| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annual Vet Report
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yesterday morning we took the three boys to the vet for their annual physical. Monchichi knew as soon as we got up, somehow, that we were taking them somewhere and hid in the basement. Atticus and Sir Didymus didn't figure it out right away, until I went to grab Did and then he booked. We chased him around the house for about 10 minutes. Atticus couldn't give a damn and just followed us around and then walked into his carrier. H doesn't start yelling until we get into the car. The visit wasn't bad. They all got their Rabies shots. Monchichi got some routine bloodwork and urinalysis, cause he's 9 now and I wanted to make sure alls still well. Att and Munch both lost two pounds, or so they say, their scales are screwy and neither looks thinner to me, but we have been feeding Munch 1/2 as much food as he used to eat. Here's the shocker -- something no vet has ever told me before ever -- I need to feed Sir Didymus more. I have never been told to feed an animal MORE. He weighs 10lbs, and she thinks he's underweight. He's really skinny. I've never had a skinny cat before. He eats as much as Atticus does, except Atticus weighs 14 lbs and change.. though Sir Didymus spends most of his time running around like a maniac, so he surely burns more calories. Sir Did lost some weight when he went from Evo to the urinary food for his stones. And so, now Sir Didymus gets second breakfast, or elevensies. He couldn't be happier. He wants to eat constantly as it is, an extra meal is pure joy for him. We decided to give him elevensies instead of just feeding him more because we can't give him more food than he can eat in the same time it takes Atticus to eat because Atticus is the dominant cat and will take whatever's left. We don't have another room downstairs to feed him in at the same time as everyone else, and separating them into two groups at meal time is bad enough. It's no fun herding cats. All this makes me realize what a nutty cat person I am. I think the majority of pet owners don't micromanage meal times like I do :P

In the end, all look well. No one has bad teeth, and everyone seems in good health. It's always nice to know they're in good shape!

Post subject: Re: Annual Vet Report
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:55 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Glad they all look well! Your story reminds me of my mother in law. She has 5 cats and she has to baby sit them every meal time, three times a day. One is quite the food stealer.

Post subject: Re: Annual Vet Report
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

That's a great annual report! How funny that Munch knew what was up early in the morning like that!