| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Jersey! - Only the Strong Survive
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Thanks, everyone!

ETA, The mother of the groom is vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free. If you're a PPKer, Hi!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
Semen Strong

blondiefk wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
You will be close to the famous Sweet Avenue and Rutherford Pancake House as well!

Nice resource JENNA!

You all should have a NJ meetup at Rutherford Pancake House I can crash.

You'd be so welcome! Yes, PPk meet up if mollyjade has time! I am assuming that she'll be super busy with wedding Shuttest Thou Up! Forsooth! though!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:51 pm 

Yeah, I doubt I'll have time to meet up, though I'd love to next time I'm in the area. We really want to make a longer visit to that part of the country sometime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 pm 
Semen Strong

It would be lovely to see you, but I figured a baby and a wedding would be hard enough to juggle! I hope you have a lovely visit!

Definitely hit the Cinnamon Snail on Thursday nights at the farmer's market if you can! Its amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Hey, Jerseyites - Killer Vegan in Union is actually open now. We went for an impromptu lunch the other day. The menu is very, very limited at the moment, but the food was good and they helpfully made our toddler a grilled (daiya, oh well) cheese sandwich which was not (yet) on the menu. They said the menu should be slowly expanding over the coming weeks as they get used to the flow of things. The space is very cute and comfortable and there was a little collection of children's books which the toddler found very entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Union is super close to my parents house where I am living until further notice. Should I run out and try Killer Vegan this week? Or wait till they have the kinks worked out?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Dude, where are you living? There are a million PPKers around here! I will PM you!

I would say no need to run fast to KV (except for the being supportive part), your best bet for variety is to catch a brunch rather than go for lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:05 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

We went to KV for their opening brunch and it was amazing. So kid friendly! The little girl who donated the book was there, her mom works there, and she came over to my kids to tell them they were there. It was so cute. I'm dying to try one of the milkshakes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:14 pm 

Y'all, arriving at my hotel after midnight and then ordering good vegan pizza delivered to my room was the best thing ever. Thanks for recommending Two Boots. I also forgot about bagels, so that's the other thing I ate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Ugh! Goldie's in asbury park closed in october. I just saw it now. I thought it was messed up when they changed their menu to high end mexican, so i guess it was only a matter of time. Still, BOO! It was so good in the beginning.

My mom just told me the other day she read an article in the newspaper about a new vegan/veggie indian restaurant in asbury, but forgot to save the article. We want to go out for dinner there on Sat for Valentine's. I can't find it online now though...has anyone heard about a new restaurant there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:05 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Can you let me know if this is the restaurant? We're trying to go for valentines day as well!

http://dinegola.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... l-copy.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:33 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Gola is in downtown Freehold I don't think there is another one in Asbury so I think you are talking about two different places

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:18 am 

Hmm...I wish I knew more about the article she read! I'll see her today so I'll have to ask her to keep on the lookout for it.

We decided to stay home today anyway. Too cold outside!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Well any recommendations are great! We are thinking Via Roma in Tom's River or Kaya's Kitchen? Maybe Crust and Crumble but not a huge pizza fan like my BF.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:16 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

New vegan restaurant in New Brunswick! They are in a soft opening and aren't running the full menu. I can't wait to try it. Apparently the owner was a chef at Candle 79.

http://veganizedfoods.com/our-menu/

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:45 am 

JENNA wrote:
New vegan restaurant in New Brunswick! They are in a soft opening and aren't running the full menu. I can't wait to try it. Apparently the owner was a chef at Candle 79.

http://veganizedfoods.com/our-menu/

Awesome! Looks good - only issue is all the entrees appear to have mushrooms, and I don't like mushrooms! I hope they change that with the full menu.

The flatbreads look delicious though!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:04 am 

We finally made it to veganized on Monday and it was sooooo yummy! The Roma was seriously heaven on a flatbread. Like toe curling delicious.

We also had the black bean timbale, which wasn't quite what I expected when it came out - it was basically black bean dip with sweet potatoes and guac shaped in a pretty cylinder - but it was also really delicious. They sure know how to make things extra flavorful at this place!

My partner had the special which was a stuffed pepper. It was filled with a mixture of grains and beans, with a lentil sauce, sweet potato fries and cashew cream. It was also very tasty.

Everthing was so filling we couldn't get dessert. I practically had to roll out of the place I was so full but it was outstanding. I would definitely go there again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Checking in here to see if there's anything super in the weird area between Ridgewood and Lincoln Park! We're gonna be in the area shuttling between family events in those 2 towns and it sure would be nice to be able to grab something yummy somewhere (instead of having to cook/pack a ton of food for 4 of us for the whole day!) Alternatively, when we leave Lincoln Park we'll probably be heading back to the city via 80, so maybe that's when we'd be able to pick up something? My NJ geography is sketchy and it seems like Montclair is probably sorta on the way back to the GW Bridge from there, but because my boyfriend is a surly driver I hate getting him too far off the trail home, even if it is for something delish that will ultimately make him happy...Recommendations would be awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:40 pm 
Semen Strong

Oooh so close to us!

Pizza fusion in Ridgewood is really good! http://pizzafusion.com/ridgewood/

Lincoln Park near 80 is 15 minutes away from Mysore Woodlands - a yummy veg Indian buffet that we love.

Montclair is about 20 mins away on your way back into the city, and has lots of good options - Vital, Veggie Heaven, Mesob etc.

Or you could do Positivitea in Verona for soft serve and that is also about 20 mins from Lincoln Park.

If you needed something superclose, Willowbrook Mall has a Cheesecake Factory with vegan options as well.

Let us know if you have time and want to meet up in a park or something!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Tofulish wrote:

Pizza fusion in Ridgewood is really good! http://pizzafusion.com/ridgewood/

Yes! And directly across the street from a very decent Whole Foods.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:00 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes! The WF there has an ice-cream parlor with scoopable Steve's of Brooklyn ice-cream, which always includes a few vegan flavors.

I know Ariann and her family like the Tofu House in Ridgewood, which she says has just one vegan dish, but it's a good one.

Also, I haven't been but if you're into smoothies and raw food, http://www.nectarcafenj.com/ in Glen Rock is supposed to be very good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ah see, my brother usually ends up ordering Pizza Fusion when we visit and we are honestly not fans at all - partially I think because we are used to Daiya and they use FYH I think, and partially because the crust seems kinda cardboard-y. But still, absolutely better than nothing! Unfortunately this is gonna be a kinda extended-family hell day so no time to meet up but thanks for all the info, sounds like Montclair may be a good idea if we feel like bringing some dinner home with us yay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:11 pm 
Semen Strong

You can get Daiya or FYH now, just fyi, so maybe ask him to switch that out if need be?

Ask Ariann about the Tofu House and I'll ask around about other options for you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ah see, my brother usually ends up ordering Pizza Fusion when we visit and we are honestly not fans at all - partially I think because we are used to Daiya and they use FYH I think, and partially because the crust seems kinda cardboard-y. But still, absolutely better than nothing! Unfortunately this is gonna be a kinda extended-family hell day so no time to meet up but thanks for all the info, sounds like Montclair may be a good idea if we feel like bringing some dinner home with us yay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:17 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I can vouch for Positivitea! Not sure about their hours, but I had a fantabulous burger on a frigging pretzel bun [in fantastic company, i might add] and it was aaaaawesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next