| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:05 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

pickledtreats wrote:
I've caught Louie humping Milton with his lipstick out a couple of times now, which is likely the reason for the wrestling.

Best filter ever.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That's not a filter! Hahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ahahaha! Lipstick!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

Our cat beats on the window and the bedroom door for hours in the morning until one of us wakes up to feed her. She used to go to the window to go outside, but now that the snow is as tall as she is, she uses her window drum to alert us to everything: hunger, sadness, ambivalence...

AHHH... when will sleep return?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

We are catsitting S's parents' cat for a while and the cats are getting along pretty well. However, today we noticed that my cat now just reeks. It seems that he has been going into Jack's litter box and possibly eating shiitake. He also wants to just go in and hang out (it is one of the ones with a little lid/cover on it). Any thoughts on correcting this behavior? And should I try bathing him? He smells so bad...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

It could be that he's kinda stressed out by the extra animals. In my experience, a cat hanging out in a litter box is usually a stressed or sick cat. I don't know why, but the box can be like a safe space.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Calcifer the 10 week old kitten keeps winding up Maya the nearly 2 year old cat so she looks really stressed all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Bishop has started to mess with my light switches and door handles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Bishop again. He broke a bowl in his quest to get peanut butter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Luna and Dexter had a terrible fight in the basement yesterday. Serious cat screams and fur flying. We spent $90 on new Feliway diffusers today. (I had let them run out a few months ago. Never again.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My cat got shiitake stuck on her asparagus and tried to get it off by scooting her asparagus all over the bathroom and hallway and into the dining room. I almost barfed cleaning it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:35 pm 

My hand is all cut up because my cat decided this morning she wanted to attack it while I was petting her. When I tried to pull it away she just attacked me more, so I just left my hand where it was so she could gnaw on it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Any suggestions for awesome interactive toys? Frisbee is constantly getting into the shelves and knocking shiitake down. He has awesome perches in the windows, multiple cubbies to climb in, and I think we're going to build some sort of kitty city soon. He doesn't seem to love his toys as much anymore. In our old place we could wear him out with string toys getting him to leap into the air but here we have concrete floors and he doesn't like to jump like that anymore. He has little mice and balls galore but they get lost about ten minutes after we leave for work. I was looking at some of the peek-a-prize type toys or the tracks with a ball inside that they bat around. Anyone have stuff like that? Do cats really like them?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have one of the track with a ball in it things. One of my cats has never had any interest in it. The other is very sporadic. Sometimes he goes absolutely nuts over it, but then he'll ignore it for weeks. That's about all I've got. For my two, the best toys are each other.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 pm 

zelavie wrote:
For my two, the best toys are each other.

This is what I'm ultimately going for. I think he'd really like a friend and we travel a few times a year and I feel so bad leaving him. We used to have friends who would chill with him for a couple hours a day but I don't know if our friends who watch him now when we're gone would be as diligent and he's really social and active. I'm hoping when we get back from a trip back to my parents this spring we can really talk about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Catalina wrote:
zelavie wrote:
For my two, the best toys are each other.

This is what I'm ultimately going for. I think he'd really like a friend and we travel a few times a year and I feel so bad leaving him. We used to have friends who would chill with him for a couple hours a day but I don't know if our friends who watch him now when we're gone would be as diligent and he's really social and active. I'm hoping when we get back from a trip back to my parents this spring we can really talk about it.

When I got Desi (as a 2-year old from the shelter), I only planned to have the one cat. But it only took about a month to realize that he really needed/wanted a playmate. Conveniently, a friend of mine had a 6-week-old kitten who needed a home, so Lucas joined us shortly after that. They've been besties every since! Other than poop output, it's really not much more responsibility, and the boys are happier.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Leonard Cohen is being such a jerk these days (and not living up to her namesake!). I've actually had to sleep on a yoga mat in the hallway twice because the cats can't come in our bedroom (Jay's allergies), but they Lenny loses her shiitake all night long and eats and knocks over plants, knocks everything off the kitchen table/counters, meows and scratches, cries, runs back and forth like a maniac, attack poor Puddy who's just trying to sleep like the angel kitty she is, and won't even stop with the crying for Jay when I get up for her. She's also decided she hates me, probably because I say mean things about her on the internet, but I am not ashamed that I am playing favourites and Puddy>Lenny by far.

Really though, I need to get to the bottom why she is being so awful to me when I shower her with love. I miss little Lenny snuggles! I think she has decided that Jay is the strongest and the alpha and me and Puddy are just annoying siblings. Cats are mean!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am 

Catalina wrote:
Any suggestions for awesome interactive toys?

Da Bird!! One of my cats doesn't really like to play and she LOVES this toy! She knows where I keep it and if she hears me going to get it out of the closet she starts freaking out with happiness.

http://www.amazon.com/GoCat-Apart-Feather-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000F9JJJE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:54 pm 

lobsteriffic wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Any suggestions for awesome interactive toys?

Da Bird!! One of my cats doesn't really like to play and she LOVES this toy! She knows where I keep it and if she hears me going to get it out of the closet she starts freaking out with happiness.

http://www.amazon.com/GoCat-Apart-Feather-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000F9JJJE

That looks great. I ordered a bunch of toys the other day when I was home sick but I missed this one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 pm 

Today Frisbee broke one of Nick's beloved childhood objects. It was ceramic and shattered as soon as it hit the floor. I can't wait for the toys I ordered to get here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:27 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Could Leonard Cohen be crated at night? Perhaps with a throw over the crate.

Catalina, have you thought of bluetacking ornaments to the shelves?

I miss having bad kitties, but I think I love my sleep/soft furnishings too much to get another any time soon!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Lenny is now a perfect angel. She decided all is well and loves me! I think we were both PMSing or something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

She's reading the PPK & doesn't want crated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 pm 

fezza wrote:
Catalina, have you thought of bluetacking ornaments to the shelves?

What he knocked down was probably too big to tack down, but maybe I could do that with some smaller things. After yesterdays episode it inspired Nick to start building a trophy case with plexi doors that we'll anchor to the wall. He's been such a shiitake this morning that I'll holding him and typing one-handed. He hates being held but it's the only way I get cuddles and things don't get broken. Eventually he usually relaxes and enjoys it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 am 
Chip Strong

Hester is - thankfully - generally not a very naughty cat, largely because she's quite sedentary and also admittedly not very clever (poor thing). But she does have a bad habit of deciding that breakfast should be served pre-dawn if possible.
She set a new record today by waking me up at 3:30am today. She's always very gentle about it - lightly taps the side of my face, sticks her face in my face (tickling me with her whiskers), then climbs up on my side. It's quite cute, and since she's not usually into sitting on me (she likes her space), it's sort of endearing. The only problem is that at the slightest sleepy stir from me, she launches herself off me excitedly thinking that I'm going to get up and feed her. And then seconds later climbs back on. And the cycle repeats.
I dozed for an hour before I gave in and got up to feed her. Ugh. At least I managed to go back to sleep after that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next