| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Northern British Columbia?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 am 
Chard Martyr

Anyone up there? We've been looking at property there and on Haida Gwaii because it's affordable (and I'm obsessed with Haida Gwaii) and I'm just curious if any PPKers are there. I don't imagine anyone is on the Charlottes, but we're heading there in a couple weeks to scout out the islands.

We're also looking in the interior but it doesn't seem to make much sense beyond cheaper property. Anyway, this might be a shot in the dark, but worth a try!

Post subject: Re: Northern British Columbia?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

i have an internet acquaintance who used to live in Masset, but recently moved to Vancouver Island (Campbell River, i think). i think she was more isolated there than she wanted to be - for a while she was in a relationship with a guy in Seattle, and she hated that she wasn't able to live there.

it sounds like a fascinating area, though!

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

Post subject: Re: Northern British Columbia?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:10 pm 
Chard Martyr

I know! I'm really excited to visit Haida Gwaii. Some of my favourite writers live up there (and frequently write about it), I'm fascinated by the Haida culture, and ever since I heard the Golden Spruce story all I picture are century-old golden spruces in dense forest surrounded by rugged, crazy beaches. It makes my (already pretty rugged) island seem like a city park.

I don't mind isolation so much, but I do worry about some of the places my boyfriend is wanting to look at in small mining towns (there are some nice properties for cheap). I grew up in a redneck town and I don't really need to return there...