| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:14 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

holy crepe, the idea of a wee pug snuffling through a blackberry bush is killing me. Please tell me he's got berry stains all over his face.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 pm 
Nailed to the V

Mars wrote:
holy crepe, the idea of a wee pug snuffling through a blackberry bush is killing me. Please tell me he's got berry stains all over his face.

Yes! It's so ridiculously cute and he seemed so proud to find hidden treats in the garden :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly is masturbating.

I guess this explains why she has been a vicious little thing all week. Birdie hormones. She drew blood 4 times this week. Once she lunged at my ear for no reason and she also lunged at my face and bit me below my lip so hard it was bleeding inside my mouth.

Hormonal parrots are the worst.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:15 pm 

So, I've fallen in love with a neighborhood and/or stray cat recently.

He's got this really big lion-esque chin that I think is so cute. Plus... he is so forking affectionate. He lets me kiss him right on the mouth, and nuzzle my nose into his cheek. And he's a talker. He's not once shown anything but pure affection to me, even if I'm vigorously petting/tickling him more like one would with a dog. He hangs out in our backyard a lot, no collar. He has fleas. His coat looks healthy enough, and his weight is plenty good, so I can't really convince myself he's a stray. But... I don't know. Maybe? The thing is, even if he is a stray, I couldn't claim him... my housemates who own the place have expressed great dislike in him, they have seen him bully their cats apparently, and he apparently drew blood once with one of ours. I can't help though daydreaming about finding a new place just for Ginny and I, and taking this guy with. (I can't afford moving)

Moral of this story is... I want to name him. Initially I thought he looks like an F name, like Frankie or Fernando. But then I got it in my head that he was one of the Jets in West Side Story... I don't like the name Riff for him, but what about Action? That'd be cute right? Baby John seems like a great cat name, but he just so does not act like a Baby John. He's pretty bold. Any names come to mind for y'all?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

how about furnando? (or furdinand)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Today is Pepper's day at the office (I bring each dog in on alternating days), and just like her sister, she loves beggin' at lunchtime. One of my coworkers told me she was sitting at her desk when Pepper came trotting in, and my coworker said "Pepper, I don't think you'll like this, it's beets." And according to her, Pepper turned and walked right out again! Ha!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oooooh! Blackberries! Lexi hasn't gotten brave enough to pick her own. But she is clever enough to run to the bushes with the ripe ones on her walk and refuse to move until I've picked a few for her. She has me well trained.

She just fell asleep with her back paws still on the ground. She won't get fully up on my bed until I give her the go ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Disclaimer: we don't actually feed our cats people food except for maybe the tiniest little piece of something, and rarely.

Isn't it cute how house cats mimic each other? The only people food Lenny liked before she moved in with Puddy was tiny corners of salty barbecue (only that flavour) potato chips and licking earth balance off toast and plates (gross, I know). Puddy only liked tiny pieces of (dairy, my husband is vegetarian) aged cheddar. Now after watching each other for about 9 months; they both can't get enough of those snacks, and they've both decided that cornhusks are fun to fling around. Puddy introduced Lenny to boxes and catnip, and Lenny taught Puddy exactly how to effectively wake us up starting with the first of about 7 tactics.
Spoiler: show
1: Stealthily jump on a pillow and start purring quietly to a ridiculous volume (this is the nice tactic)
2. They are stirring. Jump on chest or pair, begin kneading.
3. Eat hair, lick face.
4. This is where they shoe you off. Two can play at this game. Find the noisiest items in the room--know keys off nightland, knock over water glass, toss nerd game figurings off the table.
5. Start crying. Chase one another across the bedroom as loudly as possible, occasionally hurdling your self off stomachs or faces on the bed and then meowing painfully when you fake smashing into the walls.
6. Regroup for one more loud meowing/kneading session the faces.
7. Pull out the big guns. Go underneath the about where their heads would be starting scratching the crepe out of their brand new bed.

Success! They are up, the bowl will be full soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 pm 
WRETCHED

So my cat (the one that is a wannabe outdoor cat) was waiting outside our front door when my husband opened the door to go to work. She must've escaped off the deck and my husband thought I brought her in while I thought he was watching her. Anyway, she has never been to the front door before except for us carrying her in her crate. So somehow she left the back deck, walked around our neighboors townhome and ended up on our porch. She is pretty smart, I didn't think she'd be able to figure out that the door was our door.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Every time I talk to any of the medical professionals Agnes sees they are always bewildered that she is 1) alive at all and 2) doing super well and acting like a normal cat. It both makes me happy (miracle kitty!) and freaked out (could die any day). Ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 pm 
Chip Strong

Go Agnes!

And you cat is very smart linanil, I'd also assume she would not be able to figure out which door is home.

Our kitties are currently crazy about 'birdless bird' . The feather part of Da Bird has come off the string, I've tied it back on several time, but I'm not a very good knot maker. They seem to love just the metal rod and black string - it's been a gas.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

vijita, i love how much autocorrecting is in your list. makes it hilarious and partially incomprehensible. <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I took Lexi to a fundraiser for an animal rescue today. While I was getting a slice of cake for my lunch she was behind my back and chowing in to the dog bakery stall. Oops. Between the ones she had earlier in the day, the ones she robbed from other dogs and from her feast at the stall she now has runny stools.

Silly brat.

And then when we got home she robbed the bag of treats that were hidden in my handbag for her for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Since school started back this week, I haven't had a lot of time for Molly so she has been lonely (she still has my mom and the other two birds all day. My mom interacts with her quite a bit, just not in the same ways I do). Over the summer, she spent as much time as she wanted on my shoulder or nearby.

Tonight when I got home from GED, she immediately jumped off her cage roof and started pacing at the end of the table (that's her big signal that she wants to be picked up). I was talking to mom so didn't go get her quick enough. When I got close enough, instead of waiting for me to pick her up, she did a big jump onto my shirt. She is now burrowed into my neck making little happy sounds.

This melts my heart and makes me feel guilty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 am 

<3<3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:28 am 

I have a sweet thing too, though I'm not sure what's spurring it. For the past, about two weeks... Every night between about 5 or 7 am, I'll rouse a little bit to find Ginny moving from her normal spot at the foot of the bed, to a close and cuddly spot by my head/chest! She's not really a cuddler, she's always preferred the foot of the bed, so this makes me really happy. Only change is that I've changed my life around a bit so that we actually have a lot more time together, I'm away from her far less. So, kinda the opposite of what would make most sense, but oh well! Maybe she's just really happy? Yeah, that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 am 
Chip Strong

Molly doesn't appear to want to eat this morning, and I noticed a lot of bile stains in the spare bedroom. She isn't hiding or doing any of the other things she does when she doesn't feel well, but it's freaking me out. I tried locking her in the bathroom to get her to eat, and I don't think she even ate one bite. Normally she is the one screaming for meal times. Time for (another, boo) trip to the vet :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I live in a fourth floor apartment. Two squirrels are building a nest in a tree right outside of our window and the cats are REALLY into it. I imagine they feel the way I do when binge-watching a series and I can't stop watching.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My cat is sooo afraid of my small printer. If I try to caress her while it is working, she jumps a mile - I didn't even know she could jump vertically on all fours like that. It's been silent for a few minutes and she is still traumatized and all twitchy. I didn't have any ink cartridge for a few weeks and it's like she's forgotten she's ever heard a printer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So, when I came home today, Molly played aloof and wanted nothing to do with me, yet when I left again an hour later to go to GED, she howled the house down in frantic distress.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

lavawitch wrote:
So, when I came home today, Molly played aloof and wanted nothing to do with me, yet when I left again an hour later to go to GED, she howled the house down in frantic distress.

That's cute. I wonder whether pets are systematically cute when they're annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Well she is pretty cute no matter what usually, but guilt trips aren't cute!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

lavawitch wrote:
Well she is pretty cute no matter what usually, but guilt trips aren't cute!

I think it's cute that she loves you and tries to pretend she doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Birds are real big on retribution. I needed punished for going back to work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:04 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Do all cats snore? AND is it usual for them to be able to purr at the same time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 41  Next