| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My cat wraps himself around the top of my head every night and purrs so loud I can't fall asleep. He also digs his claws into my head every so often and drools on my hair.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Awww, he loves you! You don't need sleep!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

lobsteriffic wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Any suggestions for awesome interactive toys?

Da Bird!! One of my cats doesn't really like to play and she LOVES this toy! She knows where I keep it and if she hears me going to get it out of the closet she starts freaking out with happiness.

http://www.amazon.com/GoCat-Apart-Feather-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000F9JJJE

Yes! If one of my cats, Charlotte, even sees me going into my office in the evening, she thinks I'm going to get it and comes running in. If I reach up near the shelf where I keep it, she starts making this "Da Bird" meow, specific to this toy, and turning around in circles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ok I need to order one of those. I can't find it in town and Amazon stopped shipping after people were getting fiberglass splinters (Ouch!!), so maybe I'll just get it from their website. The other toys I got him have been a success so far.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm 
A Bad Person

22-pound pet cat holds family hostage until police arrive: http://www.latimes.com/nation/shareitno ... 2156.story

The definition of bad kitty. The author gets it though.

Quote:
While the story has been zooming around the cat-loving Internet this week, there is a serious element to the story as well: Kids and pets often make fast friends, but the reality is that they don't always mix. And it's up to the supervising adults to make sure that no one gets hurt.

Emphasis mine. I sincerely hope the parents can somehow resolve this between the cat and the child, or the cat can find a more suitable home. I do find it hilarious that the parents holed themselves up in their bedroom and called 911 on their cat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:00 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

brian wrote:
22-pound pet cat holds family hostage until police arrive: http://www.latimes.com/nation/shareitno ... 2156.story

The definition of bad kitty. The author gets it though.

Quote:
While the story has been zooming around the cat-loving Internet this week, there is a serious element to the story as well: Kids and pets often make fast friends, but the reality is that they don't always mix. And it's up to the supervising adults to make sure that no one gets hurt.

Emphasis mine. I sincerely hope the parents can somehow resolve this between the cat and the child, or the cat can find a more suitable home. I do find it hilarious that the parents holed themselves up in their bedroom and called 911 on their cat.

you don't kick a cat to "punish" it. as far as i'm concerned, the cat was totally within his rights. those people probably shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I heard a repeated clanging sound from downstairs. I went down to investigate and found Didget got her head stuck in a cat food can I left in the sink to rinse. I got it off right away and she was fine. I didn't know a cat's head could fit in one of those cans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been trying to toilet train my cats for the last... 6 weeks, maybe? If I only had Lucas, we'd be on stage 3 already, instead of still on stage 1. He does just fine with it. But Desi is having nothing to do with this. Since the weather has been nice, I let him out for a little while each day (in the enclosed backyard), and he's taken to using the bathroom out there. A couple nights ago (midnight-ish), he kept meowing to go outside to use the bathroom, but I wouldn't let him since it was dark and there was a clean litter pan on the toilet.

Did he use the litter pan? Oh, no. He chose that moment to let me know exactly what he thinks of this whole toilet training business and peed on the clean clothes in my laundry basket. I didn't realize he'd done it until I looked over and saw him burying the wet clothes under the dry ones. Oh my goodness, I was so infuriated! I don't know how long it's been since I was that mad.

I realize that since they can't talk, they have to communicate in their own ways. And as mad as I was about it, I guess the pissing on my clothes was an effective method. So fine, Desi wins. My dream of having toilet trained kitties and never scooping litter again will not be fulfilled. Back to the stupid litterbox. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:19 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I'm sorry for your frustration, zelavie. That said, I understand that trying to toilet train kitties is problematic for a bunch of reasons.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thanks for that link! It makes me feel a lot better about abandoning the toilet training. The boys have a nice new litter box and are happy as can be. Desi used it twice in the first half hour I had it set up, so it was 100% the right call.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was just about to post the same thing! Yeah, lots of folks aren't big on toilet training cats and it seems to make sense.

When my litter box was beside the toilet Kris scratched the heck out of our toilet seat as he's a bit of an excessive scratcher. I can't imagine how much worse it would be with him actually using the toilet, plus the scratchy seat isn't comfortable to sit on!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:06 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i spent a day and a half trying to find the phantom poo that i kept smelling when i walked through the kitchen to the bathroom (the litter box is in the bathroom, and sometimes ophelia drops a dangler on her way out). but i couldn't find it, and i couldn't find it, and finally i realized that one of the neighbor's cats had left an ENORMOUS poo in the herb box outside my kitchen window. by the time i found it it had been rained on twice and was melting all over the dirt like a supersoggy weetabix. awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:26 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

They keep drinking out the toilet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17