| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DC Metro/Rockville, MD- Looking for Roommates.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm 
Human Gravy

Hey all. I know this is a bit early, but I am looking to move into a three bedroom house in Rockville, MD May 1. I am hoping to find two rad roommates to share the place.

A bit about the place:
This is a house (not a townhouse/condo) that has a washer & dryer, dishwasher, relatively new bathrooms, a living room & den, and a HUUUUGE yard. The place is within a 5 minute walk to the Rockville Metro Station and near Rockville Town Center. Roommates must be cool with dogs and cats, and I am open to welcoming your pets as long as they are friendly with cats and dogs (I have a cat and my boyfriend has a dog, more about that later).

The place is $1950 total including utilities. That's $650 each and no extra fees for pets & such. Internet/cable is $50 extra, but that would be split 3 ways. There will be a security deposit, which will be no more than one month's rent.

My boyfriend's dad owns the house and he tends to fix things really quickly.

About me:
I am a 28 year old female, PhD student in Cultural Studies and am employed as a teaching assistant/lecturer, because of this I tend to be on the quiet side most of the time. I am not a partier, but I like socializing when I have free time. I'm into all sorts of activities from jogging and yoga to knitting and beading. I talk to my cat, which may seem a bit creepy to some. I am vegan (duh?) and love to cook and bake. I like to keep my place pretty clean (i.e., my home does not have that cat boxy smell). My boyfriend, who is in vet school during the academic year, will be staying with me over the summer (and about one weekend a month during the school year). He has a really chill and silly boxer that gets along well with cats and dogs.

What I am looking for in a roommate:
Obviously, someone who is vegan or veggie is preferred, hence posting here before the general craigslist post. Male or female, age not important- what seems most important is that roommates have a similar lifestyle and respect for their roommates and place of residence. Guests and pets are fine by me.

Like I said, I know this is early, but I'd like to get people onboard by March 1st. It would be great to meet up first so this will give us plenty of time to do so. Also, if you know others who may be interested, please spread the word!

Post subject: Re: DC Metro/Rockville, MD- Looking for Roommates.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm 
WRETCHED

I don't know anyone but I'm wondering if Yuan Fu and/or Vegetable Garden would let you put up something to advertise your need? Might not hurt to ask. Possibly a sign at MOM or even Pangea?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 pm 
Human Gravy

linanil wrote:
I don't know anyone but I'm wondering if Yuan Fu and/or Vegetable Garden would let you put up something to advertise your need? Might not hurt to ask. Possibly a sign at MOM or even Pangea?

Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to look into that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 am 
Human Gravy

Or, if no one wants to move into this place, does anyone have a place and need a roommate?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 am 
Nailed to the V

Honestly, you'll probably have a ton of bites on craigslist when you post it in March/April, people just don't know their situation around here until the last minute, often.