good run around. Anytime I put my arms out and say "gimme a hug chicken" she runs away so obviously I do it like a million and one times. Yesterday I was running around with my arms out shouting at her goodo and a stranger came around the corner.

Yeah, I totally got a look that said "you need to be locked up in an asylum" and I totally didn't care.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

daisychain wrote:
"gimme a hug chicken"

Oh, that made me laugh. I am constantly making a fool of myself around my dog, too. This morning I had Tegan hunting for Easter eggs in front of our house. My mother and I were filming Tegan and cheering her on when the lady from next door stopped to talk to us. I'm sure she went home and told her whole family that the weirdos next door had set up an easter egg hunt for their dog.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:27 pm 

I feel bad for their dogs if they have dogs because they must feel so deprived. That girl that gave me the look had a dog. The dog actually looked jealous of the fun Lexi was having.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:55 am 
Discovered unobtainium

This was selfish, but I was feeling very upset/sad so I got Molly up. She was chattering at me when I went into the kitchen so she was awake. Now she is upset that I'm upset and is trying to feed me, she doesn't usually do the regurgitation thing. She is so sweet.

I rubbed her beak a few times and said "no thanks, Molly" so luckily she stopped the regurgitation and is just snuggling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Today I decided to say hello to all the people we passed on our walk, in the hopes that someone would stop to pet Tegan. Everyone just stared at me and kept walking. We passed two women pushing one of those super expensive baby carriages that look like old-fashioned prams. Tegan was really happy to see them, because she loves babies. I smiled and said hello as we approached. One woman glared at me and kept walking, and the other just totally ignored me. Poor Tegan looked so disappointed when they passed us. But then! When we were almost home, we saw another woman pushing a baby carriage. And as we got closer, the woman leaned over and started smiling and talking to Tegan. So we stopped, and Tegan was SO HAPPY that someone finally acknowledged her! I had to hold her to keep her from jumping up on the woman, because she was just so excited. Then the woman turned the baby carriage around so the baby could see Tegan. Tegan was like "OMG I LOVE BABIES!" and she went over and carefully touched the baby with her nose. The baby reached his/her hand out and placed it on Tegan's nose. Tegan would have stayed there all day. I finally said, "Come on Tegan, let's go," and we started to move away. The lady grabbed the baby's hand and was waving it, saying, "Bye-bye, doggie!" Well, that was it. Tegan decided she was not going to leave this baby ever, and plopped down with all her legs braced. I had to practically carry her away. Then I had to cross the street, because she kept trying to turn around and go back. I'm sure she's currently plotting how to escape the house and go find that baby.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm 
WELFARIST!

Awwww...Molly regurgitating and Tegan plotting a babynapping! <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

seitanicverses wrote:
Awwww...Molly regurgitating and Tegan plotting a babynapping! <3 <3 <3

Yesssssss to both. So much cute.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next