| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

That sounds like a case for Jackson Galaxy if I ever heard one. (But seriously, I hope you find some sort of solution, PPPP, that sounds miserable.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:15 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I second moon on the pharmaceuticals! I've known people who have tried them with their dogs to great success.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:48 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Hugs PPP!

I used to be on a cat help hotline and this is the we would send for aggression - a lot of it you probably already know but maybe there's something useful!

http://www.catbehaviorassociates.com/category/whats-bugging-kitty/cat-aggression-whats-bugging-kitty/

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Thanks for the commiseration, guys. The vet has proposed putting him on prozac before, but I'm so sad to do that, because I have firsthand experience with meds myself and I know it can take some trial and error to find one that doesn't make you feel like a zombie. And because he can't communicate with me, I'd be afraid of putting him on something that would make him feel dead inside and he can't tell me. Sigh.

And feliway is laughably impotent compared to his rage. We had 2 feliways going at once and it did nothing. NOTHING.

He is definitely a Jackson Galaxy case. It's like this Jekyll and Hyde thing - he's fine, and then he's VERY MUCH NOT, and then he's fine again but by that point we're all so upset with him and he's injured his brother so I can't stand to look at him let alone pet him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Ummm...you should apply.

For science.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:46 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

It's been hot here, so we've had a window-mounted air conditioner running the past couple of days. The AC unit only takes up half of the width of the open window, so D had cut a piece of pliable sheet metal to fit the space left. Last night, Peckinpaw managed the push the piece of metal out of the window, and he escaped! We tried to find him after realizing what had happened, but he's a black cat, and our neighborhood is not well it at night. He showed up at 6:00 am meowing to be let in for breakfast. BAD KITTY.

At least Lucy didn't escape again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My cat puked all over the book I'm studying. Luckily he doesn't puke very often, but when he does he really knows how to make it count.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:57 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The other night Olive was running around and knocking shiitake over and keeping me awake and I was SO TIRED so at 2 am I shut her out of my room and I shut another door so there were two doors and a short hallways separating us to mute her meows a little. I thought that maybe she would yowl for a while and then eventually give up or something.

At 4:15 am, after two hours and 15 minutes of her screaming her head off and body slamming the door, I let her back in.

I was kind of curious at what point she would give up but I couldn't really deal with finding out. I don't think I've gotten a good night's sleep since I got her two years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hester is an incredibly well-behaved cat generally. But she currently has this habit of clawing up the curtains. Which would be only a bit annoying, but I live in a rental and the curtains are part of the rental property. There are a bunch of tiny claw-holes in them now. What a ratbag!

As I was typing this, I realised I should probably just buy some curtains of my own, and put them up whilst I'm living here. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:59 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My poor Puddy and I used to have a snuggle session on the couch every morning before I got ready for work. Lenny, in her evil ways, picked up on that, and even though Lenny hates me she feigns love and is all over me at that time, and demands that territory from my sweet little kitty wanting love. Puddy was just bold and tried to make her way next to me, and Lenny swapped her in the face so hard she fell off the couch and went to sulk sadly in the corner. Lenny is so mean!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Today was fun (and expensive). First, Olive pulled down my kitchen curtains. Next, she knocked over a planter box of succulents into the kitchen sink, and it got all clogged with pebbles, and I had to call a plumber to take the pipe apart and get the rocks out. There were dishes in the sink that got all covered in potting soil, so I had to take them outside and hose them off to keep from clogging the drain again. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 pm 
Stepford Vegan

one of the ferals brought me a dead mouse yesterday. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My really vocal cat has awakened me daily starting around 4:30-5:00 am howling, scratching, and making loud noises for the past 12 years. Today I actually needed to get up at 5 am. Who was sleeping innocently on a pillow next to my alarm when I finally rolled out of bed at 6? Not interested in helping with the wake up effort at all. Grrrrr. It's like they know.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:52 am 

Boo just got on top of the door and nearly gave me a heart attack! I don't think she's a bad kitty per se, but it really made be worried. I mean, not so much that I didn't take pictures first.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:21 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That's Boo practicing her feats of strength (and agility) for Festivus. Well done Boo, carry on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 pm 

Paprikapapaya do you think Gershwin might have that skin rolling disease? You've probably ruled it out, but if not it seems to cause Jekyll and Hyde moments in cats.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

PPPP, your experience with meds coupled with your knowledge of Gershwin makes you uniquely able to assess whether or not meds are helping/hindering him. I think most conscientious pet parents can read their pets pretty well for this sort of thing.

IMO, a week or two of him feeling crummy and out of sorts with you watching closely is worth it if the flip side of that is that he loses a lot of what is harming him now. Being angry and unstable feeling all the time has got to be pretty shitty too, right? And if you think it's not doing anything good for him, then the worst thing that can happen is you take him off the meds after a few days and he goes back to his angsty self.

Just had to put that out there, sorry if I'm coming across pushy or too opinionated or whatever! Tell me to fork off if you want!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 pm 
Nailed to the V

I totally commiserate with everyone whose cat is not letting them sleep...mine was great for almost two years, sleeping through the night, every night, cuddled up against my chest...and then about 3 months ago she started waking up every single night several times, and refusing to stop making noise and knocking things over until I get up. It's not like she needs anything..her food and water are full, I play with her before bed in an attempt to tire her out...the door is open so she can just walk out...doesn't seem to matter.

About three weeks ago I got a puppy, hoping maybe company would help make her less bored during the day and sleepy during the night (okay fine, I also wanted a puppy) and now the two of THEM have meow-bark conversations at 5:30 in the morning. GAH!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

I totally commiserate with everyone whose cat is not letting them sleep...mine was great for almost two years, sleeping through the night, every night, cuddled up against my chest...and then about 3 months ago she started waking up every single night several times, and refusing to stop making noise and knocking things over until I get up. It's not like she needs anything..her food and water are full, I play with her before bed in an attempt to tire her out...the door is open so she can just walk out...doesn't seem to matter.

About three weeks ago I got a puppy, hoping maybe company would help make her less bored during the day and sleepy during the night (okay fine, I also wanted a puppy) and now the two of THEM have meow-bark conversations at 5:30 in the morning. GAH!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:16 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Emy is being such a crasshole. This whole week she has woken me up about 3 am, and today did it again. She then left for an hour, and around 4 when I had almost managed to fall asleep, she started banging her paw on everything again to wake me up. For a 10 lb cat she can make a fork ton of noise.

Now it's 6 and I am exhausted but I have to get ready for work.

Seriously cat. I love you to pieces but I need sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yesterday my boyfriend was cleaning the litter boxes and when he came back from the garbage with the box caught Peaches peeing where it should be. We have seven other boxes! And then Daisy started stalking him and attacking him. It's like she knew he was in trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:33 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

My cat, Toulouse farted (out loud) the other day then walked out of the room, leaving me with her farts. Thanks cat.

Then at night she proceeded to use my rib cage as a post to look out the window when I was trying to fall asleep. She lost interest pretty fast though, so I can't stay or get too mad at her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:
Carlito was neutered as an adult, so he still likes to grab our blankets and carefully make sweet love to it.

I've never ventured into this thread until just now, and this made me laugh because he totally does do this!! I was so shocked because Buddy has a teddy bear he does the same thing to, and I've NEVER seen a cat do that before. They were totally meant to be together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ndpittman wrote:
Boo just got on top of the door and nearly gave me a heart attack! I don't think she's a bad kitty per se, but it really made be worried. I mean, not so much that I didn't take pictures first.

Boo=Puddy, sorry.<3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:31 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Calcifer left one of his toys on the stairs and my dad tripped on it and pulled a muscle in his shoulder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next