| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baltimore - Living - Need insight
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:24 am 
WRETCHED

So if all things go well in the next few months, we will be moving to Baltimore in August (we will need to be moved in by September but are flexible on August dates). I'm nervous, excited, etc. The 60-90 minute commute just won't work for me which is why we would be moving. We will be looking for a place to rent a townhome with 2 dogs (35 lbs and under) in the $1700 and under category. I'm hoping for much under but we'd like to live somewhere with public transportation options to JHU Med center and near some greenery areas for walking the dogs and where my husband can run. Even if public transportation (light rail to subway, just subway, ICC, etc) aren't ideal, somewhere within a 20 minute drive would be great. I am considering getting rid of my car but its paid off so it isn't a priority.

Any recommendations on areas would be appreciated. I know Charles Village was heavily recommended due to the free shuttle but I'm open to almost anything.

Post subject: Re: Baltimore - Living - Need insight
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Which campus are you going to? The main medical campus or Bayview? Or some other one?

Mt Vernon and the area around the train station are also on the main shuttle line. It saves a lot of money to take the free shuttle, so that's something to factor in. I see people having dog get togethers in the park in Mt Vernon if that makes a difference. Otherwise there is definitely a lot of green space up in Charles Village. And there are plenty of townhomes up that way. Just be aware that streets can go from sketchy to reasonably safe in a matter of blocks.

You could also live South of the main med campus towards Fell's. With the circulator route up and running now I can see that being a lot more convenient than it used to be (and that bus is also free).

Post subject: Re: Baltimore - Living - Need insight
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 pm 
WRETCHED

Hi! It would be the nursing school so the main medical campus. My application is in so hopefully I'll hear soonish.