| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: New Jersey! - Only the Strong Survive
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Fwiw, you can get Daiya as well, if you ask - I think the default is FYH. But if you hate the crust, then I'm sure there are better options!

I know Brick Lane can do vegan Indian (just tell them it has to be vegan, because they do butter their rice), Tofu House sounds yummy (hopefully Ariann will weigh in) and I'll ask locally about other places.

Veggie Heaven is really great for vegan to go stuff, if you do end up swinging through Montclair.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:08 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Tofulish wrote:

Veggie Heaven is really great for vegan to go stuff, if you do end up swinging through Montclair.

I can second this too and add that VH is also conveniently located near to a decent Whole Foods (but I do prefer the Ridgewood WF.)

Veggie Heaven is right on Montclair's main drag and won't take you too far out of your way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Are you in NJ Sz? You know the area we live in so well - I'm hoping you're one of our awesome vegan neighbors!

I follow the Daily Simon, and I love the hiking pictures, and it totally doesn't look like NJ!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:01 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

I grew up in Bergen County and I visit pretty often, my mom is still there but I'm in SD CA. I am a graduate of Montclair State from back when it was a college and I lived nearby while I went to school there. (I also lived in Nutley for about 5 minutes and Hoboken for a couple of years after college.)

I wish I were updating my Simon more frequently, it got away from me this summer -- actually, a trip to Clifton for a funeral is what started the decline :/

I do have a backlog of photos once I get caught up with work though :)

My brother is coming out to SD next week and I want to talk with him about renting a beach house at the shore next summer with my mom. I'm hoping he will go for it! Even though I live by the beach here I still like to visit the shore there. And it would be a wonderful way to spend time with mom.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Sorry, totally missed my name being mentioned. We honestly haven't been to tofu house in like 3 years (not a good place to bring a very mobile child). But when we did go there, they could make several of their soups vegan. Make sure you clarify veg broth and no egg. We like the curry tofu soup a LOT and my husband gets the bimbimbop a lot (say no egg!!).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:57 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I am not familiar with NJ at all . I will be attending a concert at Metlife Stadium in two weeks. Can anyone tell me what the area around the stadium is like? Any vegan friendly restaurants close by? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:22 pm 
Semen Strong

What is your transportation like? Rutherford Pancake House is 10 minutes away, but they close at 3pm. There's a bunch of Thai spots nearby but Im not completely sure about the fish sauce. The restaurant I ordered from swore everything was vegan, but I'm not convinced....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Anyone in NJ looking to go to the Bethlehem Veg Fest on 8/20? We're going and I'm so excited! The only thing that would be better is PPKfriends!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:40 pm 
Semen Strong

We had brunch at Killer Vegan and I'm kind of disappointed that they charged my 4 year old $15 for the buffet. I had sent them messages over FB and through their site re the price for kids with no response and heard that they didn't charge for little kids. So we went and were pretty surprised. $15 for 3 pancakes with berry sauce.

I'd go back for myself at $22.50 for an adult (loved the cashew gravy even though it was a bit salty, and the tofu scramble), but I would not take Leela again. I guess it's RHP for us for weekends. Even with their vegan tax ($1.50 for almond milk and a $1 upcharges for vegan pancakes or French toast) it's under $8 for a 4 year old.

I really want to support a vegan restaurant but I find the price for kids over 3 excessive. We got pretty much diner fare for 3 people for $60 and at RHP it's more like $30 - $40.

I'm not giving them any negative reviews, but I was disappointed and wished I had known the price beforehand, so I am warning others. It's not on their website or FB.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20