| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Social Media - Facebook
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:33 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Hey friends!

I'm about to start a volunteer position at a cat rescue for a couple of months and whilst I'm there I'm going to be managing their social media. I'm pretty qualified when it comes to Instagram, Twitter and blogging but I have literally never used Facebook and I'm going to need to. I'd love to learn a little before I'm there and logged into their account!

Can anyone give me some savvy Facebook tips? What do I need to know? I think that they have Hootsuite set up which I've used for Twitter before but never for any of the other social medias.

Post subject: Re: Social Media - Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm not hugely good at the social medias of any kind, but my partner and I do have a Facebook page for the zine we make. One thing that you might not know is you'll need a Facebook page of your own to manage an organization's page (or any kind of page). It doesn't need to have a photo or even necessarily your real name or any other details. Basically, a Facebook page doesn't have it's own login details but is rather run by a one or more admins. Said admins are the only people who are able to post as the page, if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

fork! That's hugely annoying. I tried setting up a very minimal FB a/c because I wanted my bakery to have a FB page but found it impossible. It wouldn't accept any fake names and the sign up page seemed to need way more info than I was willing to give it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:49 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I recently quit FB, and that involved setting up a new 'personal' page for which I used my real name but otherwise have virtually zero information on it. I transferred admin rights for my pages/groups over to my new personal page and then quit using my old page (for which, by the way, I used my first and middle names and FB never seemed to notice).

It's annoying but I just use it as a means to an end now. I have a little disclaimer on the personal page that says something like "Dormant account using only to admin pages."