| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Summer Camp
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:25 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello, hello! Just wanted to give a heads-up to vegans the world over that I'm putting on a summer camp for adult vegans this August! Consider it a fun, energy-driven retreat mixed with some conference-type learning, but of course (veganized!) crafts and activities à la summer camp! It's set to take place a short stroll from Jericho Beach in Vancouver, B.C. from August 20th to 25th (those are the check-in/out dates, with workshops, activities, panel discussions, keynote speakers, canoeing, crafts, etc. running from Friday, August 21st through Monday, August 24th). Camp details are posted here: http://vegansummercamp.com/about/

I've just posted all the info about pricing and registration, which opens on Friday morning (May 8th) at 9 a.m. You can pay all at once for the best pricing, or reserve your spot with a deposit and then pay two remaining (equal) payments in June and July, which hopefully makes it easier for people to make camp a reality. You can find out more at this link: http://vegansummercamp.com/registration/

If you have any questions, you can email VeganSummerCamp@Gmail.com.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!!

Post subject: Re: Vegan Summer Camp
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:49 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This is awesome! Congratulations! I would LOVE to be there and wish this happened before I moved to the other side of the country. Still very much on my radar and I will let my west coast friends know!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

Thanks!! I actually just moved across the country myself! LOL I'm living in Montréal now, but will be heading back to Vancouver for camp and to collect my things from storage and my kitty from my friend's house for the officially-permanent move after VSC is over! (Well, and after I hit up Bumbershoot in Seattle on Labour Day Weekend! ;) ).

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Well, if you decide to do Vegan Summer Camp in Ontario or Quebec in the next couple years, I'd love to hit it up.

Sounds fun, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm not sure if I'll do Vegan Summer Camp with all the workshops and such, but I am already thinking ahead to (and doing a little looking into) doing some other retreats in Quebec, which would be all vegan as well. (Just the venues are smaller, and out of the way, so it wouldn't be possible to have enough people there to both warrant and afford to put on workshops and things.)