| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh my, this is embarrassing.

I just addressed a text message to the macaw concerning an eBay order I forgot to pay for until now. They are on vacation, so he won't get his toys until the 21st.

Only, instead of my mom, I accidentally sent it to my aunt. She is really going to think I'm cuckoo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The second sentence led me to believe you were sending at text to the Macaw regarding his ebay purchases ...like, you were too embarrassed to tell him his toys would be late to his face so you texted him instead.

I'm so disappointed you just sent the text to your aunt instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

No, I'm afraid to tell the macaw! He chewed his last bit of the paper rope today and has been yelling for more.

Last edited by lavawitch on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 pm 

ha ha! I know how you feel. I went to the store I normally buy our cats' grass from last week, but alas they had no grass and I came home with only tinned food and a new guilt purchase toy. The look of reproach I received - I tell ya!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Guilt purchase toy. I love it. It never works with our guys though. They know what they should have had and don't want any crappy imitations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh RC. Oh Ferdinand. I hope the vet can do something for him. What a sweet looking boy. Poor thing :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Ferdinand :( :( :( Hoping he gets fixed up and healed soon.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks for the well wishes for Ferdie, everyone. He's back at the vet today. They're going to aspirate his knee and see what they can find out from that. We're also seeing about maybe getting a brace for his other leg to help support it since he is not using his operated leg at all right now, and we don't want the ACL tear in the non-operated leg to get worse. He's pretty sad right now. I'm going to the pet store later, so I'm gonna try to find him a nice treat for when he comes back to the shelter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending lots of good thoughts for Ferdinand! I hope that they can help him heal completely and quickly. Knee issues are no fun.

And how lovely are you for getting him a treat!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:45 pm 

Still keeping everything crossed for Ferdinand. Poor guy. Treats are good though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:29 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Every time I fart loudly Lexi looks at her butt and has a sniff of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My dog was just completely entranced by a winter olympics promo ad. She's so weird.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:43 pm 

Oh cute! Lexi got entranced by a hen on House one day. I couldn't see the TV because of her.

So her muzzle finally arrived. I thought I would be heartbroken putting it on her but turns out it is all very hilarious. When I take it out she automatically comes to me without her calling her and puts her face into it. Then she stares at me as if to say...... seriously, this isn't one bit funny. The way she willingly comes to me then looks at me afterwards is just hilarious!

It worked a treat today when I had to mop the kitchen. Normally she goes ballistic when I do it and she started to bark so I put on the muzzle and she went straight out to her food bowl and tried to eat. So obviously I took it straight back off and she went and ate while I cleaned the food. It wasn't on her for 10 seconds before it done the trick of keeping her quiet. When she finished eating she sat watching me patiently while I finished mopping the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I couldn't eat my dinner because two of my cats kept crawling all over me, trying to steal pieces of romaine lettuce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 pm 
Semen Strong

Adorable and annoying! Adoying? Annorable?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:18 pm 
Chip Strong

I hung out with my brother's hedgehog yesterday. She napped in the sleeve of my cardigan for a little while and made some happy squeaking noises. Then she decided to explore further and came out the other end of my sleeve on my shoulder. It was adorable.

In other news, my dog jumped in my bed (she's allowed) and put her head on my feet. I went to pet her and she rolled over, at which point I realized that she was completely covered in mud and it was too late to save my bed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tofulish wrote:
Adorable and annoying! Adoying? Annorable?

It got worse when they started slapping my caramel corn out of my hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:41 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

...shhh... trying to type this up really quiet and not appear to be noticing what Ginny is doing... but dudes, I am so so in love with her when she goes and gets her edible dental bone, brings it up to our bed and noms on it. It's just so rare, and nothing comes close to it, she has never been even remotely interested in toys or chew-things. I keep one in a specific spot for her for the rare times she gets it in her head she wants one. Omg if I act like I've noticed though, she'll stop. Which is part of the charm. She puts her little paws around the base so dexterously! Gahhhhh I love her so much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
...shhh... trying to type this up really quiet and not appear to be noticing what Ginny is doing... but dudes, I am so so in love with her when she goes and gets her edible dental bone, brings it up to our bed and noms on it. It's just so rare, and nothing comes close to it, she has never been even remotely interested in toys or chew-things. I keep one in a specific spot for her for the rare times she gets it in her head she wants one. Omg if I act like I've noticed though, she'll stop. Which is part of the charm. She puts her little paws around the base so dexterously! Gahhhhh I love her so much.

I love when dogs hold chewies and toys in their paws! So cute.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

These are Ferdinand from yesterday.

He is only allowed to walk outside to potty, then right back in. We have to support his back end the entire time. The vet aspirated his knee area and ran tests. The tests for infection were inconclusive, so he is on a course of antibiotics just in case. He has to go back for more x-rays soon. He's such a good puppy, but you can tell the strict cage rest is hard on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Is that doggy-wheelchair thingy like in Babe 2 - Pig in the City something that is possible?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 pm 
Impressive boner

Oh Ferd! I hope he feels much better very soon, poor boy.

The frigging guinea pigs are conspiring against me. Just after Spike's eye has healed Peanut goes and gets a piece of hay lodged between her eye and eyelid. I was trying to remove it as slowly and gently as possible when she jumped and it came out suddenly and she squealed. I've cleaned around the area with boiled water and will keep checking to make sure she's ok. The eye is more open than it was but she's pretty squinty. I'm glad I kept a chunk of money in my savings account just in case something like this happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:47 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I think the wake up committee has arrived.

I slept upstairs last night. My mom opened the door and let them in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:14 pm 

Poor Ferdinand. Big ear rubs to him x

Lexi gave me the fright of my life today. Up in the woods she went off the track but was walking parallel to me through all the trees. When she was trying to get back she couldn't find a way through but there was a little gap just a bit ahead that she usually comes back through so I wasn't too worried. Out of nowhere she took off into the trees a bit further, let out a huge squeal like she got injured and then ran away like the wind. I called out for her but she kept running away and then I heard nothing, like she was gone out of earshot. I spent ages calling after her. I couldn't follow her into the trees because it is impassable for humans. I could only get a few feet in. I was there for like 15mins calling for her. Even a stranger whistled for me and got her dog to make a bit of noise but it didn't attract her. A few minutes after the woman went she came running through the trees and bounded up to me as if she had the best time ever.

Not impressed with her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It's so scary when you think you've lost your dog. I'm glad she finally came back to you!

It must be naughty dog day today. Tegan nearly killed me on our walk. I had dropped something and went to pick it up, and apparently Tegan thought that me bending down was an invitation to play. She leapt at me, all 60 pounds of her, and thrashed her arms at my face. Then she raced around me in a circle. I was holding the leash, so I had to spin around as fast as possible to keep from getting knocked down. My head whipped around so quickly that my neck is still sore. Tegan continued to leap up at my head for another 30 seconds until I could get her under control. Of course, when I turned around, there was someone on the path behind us who had witnessed the whole thing. They probably think I have a horrible dog that I can't keep under control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35  Next