| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Bigby!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 am 
Saggy Butt

We used coconut oil on Vulpe too when she was healing from her Mystery Nose Ailment (because it didn't matter if she licked it). We also picked up some oil to put in her food that was for helping itchy/sore skin. It had flax and some other kind of oil in and a vet nurse on my MA programme recommended it. Get well soon Bigby!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:44 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I've been trying so hard to figure out a way to have someone pet sit for Bigby. We got a good recommendation from our trainer, but this pet sitter has called me once when i wasn't available and then hasn't replied to any of my other calls or emails. Then I found this amazing sounding pet sitter who boards dogs in her home, just one dog at a time and she specializes in reactive dogs. She's super nice, but not available at the times we want to go away. Then we tried having one of the vet techs that Bigby likes at the vet clinic come over and Bigby was NOT happy with him. He's gotten to the point where he can chill out with people in the house in about 10 minutes after meeting them outside for treats (which is HUGE), but I think the negative associations with the vet clinic were just too much. He barked at the tech the entire time. So, we're still working on it. We just have 2 vacations we want to go on and we haven't been anywhere in a year, but I totally get that it may not be possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:16 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Aww, poor Bigby!

Can you try to take some trips that would involve dog-friendly hotels so he could come along?

Do you have any friends who would be willing to dog-sit either at your place or bringing Bigby to theirs? Then they could come and stay for a night or something when you AREN'T away, and that might help him get more accustomed?

My bff just signed up with a service called rover.com to be a pet-sitter. Her experience/training is having grown up with dogs, always had dogs, etc, is currently not having a dog until she's a little more financially stable, but will happily care for people's dogs. She is currently pet sitting for a family with two dogs and has been sending me adorable Snapchats of her and the dogs. So, I'm sure not EVERYONE on there is as great as she is, and it's hard to know if someone is great or not, but maybe worth looking at?

I hope you and Bigby can figure something out!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm 

we want to go on a cruise that my sister already bought us tickets for so that one we definitely can't take him on and the other is a board game convention. we don't really have any close friends here who could pet sit unfortunately, so it's kind of a bummer. We only really know my husband's coworkers and a few other people with families or pets of their own. Due to B's reactivity we need someone somewhat experienced with that because he's a lot better, but not perfect and if someone isn't experienced with working with reactive pups, it could end badly.

The cruise isn't until march though, so hopefully we'll be able to find someone for that trip.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 am 

News!
1. We found someone to watch Bigby for our cruise in March!

2. Bigby made a dog friend!!! The one dog that for someone reason he doesn't bark at in our complex. My husband had donut and her family over while I'm out of town. https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHjjLajh1N/

I am dying!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay Bigby! They are so cute running around together!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8