| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:56 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I am so pissed off by my cat. My crime? Answering the door with her in my arms. My punishment, One deep scratch to the palm of my hand, and another one to the wrist. It's not like she didn't know who the person was! It was my best friend. My cat sees her all the freaking time!

I forking have a knitting project to finish, and my left hand, the one with the deep palm scratch is killing me. Today was her first birthday too! I came home with treats and toys for that little shiitake.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

One of my cats started waking me up at 4 am this morning by pulling my hair. I'm guessing he wanted some kibble. I finally crawled out of bed and fed him and he promptly ate it all and then threw it up on the carpet from eating too fast. I feel sort of bad that he was so hungry and ate so fast he made himself regurgitate it up, but seriously I'm exhausted now. He's really going to be hungry when I get home from work now (he won't eat for a couple of hours after he does that and I had to get to work and I can't leave food out or my other cat will just eat it anyway).

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:14 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

One of mine woke me up in the middle of the night too. I'm sorry kitty, but I don't know what you're trying to say when you put your paw on my face and lick my elbow!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:28 pm 
Naked Under Apron

My cat has developed the habit of biting my ankles and toes. I think she thinks it funny.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My cat (the small, weird, black one) stays up all night and usually wants me to get up too. She scratches on the walls and scratches (vigorously) on the door if I close the door. It is like nails on a chalkboard. I got an auto feeder and it has helped a lot, but she still does it sometimes. The spray, water, and ignoring her don't help. She's a B.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Try a fan blowing in front of your door. It does the shooing away work so you don't engage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:46 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

bathsheba wrote:
My cat (the small, weird, black one) stays up all night and usually wants me to get up too. She scratches on the walls and scratches (vigorously) on the door if I close the door. It is like nails on a chalkboard. I got an auto feeder and it has helped a lot, but she still does it sometimes. The spray, water, and ignoring her don't help. She's a B.

marla does this, too. she wreaked havoc all night and kept me and the boyfriend up, then decided to curl up and take a nap on my feet the moment i decided to get up and make breakfast. cats, amirite?

(formerly known as wintermitts)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:27 pm 
Semen Strong

Carlito broke a tile on the kitchen floor by knocking our papertowel holder off the shelf. We just retiled the kitchen floor a year ago and it was expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:53 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my cat thinks she's so nimble now that her arthritis meds have kicked in, but her balance is poor because of her stroke, so she can't do half the things she thinks she can do, and i have to watch her all the time. it's like having a baby again after nineteen years of not needing to worry about anything at all. don't jump off that desk! don't climb that shelf! stay away from that windowsill! oh, kitten. *headshake* she's not being bad, exactly, and i'm glad she feels well enough to want to get into trouble, but still . . .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm 
ugh

Beebee keeps splashing nearly all the water out of the water dish. We found a bowl that she can't knock over but she still manages to get water EVERYWHERE. It is easy enough to clean up but I'm worried that our 3 cats aren't getting enough to drink because of it.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

b.vicious wrote:
Beebee keeps splashing nearly all the water out of the water dish. We found a bowl that she can't knock over but she still manages to get water EVERYWHERE. It is easy enough to clean up but I'm worried that our 3 cats aren't getting enough to drink because of it.

I woke up yesterday morning to the water bowls being knocked over and water was everywhere! And then I walked into the living room where I was greeted with a hair ball, vomit, and two more piles of hacked up cat mucus.

They either had a wild party while we were sleeping or we did something to peas them off!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm 
Naked Under Apron

My cat has nibbled her way through my 20 year old comic book collection. I guess it's not a big deal since I wasn't planning on selling them, and the damage is not horrible (bite marks on the corner of almost every book) but I'm a bit perturbed.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

There is no greater motivator to trim kitty claws than a bloody ear.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:49 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

fatcat wrote:
There is no greater motivator to trim kitty claws than a bloody ear.

except waking up with a cat claw embedded in your inner nostril or hooked around your lower eyelid. believe me, as soon as you've flushed enough blood out of your eye to see that it wasn't coming from the eyeball itself, you are heading straight for the clippers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

The kitties keep clawing my new couch. So pissed and don't know how to stop them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:33 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Zelda broke down one of the barricades to the attic, then promptly introduced Rylie and Newt to Attic Fun TIMES! It wouldn't be a huge issue if family heirlooms and ephemera weren't stored up there and Newt didn't think peeing in inappropriate places was the most fun a cat could EVER have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ARGH. both kitties are heading for a punt out the front door if they don't smarten up.

laura had a bladder infection this summer that was eventually cleared up with multiple rounds of antibiotics and very expensive prescription food. poor kitty, i felt so bad. i do not feel bad any longer, since she is continuing to pee on my very expensive and sentimentally valued living room rug which my parents gave me. so far we've had some success with the litterbox on the pee spot trick, but it seems i'm destined to have a forking litter box in the middle of my rug for the rest of my life. i'm not even sure if she's permanently damaged the rug... i've cleaned it as best i can, but i have to take it in for professional cleaning at some point. this is on top of her peeing on any other soft thing that gets left on the ground. and you know what? i don't care about that. pee all over every towel and pile of laundry and bathroom mat you can find! just stay the fork off my rug!!

secondly, thomas is a piggie. we have been trying to get him to lose weight for a year now. he insists on eating laura's prescription food (i.e won't touch any of his other food, and goes to incredible lengths to steal it) and since the vet said it would be fine for him, we've just been letting him have it. except it appears to either not agree with him, or he's SO STARVING that he wolfs his portion down in 10 seconds, and then pukes it all back up, basically untouched. no matter how little i give him at a time, there's generally a pile of food somewhere in the house a little while later. so now i am cleaning up piles of puke or pee at least twice a day now.

SO UNIMPRESSED.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

and yeah, we've been back to the vet for both cats' issues. the vet thinks it's psychological on laura's part... and suggested trying new litters, and the litter on the carpet thing, and we've tried both with no real success so far. thomas just is weird and she can't find a reason for him puking up all his food... he's always been prone to puking though, since he was a kitten. he was fine with the other food, though. so i don't know why he won't just freaking eat it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I hate to say this, but the only thing that cured Desmond of peeing on my "feather" bed was throwing it out. After that, he reluctantly returned to the litter box.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 am 
Bathes in Braggs

*sigh* We're getting so frustrated with our older cat, Bilbo. At least once a day for the past two months, he's been peeing RIGHT outside of the litter box... and then somewhere else that makes our day turn into a magical peas scavenger hunt (usually in the front door hallway... and usually on my husband's shoes.) We've taken him to the vet twice, had numerous tests done (UTI was all of our first guesses, but the results came back negative). The only thing that came back from the tests was that his white blood cells were pretty high, which made our vet think that his body was trying to fight off something. So he went on antibiotics, which made the peeing stop for a little while... but now it's started back up again. At this point, our vet thinks it's just a behavioral issue, which confuses us even more. We change the litter boxes three times a day now, no change in litter or food. We have a toddler, but he stays clear of the cats. Our house is pretty stress-free.

We're just getting so tired of cleaning up cat pee. My husband is getting to the point that he wants to rehome our cats (we have one other cat in the house), and I can totally understand where he's coming from. But I feel absolutely miserable that we could potentially be "those" people who get rid of animals the moment things get bad. Bilbo is our older cat, but he's only 11, so I really don't feel like it's his "time" yet. He's been through so much (he had diabetes last year, but it went into remission with a change in diet.) We love our cats, and don't want this to be the reason why we have to say goodbye to them. If anyone has any other ideas on how to help us with this situation, I would be so thankful (as would my husband, who doesn't have many shoes left!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:35 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Cats having unexplained painful peeing is pretty common, unfortunately. What worked for my cat was a steroid shot, though we have no idea why. Can you keep the cat locked in a small room with his litter box, food, and water? In a small space, he's more likely to pee in the proper spot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:02 am 
WRETCHED

have you tried actually changing the litter? One of our cats was peeing right outside the litterbox after years of using the same litter. We changed the litter and it stopped. We are using the world's best cat litter now. The vet said sometimes litter can bother the paws of cats and we were surprised it worked but it did.

If there is a specific place the cat is going, you can try blocking access or even putting down some aluminum foil in the spot or in the path.

Locking up the cat during the evening might work well too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Semen Strong

Flava, I feel you! We had something similar and switched to Cat Attract litter. No more accidents. FIN.

We even found an outlet that sells it at the same price as regular, so score.

bg: One of the cats had been peeing outside the box so much and it sucked bc we had a NB, and limited patience for surprise pee. So we took them to the vet, did the full work-up and were told that they were both healthy and there was no medical reason for peeing and then we used this and it fixed everything. We were using World's Best before, so not crepe catlitter and scooping daily, but this stuff is magic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Ooh! That Cat Attract looks good! I'm going to get some of that and see if that helps.
We're going on vacation for a week, and the cats will be at the boarders. I think that'll give us all some good, quality time apart - they'll have some relaxing time away from the humans, and we'll appreciate them a lot more when we get back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 am 
WRETCHED

Last night I had a bed fight with my cat. My cat likes to sleep in between my legs which usually means me sleeping on my stomach. I like sleeping on my stomach but last night I wanted to sleep on my side. Cat pawed my leg (her way of saying 'you need to change positions'). I shooed cat away. We went on for about 5 minutes with her pawing me and me shooing her away. Then I gave up and rolled over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next