| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Somerville MA] pulse cafe's new menu!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

They reopened after the holidays with a new diner menu! Breakfast all day! I went last night and mr. bap and I split a chocolate milkshake and chili cheese fries, and they were awesome. I got the BBQ burger and he got the Philly cheesesteak, both of which I would highly recommend!

Post subject: Re: [Somerville MA] pulse cafe's new menu!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:15 pm 
ugh

Ooh thanks for the update! I haven't been yet but breakfast all day might be enough to make me remember to go.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Chili cheese fries? Chocolate shake?!

I MUST GO.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:39 am 
Huffs Nooch

I have to try this place! Thanks for the update!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

The boyfriend and I love Pulse, and I always get excited when the menus change. Thanks for the heads up, bap!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

SHUT UP! I can't even deal with this. I just gained 20 pounds THINKING ABOUT FRIES AND SHAKES.

GAH. I foresee dragging husband here on a date, like tomorrow.

I love you guys!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:47 pm 

AASdfnlaskdnfoiasndf

THEY HAVE DONUTS!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Oh wow, I should check this out soon. Walking distance from my workplace!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Everyone should go! I'm already looking forward to getting takeout from there for lunch on Friday!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 pm 

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:
Oh wow, I should check this out soon. Walking distance from my workplace!

OMG, so jealous! I'm making plans to go here ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:50 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

ndpittman wrote:
THEY HAVE DONUTS!!!!

Really?! That's all I needed to hear... I'll trying to figure out when the soonest I can get there is!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

So... just got back from dinner there (what can I say, the band we wanted to see was sold out so this was the next best option ;) )

My review, totally biased of course:
Donuts... meh. It was dense and not great. My guy said they tasted like glazed fried dough, not light and fluffy and yummyness like glazed donuts I remember. Which are all held to the standard that Krispy Kreme set. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I expected and I prob won't order it again.

Chili cheese fries... yes please!!! These were pure awesomeness. I had absolutely no problem eating 1/2 a plate of these!

I got the tempeh reuben, it was good like it always is there. The guy got the seitan philly sandwich thingy. He said it was really good, he very much enjoyed it.

I was so happy to see that the buffalo tofu bites are on the menu, those are soooo good. Still a bunch of things I want to try, but I was limited by how much I could eat tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Pi. wrote:
Donuts... meh. It was dense and not great. My guy said they tasted like glazed fried dough, not light and fluffy and yummyness like glazed donuts I remember. Which are all held to the standard that Krispy Kreme set. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I expected and I prob won't order it again.

This actually makes me really happy; the donuts I remember from the bakery I lived near as a child were close to fried dough. I hope they keep them on the menu long enough for me to try them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 pm 

vegetalion wrote:
Pi. wrote:

This actually makes me really happy; the donuts I remember from the bakery I lived near as a child were close to fried dough. I hope they keep them on the menu long enough for me to try them!

Yeah, I can appreciate that they're not like Krispy Kreme, but I like fried dough, so I'm thinking I'm going to like this. And if not, I'm just glad to be able to go buy it somewhere and not have to worry about either cooking it myself, asking the kitchen a bunch of questions, or going through the list of ingredients with a fine-toothed comb.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:15 pm 

Pi. wrote:
So... just got back from dinner there (what can I say, the band we wanted to see was sold out so this was the next best option ;) )

My review, totally biased of course:

Chili cheese fries... yes please!!! These were pure awesomeness. I had absolutely no problem eating 1/2 a plate of these!

I got the tempeh reuben, it was good like it always is there. The guy got the seitan philly sandwich thingy. He said it was really good, he very much enjoyed it.

I was so happy to see that the buffalo tofu bites are on the menu, those are soooo good. Still a bunch of things I want to try, but I was limited by how much I could eat tonight!

Glad to see the review though! I'm so excited to try this place; I've never been. I'm thinking about making a voyage to Somerville on Saturday to hit up Sudo Shoes and Pulse Cafe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

thanks for the review! I really want to try the chili cheese fries. My one experience so far at Pulse was pretty meh, the mac and cheese was liquidy and soupy and the nachos were cold and soggy. But I will try again.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I've never been and now I need to go.

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm 
Chip Strong

I still haven't been. I need to pull myself away from my obsession with brunch at True Bistro and get over there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Do I smell a meetup brewing?

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I loved this place when I was in Somerville! We couchsurfed right around the corner and went there like three times. The people there were so nice, even to this pretentious guy who was there when we went for dinner the first time and who complained that his reuben was 'frankly underwhelming'.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:38 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Erinnerung wrote:
I loved this place when I was in Somerville! We couchsurfed right around the corner and went there like three times. The people there were so nice, even to this pretentious guy who was there when we went for dinner the first time and who complained that his reuben was 'frankly underwhelming'.

Man, what a douche. That's the kind of thing that warrants giving someone a sauerkraut slap.

This place sounds really great. The wife, the little bean and I will be making a trek up there next weekend and look forward to stopping in. Thoughts of chili cheese fries and donuts are about to become real.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I got the chocolate shake the other day. Oh my god. Driving down my friend's place, I kept taking a sip and then making orgasmic noises. It was stop and go traffic. I think the people in cars near me, looking over at me, were concerned. Oh it was so good.

I also got the tempeh reuben, which was rad. I was running way late (they close at 2:30) and I called them at about 2:15, explained I was running out the door and would be there ASAP, and could I get takeout still? They were super nice and totally obliging with taking my order, and they were cheerful and friendly when I got there right at 2:30. Their customer service really is just top notch.

I took my dad and stepmom today (and they are devoted omnis). They LOVED the chili and my dad was really happy with his burger and caesar salad. I had the butternut squash mac 'n' cheese, and it was delicious. The sauce IS a little runny, so you have to keep stirring as you eat because otherwise it all slides to the bottom, but if you keep stirring to keep the sauce on the noodles, it's delicious and creamy. I wish I had tasted more squashy; it really did taste like straight up mac 'n' cheese, but I was hoping for some squash flavor cause I love squash. Regardless, I was very happy with it.

I suspect I'll be going there more often now!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

DarthCupcake wrote:
I had the butternut squash mac 'n' cheese, and it was delicious. The sauce IS a little runny, so you have to keep stirring as you eat because otherwise it all slides to the bottom, but if you keep stirring to keep the sauce on the noodles, it's delicious and creamy. I wish I had tasted more squashy; it really did taste like straight up mac 'n' cheese, but I was hoping for some squash flavor cause I love squash. Regardless, I was very happy with it.

when I had it must have been an off day, it was really liquidy like as if it hadn't been heated up to thickening. I think I just had bad luck because everyone else who's had it other times has liked it.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm 

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
Do I smell a meetup brewing?

I vote aye. I still haven't made it over there. I was sick this weekend so I didn't go to Pulse OR Sudo Shoe's sale! Double fail.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

For those of you wondering, I APPROVE of the donuts! A little moister than I would've liked, but so worth $2.

I have a load of food allergies, and I couldn't eat a lot off the new menu, but I did have the Apple Melt and left delightfully overfull. They know grilled cheese.