| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recipe collaberation project
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hello,

I will be presenting a talk on the nature of recipes and collaboration. I want to compile a list of people to take part in a real way in ex-positing the nature of recipe collaboration. To this end, I will pick a recipe (prolly a cake), make it, rewrite the instructions, and email it to the next person on the list. They will make the recipe, rewrite it and email their remarks to both me and the next person on the list. At the presentation I will make the original recipe and make the final version - in an effort to show the the nature of recipe collaboration.

If interesting please be able to make the recipe within a few days of receipt of the recipe, have access to the Internet. no specific level of cooking expertise required.

If interested (or if you have questions) please email me at wingedsnail99@hotmail.ca

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Recipe collaberation project
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I love this idea! Honestly I would be a lot more likely to participate if the recipe were something other than cake. I've never made a cake before, so I would want to collaborate on a recipe where I felt more confident that unleashing my creativity wouldn't utterly ruin it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Yes, the idea is awesome but cake and baking in general are a bit strict with following instructions - sure you can sub the spices, but there's a limit on the other adjustments one can make without utter failure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Thanks for the input guys! Maybe I should do something other than a cake - but I figured the boundaries imposed by baking would limit substitution in a good way. For example, I recently made a recipe called Seitan bourbon tacos - but really made tofu whisky tacos - used the recipe but switched major ingredients. I wanted the final product to at least resemble the original.
But maybe I should scratch that and go with a entrée type recipe.
Yeah - because that will show the collaborative nature of recipes in a quicker path. Which is real life....
Cake out.... entrée in! :)