| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BEAUTY OF THE BEAST ART PROJECT!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi,

I love this site!

I'm trying to find backers, promoters and bloggers for an art project that features rescue farm animals!

Here's the story. I'm a visual artist, novelist and vegan. The farm animal art project represents my soul's path, an epic full-circle journey.

I grew up on a mid-Missouri subsistence farm with barely literate parents. Most of our food came from the land, and we butchered both wild hunted animals and farm animals on a daily basis. I was lucky enough to get a degree from one of the best journalism schools in the country, left at 18, and became an international journalist in Japan, across Asia and in England for more than a decade. My focus was on the under-privileged, giving people a voice who had no voice.

I gave it all up to find my OWN voice when I was in my 30s, and became a novelist and visual artist. A recent move to rural Oregon has meant I'm near farm animals again for the first time since I was a child. Like any visual artist, I painted my surroundings, including the goats and chickens and such. It was when I was leaning over the fence into my neighbor's yard feeling up a goats face to get its musculature down so I could paint him, that I had an idea. Why not partner with a farm animal sanctuary, get to know the animals as individuals, paint their portraits, tell their stories (as a writer, storytelling is so important to me) have an art show, and give some of the proceeds back to the sanctuaries? Wouldn't that bring my life full circle? I could almost be an animal journalist, giving animals a voice where they had no voice.

In the process of going to the sanctuaries, I've gone from vegatarianism to veganism.

I'm trying to fund a Kickstarter Campaign called Beauty of the Beast to get the process underway. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/art ... -the-beast

Thank you so much for your time.
Caroline Allen

Caroline Allen
Writer/Artist
Writer/Artist: www.carolineallen.com
Blog: www.artofstorytelling.wordpress.com
Email: carolineallen@aol.com
Tel: +1 978.228.6617