| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craft Goals 2014
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Post them here. also post your WIP, inspiration and what have you! :) Let's bring in the craft!

- I am cross stitching up a storm...I have 3 pieces that should be finished soon! One for me - 2 for gifts.

- I have not knitted in a long time & I was never advanced to begin with. I do want to make a chunky simple scarf for my step father in Feb for his bday...

-New zine - printing techniques!

Post subject: Re: Craft Goals 2014
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm trying to get into a jewelry metalworking class >.< Paypal was giving me crepe and once I got it sorted, the class was full.

But I'm going to the bookstore today because I think this year I really want to learn a new craft. And I'm going to look into opening a etsy shop.

Also finish that sweater I started last summer XD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:03 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I started a sweater around thanksgiving. My main goal is to finish it in the next couple of months so I can wear it while it's still cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:59 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I knitted my first.. uh... dish cloth about 1 month ago. It was okay, but not sure if it's my thing. Cross stitching is always good, and I love my scrapbooking! :-D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm throwing myself into my etsy shop even further this year so most of my goals are entwined with it, but I also want to learn how to crochet. My grandmother taught me basics when I was around 12 I think, but I can't remember at all. My end goal is to teach my niece (10) who misses Granny like crazy, to make one of the things she always made.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Knit through some of my yarn stash. I have 3 huge bins of yarn I've aquired over the years to use up, maybe I'll knit gifts for people this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I started a dishcloth project for a friend's housewarming gift. I've finished one, started another, but haven't touched my needles in over a month. Gotta get back on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Kelly wrote:
I'm throwing myself into my etsy shop even further this year so most of my goals are entwined with it, but I also want to learn how to crochet. My grandmother taught me basics when I was around 12 I think, but I can't remember at all. My end goal is to teach my niece (10) who misses Granny like crazy, to make one of the things she always made.

I taught myself to crochet with the Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I thought the instructions were very clear. Good luck!

My goals this year are to complete six knitting projects and three ornaments (mixed crafting genres) for my Christmas tree. This would be a big jump since last year maybe I did two projects? I also did one ornament. I also want to reduce my stash by using only stash to do the ornaments.

Unfortunately, I have already frogged a sock (after turning a heel!). It was too big even though my gauge was spot on. Humph.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I want to take some more classes. I took a papercrafting one last year and I'm thinking about sewing and knitting this year. I'm not very crafty so my stuff doesn't always look great but I enjoy it and I'm a pretty decent hand sewer (I've made skirts and scarves by hand) so I think sewing is something I could do well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I want to get better at crocheting. I've been doing a lot of recently and I can definitely tell i'm getting better. my stuff looks more uniform and even. my goals are to learn to make a sweater and socks and i'd also like to make some lace using crochet thread rather than yarn. i also want to do some intarsia.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I think that this year I want to advance in my knitting and I would love to learn how to make cushions, as I think that it's something really nice to have at home. I also want to get into jewellery making as it's something I've always thought was really cool and would be so proud if I could actually make something. Also, you can give them out as presents which is a lot more thoughtful than just buying something from a store.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:30 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I want to start and finish my curtains! I have this underwatery-looking blue green fabric. I am going to make a quilty collage of an underwater scene with an octopus. I have been collecting funky fabric. I know it will take awhile, but i am very excited.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I finished a simple knitted scarf this week, a cross stitch and started a new one!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Kelly has inspired me to get back into cross stitch, but i'm not even sure I have a single hoop anymore so i'll have to completely start over. And buying stuff for that will have to come later because...

...I want to make more bath and body stuff. I really love the whipped body butter and Dark Angels dupe I made for Christmas. There are a lot of things I can make with the same ingredients, so I just bought some of the cheaper essential oils because they were on sale on Vitacost, and i'm going to see about getting containers so I can make salves and lip balms in the future. I am not very crafty/artsy/talented, but making body stuff is basically just following a recipe so it's like cooking.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 pm 
protein lump

i'd like to do some glass etching. maybe try to get better at crocheting since i still suck at that. i have a pair of socks that are about 1/3 done. i should probably finish those guys.
and i have a ton of cross stitch stuff that i'd like to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

As always, I'm working on building my handmade wardrobe. I made a lot of progress last year, but I still wound up making a lot of special occasion dresses that just sit in my closet most of the year. I really want to focus on basics for the next few months. Specifically, skirts and dresses that can be worn with anything.

I'm also finally going to draft pattern blocks for myself. I know I've been saying this since 2008. No, I don't believe me either! I'm really doing it though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:39 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Kelly wrote:

I'm also throwing myself into my Etsy shop but the design one. I need to get my patterns written down properly so I can sell them finally.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnitsByNatDesigns

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:25 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Kelly has inspired me to get back into cross stitch, but i'm not even sure I have a single hoop anymore so i'll have to completely start over. And buying stuff for that will have to come later because...

On small x stitch projects I do not even both with a hoop. I find aida cloth stiff enough to work with.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I know I'm a little late to the party, but my plan this summer is to make my first ever zine :)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:37 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

yay zine making!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

joyfulgirl wrote:
I started a sweater around thanksgiving. My main goal is to finish it in the next couple of months so I can wear it while it's still cold.

Oh I didn't update this! I finished it long ago! yay!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

missmuffcake wrote:
yay zine making!

It's so exciting! I couldn't work out if there is already a dedicated zine thread, but I've already made a basic layout mock-up :)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

One of my friends started a craft swap group on facebook a few months ago. She invited a bunch of her friends, and we've invited ours, etc. I think we're over 100 members now. Every 6-ish weeks, we'll do a new swap, each time with a theme. This month's theme is Purple for Peace day, so the craft has to incorporate purple or peace. It's such a fun thing to do, because it actually gets me motivated to make something. I love crafting, but don't do enough of it. Knowing that someone is making something for me, and that another someone is looking forward to getting my craft in the mail is a great motivator. Then everyone posts pictures of the crafts they receive, which feeds us TONS of new ideas. It's just a great big circle of fun!

Right now, I have no one craft that I'm interested in. Most of my projects involve paint in some way. But it would be nice to get really involved in a specific skill.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:46 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

zelavie wrote:
One of my friends started a craft swap group on facebook a few months ago. She invited a bunch of her friends, and we've invited ours, etc. I think we're over 100 members now. Every 6-ish weeks, we'll do a new swap, each time with a theme. This month's theme is Purple for Peace day, so the craft has to incorporate purple or peace. It's such a fun thing to do, because it actually gets me motivated to make something. I love crafting, but don't do enough of it. Knowing that someone is making something for me, and that another someone is looking forward to getting my craft in the mail is a great motivator. Then everyone posts pictures of the crafts they receive, which feeds us TONS of new ideas. It's just a great big circle of fun!

Right now, I have no one craft that I'm interested in. Most of my projects involve paint in some way. But it would be nice to get really involved in a specific skill.

What would someone need to do to join this group?? I'm not quite sure if I will because I don't know if I can make that commitment...but I'm definitely interested!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I can add you to the group! It's an opt-in kinda thing, so if you can't do a swap, you just don't sign up for that one. No biggie.