| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my parents' chihuahua has a blue stuffed animal that he uses for, um, stress release. they forgot it here the last time they visited, and they kept calling me and begging me to mail it back because he kept wandering around the house at bedtime looking for it and wailing. so i finally mailed it back, and they said he was really excited when they opened the package, but now instead of going to town on it he just stands next to it and whines. i could hear him in the background when i was talking to my mom on mother's day--seriously, non-stop whining for almost ten minutes. she was like, "jesus, what did you do to that thing?" um, i picked it up and put it in a box? i guess in the three months it spent in my living room i ruined it by infusing it with my scent and sense of self-respect.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This is how Tegan plays with Basko. Basko is like "what the hell is wrong with this dog?"

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:02 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

aw! she's all, "play with me!" and he's all, "I'M TRYING."

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sometimes Tegan gets mad that Basko won't chase her, so she grabs the scruff of his neck and drags him around the yard. Poor Basko is too old for all of this nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, it's obvious in this vid that Tegan has the energy of a young dog and Basko...doesn't. I have the same energy discrepancy between two kitties in my household. One young buck who tears around the house and when he tries to play with my elderly cat, the old guy's just at a point where he tries to escape him and doesn't even play anymore. Poor energetic poopie! And poor pooped poopie!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We had to have the chickens at the shelter tested for bird flu before we could put them up for adoption, so the state sent someone out today. I caught the chickens and handed them to the tester lady. When I have to pick them up, I sort of hug them to my body and pet them and talk to them. But the lady just grabbed them from me by their wings and flipped them upside-down by their feet and nicked them with a scalpel thing to get blood. Then she carried them by their wings again and tossed them back into the pen. I don't know how the birds felt, but it was fairly traumatising for me! Poor chicken friends.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yes, poor chicken friends indeed. Maybe they have to be upside down for the foot thing? But certainly you wouldn't have to toss them!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Why is Gershwin so damn mean? He's always been this way since we adopted him at 6 months old, but he's just so damn curmudgeon-like lately. He's about 10 now. In good health, gets checked up often and I'm honed right in on any health problems and take him to the vet if I suspect anything. He's got a million beds and toys, clean litter boxes, lots of water dishes, dry food, wet food, treats, and he is still so. forking. miserable. I'll be petting him (at his request) and then without any body language cues of having enough of me, he'll turn around and ferociously bite me REALLY hard.

He also doesn't play, he won't even come for treats, and you even have to bring his wet food dish right to his face otherwise he will look at you like he hates your forking guts for making him walk. He also constantly cries at the door (which leads out to the apartment hallway) and will sneak out at any opportunity. It's like he hates us, always has, and is so miserable here. We've literally done everything we can do make him happy, and he hates us more for it.

He's like a real-life Henri the Cat from those YouTube videos. He is currently pensively staring out the window right now with a look of pure hatred on his face. What the hell did we do? We've had him for 10 years now and he's always been the center of our affections, we've never hurt him, always treated him like a little prince. And he was always such a jerk, now even more so. And he's not just bad with me, he is downright scary with visitors and will actually try to kill them. He'll hurl his whole body at people and attack them with such ferocity that it scares people.

And he's mostly really great with Tristan, but at least once a day he absolutely randomly spazzes on Tris like he does on us. Tristan will just be playing near him and he'll lose his shiitake and attack Tristan. It's so weird, because it just comes out of nowhere. We've asked the vet about it and she can't determine any physical cause for it, but suggested we get him on prozac...ugh. This was after he was trying to kill her so violently that she was standing on her chair and had to get a vet assistant to come in wearing a full-suede shirt/glove combo to try and restrain him.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't have advice, I just wanted to say that Gershwin is such a lovely looking fellow.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I want to leave my house right now because Frisbee is driving me up a wall. If I don't play with him constantly he'll start pulling books off the bookshelves or climbing in the few cabinets that don't have child locks on them and knocking shiitake around or climbing on all our bikes which are currently parked in the living room of this tiny apartment. Nick is napping in the bedroom so I can't even escape in there.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 pm 

He sure is, isn't he? He also has the SOFTEST fur ever. It's pillowy and fluffy and just so soft.
I was really upset when I wrote that because it hurts my feelings when he bites me and looks at me with such disdain! Haha. For all the reasons stated above! I love him so much and sometimes he's just so mean to me. And he's almost never mean to Trevor, which hurts my feelings too!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm sure I am going to regret it but today I let Lexi get up on the sofa beside me for kisses and cuddles while I was upset and crying. She licked away my tears though and made me feel a bit better.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

paprikapapaya wrote:
He sure is, isn't he? He also has the SOFTEST fur ever. It's pillowy and fluffy and just so soft.
I was really upset when I wrote that because it hurts my feelings when he bites me and looks at me with such disdain! Haha. For all the reasons stated above! I love him so much and sometimes he's just so mean to me. And he's almost never mean to Trevor, which hurts my feelings too!

I'm sorry, it sounds rough!

Gershwin's face looks like my Mendeljev's:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:13 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly is such a diva bisque in the mornings. If I don't rush over to say good morning to her quickly enough, she bites me and says a whole string of angry sounding but incomprehensible conure speak. She thinks that giving her kisses should be the very first thing I do, and things like getting my lunch out of the fridge or filling my water bottle can wait. BUT, if I give her the snuggles first, then take too long in the house before leaving, I am in trouble for that and she grumbles at me on my way downstairs and out the garage and then bites me when I come home. I seriously have less than a 60 second leeway on either end of the morning snuggles.

If I do everything according to her schedule, she is sweet and fluffy and cuddly and either yells "are you sleepy?" or "kiss kiss" or "you have pretty feathers" on my way out.

AND, I have to be sure to say goodbye to her again after I say goodbye to the macaw or I'm really in trouble. How does this crepe even start? Bird is 6" tall on a good day. Unbelievable. (yes, I got bitten today because I dithered over deciding between strawberry or mango yogurt)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:06 pm 
WRETCHED

My dog killed a mouse. We had a mouse/rat living under our neighbors shed but we haven't seen the mouse/rat for a few weeks, around the same time we saw a pest control company around. The dogs also stopped being as interested in the backyard but then the other day, my dog tried digging un the fence and became interested in the neighbor's shed that borders the fence. So then my husband said he found a mouse on the doorstep of the backyard. I didn't actually look at the mouse but it looked smaller than the guy that had been seen in our backyard before so doesn't seem to be the same guy.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 pm 

Oh wow, Mendeljev and Gershwin do look very similar! Gersh has that mane around his neck too.
He's being really nice to me right now so I'll take it while it lasts. I've been his mom for 10 years and this is what I get? Geez, kids!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was taking the pictures off the mantelpiece to dust and Tegan was following me. I took a framed photo of Sable down, and showed it to her, saying, "Look, this is Sable." Tegan touched her nose to the photo and wagged her tail! It was adorable and sad all at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just sang some Rihanna to Bill Murray and then kissed her tail and she ran away. Hater.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am 
Impressive boner

I love that she's called Bill Murray!!

We spent an hour last night trying to catch a young wild rat. I have no idea how it got into the house, it must have hopped in through the door when one of us was coming into the house yesterday. It was hiding under/behind the bookcase then behind the radiator. We finally managed to fling a tshirt over it and then put a large plastic box over that, and released it near a drain. Then we were at A&E until 4am getting antibiotics for Mr8. I'm soooo tired.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:29 am 

Because Lexi insisted on going out at 9.30am this morning for a walk I ended up with a tick bite on my boob.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

June 1st was always Sable's birthday celebration. Tegan and I decided to bake cupcakes in honor of Sable (Tegan helped by tasting some of the rapidly melting frosting).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:04 pm 

Happy birthday Sable <3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We always put Tegan in her crate when no one is going to be home to watch her. But today, I was at a baby shower for a few hours, and my dad went to training with Basko, and I guess he decided to leave Tegan loose. I came home and Tegan was just chilling in the upstairs hallway, and (as far as I can tell) she didn't move or destroy anything! That's such a huge difference from when we first got her. This weekend, we are taking her to our summer cottage, and I'm really hoping she will be able to handle that. Then only room in the cottage that has a door is the bathroom, and there is just so much stuff there to get into!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 pm 

I made bahn mi for my dinner tonight and was going to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I had the container of it cooling on the worktop and I ran upstairs to get my hayfever pill because I was about to go cut the grass. So I returned to the kitchen to find an empty container and a happy dog licking her lips.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My dog eats bees.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next