| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cricut (craft, not cake)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So I recently bought a refurb Cricut to help make a glass etching project I did look a little more professional. Then I used it to make some vinyl numbers to go over photos for a calendar.. And it seems like a great tool, but I am not really a scrapbooker at all, most of their premade cards are a little cheesy for my tastes, indeed most of their artwork packs are a little too clipart for me.

The Sweet Treats (or whatever it's called) art set with the boxes for cupcakes and other treats looks really promising for bundling up homemade goodies, but any other ideas for fun things to do with it? Are there software programs for -mac- that will allow you to use your own art? Show me your projects!!

Post subject: Re: Cricut (craft, not cake)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I have nothing to add, except that i desperately covet all Cricuts but fear I will have the same problem. PPKers, please post ideas!

Post subject: Re: Cricut (craft, not cake)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:35 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I got the Sweet Treats download and now I'm kind of regretting not getting an Expression to actually print the boxes in the correct size (I guess I can make..boxes for mini-cupcakes, maybe? ;) ). But I don't really feel like shelling out for another machine.

I'm finding myself mostly torn between thinking up all the awesome things I could do with it and being disappointed that I can't do even more. I don't like the limits of using their content (third party software hacks that don't work anymore notwithstanding), and I feel like I need to go out and buy lots of papers and adhesives and things.

(Scrapbooky folks out there, any tips on vegan-friendly glues/adhesives?)