| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to get out cat urine (floor/baseboard)?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:08 pm 
Saggy Butt

Our cat developed a UTI from her steroids and peed on the floor in the corner of our office. It went on the laminate floor and under the baseboard in a small spot. It has been two days and I can't get rid of the smell!

I've been soaking the area in cat-specific Nature's Miracle, and trying to get it to soak into the cracks in the laminate and baseboard, but I'm really worried we are going to have to tear out some baseboard and floor and seal the slab or something. Not much urine got to the baseboards so I really hope the drywall is ok. We are hemorrhaging money right now so I really hope to fix this without having to replace anything.

Please help! I need the collective wisdom of PPK cat owners. What cleaner works for you? Have you ever gotten the smell out of your floor/wall?

Post subject: Re: How to get out cat urine (floor/baseboard)?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There were two brothers who controlled Nature's Miracle. They went their separate ways a few years ago now. One took the name and one took the formula. I would try the brother's product who took the formula, which is now called Petastic. Corroboration is here. Good luck and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Jackson Galaxy recommends Fizzion which isn't specific for cats but we had good luck with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Hmm, now they are selling Fizzion as pet specific. This is thread reminded me to order some and I saw it has a different label now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:12 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

try hydrogen peroxide - soak it and air dry. may take more than one application, but it is pretty cheap.

my kitty is very old and sometimes pees in some inconvenient places - the HP has prevented repeats in the same spots so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Lay paper towels down over the stained area. Spray the paper towels with enough hydrogen peroxide (just the 3% kind from the drugstore) to make them stick, but you don't have to saturate them. Let them dry. As the towels dry, they will pull the cat urine and the smell out of the baseboards. I did this recently with a hardwood floor. It took five or six applications of paper towels and peroxide, but that area no longer stinks.