| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Help! My cat is suddenly afraid of everything.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the info! I'm going to go look for Rescue Remedy today. I've never given my cats cat-grass, do you think it'll help? I'm pretty sure my pet store downtown has it...will also check. Both my cats are 100% indoors only.

That's scary about the heart-thing...have you ever heard of cats with heart murmurs that get paralyzed because of clots in their legs? I know someone that happened to - she came home and found her cat couldn't move his back legs, and he was meowing and in so much distress. It was because of a clot in the legs. So I'm constantly terrified of coming home and finding him in a terrible state. Of course lots of heart murmur cats live just fine, but it's hard not to think about.

Magpie-Grin, I wish we had London Drugs here in Ontario, but we don't - argh! Drives me nuts! Actually, I grew up on Vancouver Island (Mill Bay BC, went to high school in Duncan) and then went to uni in Victoria...but came out to Ontario in 2003. I really miss London Drugs and also Thrifty Foods and Fairway Market...plus all those Asians (I'm Asian). Anyway...where abouts on the island are you?

Post subject: Re: Help! My cat is suddenly afraid of everything.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I don't know anything about cats with heart murmurs. It sounds like a scary thing to deal with.

Loki has been an indoor kitty since about 2006, but as skiddish as he is really likes a calm outside spot. He loves to climb trees, and to explore rooftops, and such. Most of his medical stuff has happened since he became an indoor kitty, but he is also about 11 years old (from the SPCA, so only have a rough idea of his age).

Loki really likes to have kitty grass. I think it is good for their digestion. He seems to be most interested in it when he is off. I suggest getting some for your furry friends to see if they like it. You can buy seeds to plant, which ends up being less money than buying the stuff already planted. You could also try getting a thing of wheat grass from the grocery store.

London Drugs is sweet and evil, all in the same breath. I tend to spend too much money there buying things I don't need. I have to watch myself.