| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10462
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
here's where i bisque about my stitches! i was/am making a granny square quilt and i altered the pattern for the square i was making over the summer. now i've come back to working on it, but i didnt write down the pattern anywhere and I can't get my squares to look the same. they are coming out all wonky now. i even unraveled an old one to see what i did, and i swear i'm doing the same stitches, but it's not working. maybe my stitches have become looser or tighter or something. who knows?! anyway, now i'm just making one big regular granny square and i'm going to use the 24 squares i already have as the edging around the blanket. hope that works!

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
Finished baby sweater, for a friend whose baby boy came into the world on Saturday!

Image

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10462
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
oh wow, adorable and tiny! i love baby clothes!

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:22 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
ijustdiedinside wrote:
here's where i bisque about my stitches! i was/am making a granny square quilt and i altered the pattern for the square i was making over the summer. now i've come back to working on it, but i didnt write down the pattern anywhere and I can't get my squares to look the same. they are coming out all wonky now. i even unraveled an old one to see what i did, and i swear i'm doing the same stitches, but it's not working. maybe my stitches have become looser or tighter or something. who knows?! anyway, now i'm just making one big regular granny square and i'm going to use the 24 squares i already have as the edging around the blanket. hope that works!


Are you maybe using a different needle size? Hmmm. Not sure!

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
paprikapapaya wrote:
This whole thread makes me wish I could knit. I try, but get so discouraged during teaching myself that I put the needles away for another year before I frustrate myself again. Arghhh.


Definitely consider taking a class at a local craft store! I took some advanced classes this weekend and they were so fun, and totally worth the (not super expensive) class fee. And I got a discount on materials that day!

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm
Posts: 1041
Location: chicagoland-ish suburbs
maygles wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
here's where i bisque about my stitches! i was/am making a granny square quilt and i altered the pattern for the square i was making over the summer. now i've come back to working on it, but i didnt write down the pattern anywhere and I can't get my squares to look the same. they are coming out all wonky now. i even unraveled an old one to see what i did, and i swear i'm doing the same stitches, but it's not working. maybe my stitches have become looser or tighter or something. who knows?! anyway, now i'm just making one big regular granny square and i'm going to use the 24 squares i already have as the edging around the blanket. hope that works!


Are you maybe using a different needle size? Hmmm. Not sure!


yes, my thought was that if your stitches are the same you may have changed hook size or are using different yarn (i've found different brands vary pretty wildly when it comes to thickness even if they're labeled as the same).

_________________
Gwyneth Paltrow: "I'm superstitious. Whenever I start a new movie I kill a hobo with a hammer."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10462
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
same yarn since i bought a ton of it when i started the blanket. and i'm 99% sure i'm using the same hook. it's so weird! the way i'm doing it now is actually a lot easier and there's a much greater chance of actually finishing the blanket now just doing a regular granny square pattern instead of a fancy one that takes longer. it's just weird!

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
ijustdiedinside wrote:
same yarn since i bought a ton of it when i started the blanket. and i'm 99% sure i'm using the same hook. it's so weird! the way i'm doing it now is actually a lot easier and there's a much greater chance of actually finishing the blanket now just doing a regular granny square pattern instead of a fancy one that takes longer. it's just weird!


Is it possible that your gauge has changed? That is weird! Tell the blanket to stop being a poo! ;)

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:35 pm 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1779
Location: New Portleans
I sewed my 7th Rooibos from Colette patterns. I just love this dress. Cutting out the pieces sucks, but it's really fun to put together (until you get to the invisible zipper).
Image

Image
the front center panel was gifted to me by my friend hannah. she sells amazing clothes over at madewithlovebyhannah--she screenprints all her fabric...

xo
kittee

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
Wooowww!!! So pretty!

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm
Posts: 1810
Location: vancouver island
kittee, that is so gorgeous! i love the panel!

_________________
when you realise how perfect everything is, you will tilt you head back and laugh at the sky. -buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1779
Location: New Portleans
thanks!!

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
protein lump
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 2475
Location: providence via jersey
cute! and i love hannah's stuff. i have one of her apple skirts and it's pretty much my favorite.

_________________
I'm one of those vegans that cuts corners when it comes to things like breastfeeding and stabbing you in the face~Pranjal
That story would be adorable if it didn't end with herpes. ~Mo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1779
Location: New Portleans
esme wrote:
cute! and i love hannah's stuff. i have one of her apple skirts and it's pretty much my favorite.

hannah is the best. i have her ribbon skirt, which i also love. every once in a while, she unloads a few bundles of her seconds or cast off scraps, so she sent me a bundle. they are gorgeous, i've been stashing them for a loooong time.

xo
kittee

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:05 am
Posts: 276
Location: Stumptown
That dress is amazing! I love the pattern. I'm just about to finish my very first dress! I'll post pics when it's done.

_________________
"I'm just going to shake genitals instead of hands from now on. Cut out the middle man." - joyfulgirl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: Graz, Austria
kittee, that's amazing! I learned to sew at school, but I could never make such beautiful things. I wish I could learn from you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 am 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1779
Location: New Portleans
Phoenix wrote:
kittee, that's amazing! I learned to sew at school, but I could never make such beautiful things. I wish I could learn from you.


why thank you! i just followed a pattern for this using a mix of fabrics. you could do it!

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: Graz, Austria
Birthday present for an old friend: Cthulhu dice bag!

Image

(Stupid cellphone eats all colour... Imagine the background is really orangey orange, and you'll see that the Cthulhu design isn't grey at all, it's green!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
Phoenix wrote:
Birthday present for an old friend: Cthulhu dice bag!


Aaaaah so awesome!!!!!!

I knit a replacement handmitt for a friend who lost one of the ones I made for her:

Image - Inside palm

Image - Outside

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6591
Location: Norristown, PA
I finished this shawl today!

Image

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Oakland
That is lurvely, choirqueer!

Okay folks, nebraskalaska just showed me this (sorry if it's old news, I am always behind!): http://handmaderyangosling.tumblr.com/

_________________
Formerly herbstsonne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6591
Location: Norristown, PA
maygles wrote:
That is lurvely, choirqueer!

Okay folks, nebraskalaska just showed me this (sorry if it's old news, I am always behind!): http://handmaderyangosling.tumblr.com/


Thanks!!

This is my new favorite Ryan Gosling tumblr. I feel kind of creepy about the fact that I've looked at enough of these to have a favorite though.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Tachyon-coma, WA
Phoenix wrote:
Birthday present for an old friend: Cthulhu dice bag!

Image

(Stupid cellphone eats all colour... Imagine the background is really orangey orange, and you'll see that the Cthulhu design isn't grey at all, it's green!)

May I ask where you got that pattern?!?

_________________
This thread is about Rowans, Jason Mraz and vibrators. ~ Rowan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: Graz, Austria
Sra. Nooch wrote:
May I ask where you got that pattern?!?

It's here: http://www.arcanavitae.com/?p=27
(I found it via Ravelry, but I don't know whether you'd need an account to see it there.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:15 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7713
Location: Brasil
Here: all bisqueing, no stitching.
I have color problems. My child is getting back into a Harry Potter phase and wants me to make her HP swag. She has apparently been sorted into Gryffindor, and as usual, i am having trouble with colors. (i have trouble seeing and identifying colors, i mean i can see them, but i have trouble comparing them and differentiating them, which is probably why my knitting is all one-yarn stuff, why i don't wear makeup and why all my clothes are black). I got to the yarn store and everything just looked like lipstick red to me, and nobody at the yarn store will have any clue if I ask them this stuff. They already think I'm nuts because I asked for DPNs, which apparently don't exist on this continent. So perhaps her scarf will be totally and completely off. I need to make HER go to the yarn store, I suppose.

Anyway, bisque session over. Thank you!

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer