| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:00 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

vijita wrote:
My husband tells me all I talk about in my sleep is Puddy.

Two nights ago Mr Moon was talking endlessly about Mona, the greyhound. You are not alone.

So, sometimes I read the relationship thread and people are gushing over their guys/gals/crushes/spouses, and that's awesome. But I think I need to gush about Tungsten a bit.

Wow, what a great dog. He's not perfect, don't get me wrong. He is reactive and can be aggressive with other dogs (he's extremely selective and gets defensive when he feels threatened). He's a runner and can't be off leash except in very certain situations.

But that kind of raw spot on his tummy he is licking at? He will lay down, roll over for me, and let me inspect it with almost no fuss. I want a cuddle? He will sit between my legs and lay down on command on my stomach and let me snuggle and squish and rub his ears as long as I want. When he has access to his crate he will put himself to bed when he gets tired. He gets so excited to see extended family and loves his grandparents and great grandparents and "aunts" and "uncles". He knows he has to be gentle with Oma and that uncle Zack always picks him up.

He sings to the opening of The Simpsons.

I dunno guys, I just really love my dogs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:03 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

That's so sweet, Moon.

I get like that about my two, my colleagues are bored of hearing about how much I miss my dogs during the day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Moon wrote:
vijita wrote:
My husband tells me all I talk about in my sleep is Puddy.

So, sometimes I read the relationship thread and people are gushing over their guys/gals/crushes/spouses, and that's awesome. But I think I need to gush about Tungsten a bit.

I dunno guys, I just really love my dogs.

Aww, all of that is so sweet! PLEASE take a video of him singing to the Simpsons!

And to address your first point, OMG YES. Jay and I sometimes joke about how I love Puddy more than him, but I think there is some truth to it (GAH!) not that I actually love her more, but I love her the way a mother loves her baby which I assuming is a different love than spousal relationships, right? He asked me who I would save in a fire; Lenny, Puddy, or him, and I said him of course but I kind of wanted to burst into tears thinking about leaving Puddy. Sorry, Lenny...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:51 am 

Our cat Phantom passed away a couple of years ago, but I had him way before I met my husband and in a fire I honestly don't know who I would have saved. Well, actually I do, probably Phantom, but that makes me sound like an awful person. He was my baby and when I would think about how much I loved him it would make me cry with happiness.

Of course I love my two cats that I have now, but the bond I had with Phantom was special.

And I second the request for Moon to record Tungsten singing to the Simpsons!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I need to get up, but my cat is on my lap. He's normally a terrible lap-sitter. He dances around, claws me, sheds poofs of hair into my drink, and is just generally a pain. But he is sitting SO nicely right now! So I'm going to keep sitting here and enjoying it while it lasts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:33 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I rented a car this weekend and I'm taking the weenie girls to the big giant dog park on the bay! It's going to be Biscuit's first time at this gigantic dog park, I'm excited to see how she likes it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:36 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Moon wrote:

He sings to the opening of The Simpsons.

There is so much awesome in that single sentence.

Today is Maddy's 12th birthday! We have an awesome day of walking, eating, and taking naps all planned out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly isn't eating much. She seems normal, but with birds, that doesn't mean much. I'm kind of worried. Her poop seems ok though, so she must be eating something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:38 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I rented a car this weekend and I'm taking the weenie girls to the big giant dog park on the bay! It's going to be Biscuit's first time at this gigantic dog park, I'm excited to see how she likes it.

Meh. They were both distinctly underwhelmed. I think they were both a little nervous around so many big dogs, but all the dogs were well behaved and they didn't have any bad experiences. It was cold and overcast, and because of the drought and the season everything is yellow and crackly, so it wasn't a pleasant experience overall.

But on the bright side Biscuit met my parents for the first time today! They absolutely loved her, and she got along great with their gigantic, 85 lb. lab/pit mix- in that they pretty much ignored each other and that was a-ok with both of them!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh yeah, dudes, I've never loved any human more than I love Ginny. Or even equal. Sorry, future potential lovers, but that is just not happening.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Humans suck compared to my darling Lexi. Words can't describe how much she means to me even if she insists on having a bark fest every time I take out the lawnmower.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:26 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I like to say that there is a reason I have my dogs tattooed on me and not my dudes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:09 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh now that is an idea!

Sometimes I cry because I know I won't get to spend the rest of my life with her. But at least she will spend the rest of her life with me. I know she is only just under 3years old but man, to think that one day such a perfect pooch will die, man, breaks my heart every time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:12 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yet another reason parrots are awesome: you are stuck with them for a long time, God willing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:56 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

You guys are making me want a dog so, so bad. I love my cats to pieces, but they are not cuddlers, and they don't look at me with the same love I've felt from dogs in the past. My number one motivation for buying a house right now is so that I can have a dog. I still miss Rowdy every single day, and I want to have that relationship with another pooch some day.

Now I feel like a jerk for not being 100% satisfied with my kitties. They're being really cute and sleepy right now. (I will be cursing them when they're running laps around the apartment at 3am.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:53 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Ichabod is going in for her final puppy shots today. I can't believe she's four months.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I finally convinced my (allergic to cats) partner to let me cuddle Puddy in bed. I feel bad, but it's awesome, and he's adapting to her, so finally I can sleep in bed and not on the couch like a normal married couple and not a crazy cat lady in her robe sleeping on a bed of potato chip crumbs so she can be closer to her cats.

In other news, I think Lenny might be losing her mind. What do you do then? She runs around and smashes herself into walls and does a million and one other weird things. She also sleeps in the stupidest most ridiculous places (like, the freezing cold basement or the bookcase on stabby books). I guess she's not the first weird cat, but sometimes we get a bit worried when we wake up at 4am to her running at top speed all over the house crashing into things and wailing (she's an old cat, and this is obviously the only home with stairs she's ever lived in, and I worry about her hurting herself!). She does have her semi-sweet moments--when we are watching TV she plomps her butt on either mine or my partner's shoulder and starts up her very shaky motor (she has a distinct purr). I just hope she's okay because I've been ripped off by vets before being too obsessive a cat mum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:26 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

vijita, is this behavior new or really strange for lenny? has she seen a vet recently? when older cats suddenly start acting hyper or sleeping in unusual places, it can be worth a trip to the vet for a once-over and some bloodwork, even if it makes you feel overprotective or whatever. late-night hyperactivity, lots of vocalizing, and disorientation can be signs of hyperthyroidism, which is very common in older kitties, and sleeping in new/weird places can be a sign of distress (although basements and bookshelves aren't especially weird picks for cats in general :)). my cat had some health troubles recently (she's still being treated), and one of the first signs that something was way off was her sudden, urgent desire to sleep/hang out in the bathtub. and some animals do develop a sort of dementia in their old age, absent any endocrinological cause. i know you just went through a really big move, and it's possible that she's still adjusting to the stress and the new surroundings, and you could try to give her more time and see whether she settles in. i am also an obsessive cat mum (obviously), and i would go for the check-up if i had the option, but, you know, obsessive cat mum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:31 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I just got chewed out by the cockatiel. Molly demands repeated good nights. She gets really shrill and bangs stuff if ignored, so I'm used to that and sometimes forget when I go in to bed. The cockatiel values efficiency and gives me one chirp when I come in. I kept talking to her and she gave me one more grudging chirp, then silence, then when I said "see you in the morning" she gave me a long garbled scolding, fluffed her feathers loudly and banged something.

You sue can't accuse birds of being boring.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly is systematically picking all the carrots out of my tofu scramble but won't eat them if I put carrots in her dish.

I just spent $40 on misc junk for the birds to destroy and had to beg them to try to only include blue items for the macaw because that's all he will play with lately. They are going to think I'm nuts. I already had to ask for no undyed things last time because he won't play with them.

At least Molly is easier, but she has been on a rampage of destruction with her toys lately. Suddenly this week, toys she has had for a while were completely demolished. She has a waffle ball that we stuff with crinkle paper strips. She loves that one, but my mom doesn't because it gets on the floor and drives her nuts. I just ordered two refill bags, heh. She told me not to, but I don't think she was serious. As much as she complains about the crinkle paper, she refills the ball more than I do.

The cockatiel doesn't need toys because she makes her own. This is not a good thing. She loves books.
I guess we get off cheap since the macaw likes rope and things and not much the expensive wood chew toys that most macaws love. How much do people spend on dog/cat toys?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:49 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Today a little boy (young, like 3 years old) came in to the office and while he was very shy he was very interested in Biscuit! She was the absolute best. She slowly came up to him, sat quietly, and let him pet her while she looked up at him with her big happy eyes. It was really sweet! He loved her and commented on how soft she was.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's really sweet. Biscuit sounds like the best dog.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:19 am 

I love how sneaky and clever Phoebe is. Pedro was eating his dinner and she wanted some, so she created a distraction by barking at the door as if to suggest someone was there, then when Pedro went out to see what it was she stole his dinner. Such a cheeky monkey.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 am 

^ ha! Dogs are alarmingly good at being deceptive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:07 pm 

I noticed this afternoon that the house was completely silent. This usually means that one of the dogs is getting in to mischief somewhere. I went in to the back garden to find a greedy little Pug eating all the blackberries right off the bush! I should have told him off but it was just incredibly cute seeing this little monster all happy and full of blackberries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next