| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: [Somerville MA] pulse cafe's new menu!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vegetalion wrote:
I have a load of food allergies, and I couldn't eat a lot off the new menu, but I did have the Apple Melt and left delightfully overfull. They know grilled cheese.

Is apple melt a common omni thing? I never heard of apples in grilled cheese, I am intrigued.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 am 
ugh

Quarantined wrote:
vegetalion wrote:
I have a load of food allergies, and I couldn't eat a lot off the new menu, but I did have the Apple Melt and left delightfully overfull. They know grilled cheese.

Is apple melt a common omni thing? I never heard of apples in grilled cheese, I am intrigued.

Maybe not common, but not unheard of! I had grilled brie & apple sandwiches on more than one occasion.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

b.vicious wrote:
Quarantined wrote:
vegetalion wrote:

Maybe not common, but not unheard of! I had grilled brie & apple sandwiches on more than one occasion.

I would try it...do they use homemade cheese in the grilled cheese?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Quarantined wrote:

I'm pretty sure they use Daiya.

I need to try the donuts again. I got one last week that was completely uncooked in the middle, so sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:25 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Quarantined wrote:

They used Daiya, so it was pretty heavy, but it tasted great. I'm used to Pulse being all homemade and anti-processed things, so I'm a little unsure how to think about a whole Daiya sandwich, though.

The one thing I'm sad about with this new diner menu is that it seems like they're relying on more pre-made things, rather than made-to-order (as in, homemade but pre-made veggie burgers and cheese sauces, etc), which is hard for those of us with allergies. BUT since they tend to change menus every couple weeks, I'll just wait for the next change.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vegetalion wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

They used Daiya, so it was pretty heavy, but it tasted great. I'm used to Pulse being all homemade and anti-processed things, so I'm a little unsure how to think about a whole Daiya sandwich, though.

The one thing I'm sad about with this new diner menu is that it seems like they're relying on more pre-made things, rather than made-to-order (as in, homemade but pre-made veggie burgers and cheese sauces, etc), which is hard for those of us with allergies. BUT since they tend to change menus every couple weeks, I'll just wait for the next change.

yeah I'm a bit wary of a whole Daiya sandwich..haven't eaten any in a while so not sure if it'll make my stomach weird.

gotta get here to try the chili fries before the menu changes though, for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:15 pm 
Cranky

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this, so I figured I'd mention it. A friend of my ex, who's a huge fan of Pulse, tried to go there a while back during regular hours and it was closed. No explanation or anything, not in the middle of a snowstorm, just closed. She's decided not to go back since it's not worth patronizing an unreliable place. It's all very Wheeler's-esque.

Has anyone else had problems?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Dr. Apricot wrote:
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this, so I figured I'd mention it. A friend of my ex, who's a huge fan of Pulse, tried to go there a while back during regular hours and it was closed. No explanation or anything, not in the middle of a snowstorm, just closed. She's decided not to go back since it's not worth patronizing an unreliable place. It's all very Wheeler's-esque.

Has anyone else had problems?

No, but I know they closed from shortly before Christmas until the 29th--was it last month that s/he went?

In my experience, every time they've closed, they've had either a sign on their door saying why (as in the Christmas-time closing) or on their website (as with yesterday's blizzard).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:33 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh wait! They did have a month or two where they didn't serve lunch this past summer(? or maybe it was fall? I forget)... but they had an announcement about that on their website.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm 
Cranky

I don't know all the details, but I do know it was dinner and wasn't over a holiday or during a blizzard. Just closed for no reason that she could discern.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Don't know if anyone gets the Boston Vegetarian Society's emails but there is a BVS dinner get together there from 5-8 this coming Wed, the 19th. I'm going! If you want to go with me, I'm planning on around 6:30, let me know so I can add you to my rsvp, or go to the bvs website and sign up for the emails and rsvp for yourself.

I am looking forward to trying this place!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm 
Huffs Nooch

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
Don't know if anyone gets the Boston Vegetarian Society's emails but there is a BVS dinner get together there from 5-8 this coming Wed, the 19th. I'm going! If you want to go with me, I'm planning on around 6:30, let me know so I can add you to my rsvp, or go to the bvs website and sign up for the emails and rsvp for yourself.

I am looking forward to trying this place!

I'm going! I will RSVP if there is room left and I'll send you a msg on FB.