| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Richland, WA?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm headed to Richland and will be there for a few nights. I'm not having a whole lot of luck finding blatant vegan options. Does anyone know of places I should check out for food while I'm in the area?

Also, I'm interested in any suggestions for activities worth doing in that neck of the woods.

Thanks!

Imma let you finish, but the Paranthropus Boisei were the greatest vegans ever.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

Post subject: Re: Richland, WA?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:29 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I grew up in that area and visit frequently to see my family. As far as restaurants go, there's not much that I know of. There's a place called "Frost Me Sweet" which is a bakery and cafe. It's omni, but they have vegan options. It's off George Washington Way. The best grocery store for vegan food is Yoke's. There's one in Kennewick and one in Pasco. Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco are all connected, hence the name Tri-Cities, so going from city to city is seamless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Also, if Yoke's doesn't have what you're looking for, try Fred Meyer on Wellsian Way in Richland.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:58 pm 

Sweet, thanks for the tips!

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

If you're there over the workweek, there's a great permanent food cart that is only open Mon-Fri 11-7. I believe their rice is made with chicken stock, so their burritos are out, and they don't have a lot of vegan options. However, they have one delicious one, and frankly that's sometimes all you need. It's kind of hard to find (literally located behind a car wash), so you will probably need a GPS or a someone with familiarity with the area. It's called El Fat Cat Grill. You'll want to order the "Tres Amigos" in the tostada section, ask them to hold all the cheesy stuff and substitute the mango & jicama jardiniere for the cheese. You'll get three small (4''?) tostadas with black beans, veggies, and mango. Then they have a bunch of salsas you can use. Here's the address: 539 N Edison St, Kennewick, WA 99336.

There's also a P.F. Chang's near the mall in Kennewick -- obviously nothing too "authentic" or exciting but they have decent vegan options if you're looking for a sit-down restaurant atmosphere.

I also second Yoke's markets and Fred Meyer grocery stores (both have a designated "natural food" section that has as good a selection of vegan food as you'll find in the Tri-Cities) if you have a fridge or just want grocery stuff. Yoke's is a grocery store but Fred's probably has anything you need if you forget something at home -- groceries, clothes, housewares, electronics, etc.

If you find anything you recommend, please add it to the thread!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:01 pm 

So I'm back! I didn't have nearly as much free time as I expected, but I did hit up Yokes for some basic essentials (they had working lunches most days, so I had to bring my own since the group had an affinity for pizza hut). The one lunch we got out with time to drive anywhere, four of us went to El Fat Cat Grill and it was forking amazing. Thank you both so much for the tips!

On a side note, not having been to WA or Colorado since the legalization of pot, I was amused at all the recommendations to hit up the dispensary whenever we asked for things to do in the area haha.