| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Crochet...thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:12 am 
Bathes in Braggs

nothing awesome... just granny squares for different projects. i need some inspiration too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm really into blankets right now. I'm waiting for some yarn for one I'm planning to make. Meanwhile I'm working on striped scarves and experimenting with techniques for carrying the yarn between stripes so the edges still come out evenly. A lot of times I'll do that -- if I'm not sure what project to do next, or waiting for yarn for a specific project, I'll just grab some yarn I like working with from my stash and play around just to practice/experiment with techniques.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 am 
Bathes in Braggs

oh choirqueer! your avatar reminded me of a project i had on my to-do list. it's a pattern on ravelry: a rainbow scarf (big long stripes the entire length of the scarf in each of the colours roygbiv) with fluffy grey cloud shapes on both ends. so awesome. hmm. maybe i should look through my stash for the right colours...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

❀madam dahlia❀ wrote:
oh choirqueer! your avatar reminded me of a project i had on my to-do list. it's a pattern on ravelry: a rainbow scarf (big long stripes the entire length of the scarf in each of the colours roygbiv) with fluffy grey cloud shapes on both ends. so awesome. hmm. maybe i should look through my stash for the right colours...

Ooooh show me!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

http://www.walkerwhimsy.com/2012/09/the ... scarf.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

you know you want it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 am 
Tofu Pup

Love the rainbow scarf! It's pretty cute. :D

Here's my latest project: a pillow cover using the cupcake stitch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ahhhh! I love that cupcake stitch! I'll have to try that sometime.

I'm currently embroiled in trying to get my work bag all untangled so I can get back to the srs bizns of crocheting. It's a disaster.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:06 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

As I was sitting outside untangling my yarn some more (I'm almost done! yay!) I was thinking it would be kind of awesome to have a crochet challenge of some kind. But I'm not sure how to go about it, or when would be a good time (no way am I doing it during MoFo, ha). Thoughts?

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:25 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Does anyone have a recommendation for a crocheted sweater pattern that you've used?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Okay, okay. I'll admit it. I'm totally addicted to crocheting granny squares now.
Stayed up until midnight last night to finish this (although I miiiiight add another row to make it bigger):

Next up: granny flowers. :))

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Phoenix wrote:
Okay, okay. I'll admit it. I'm totally addicted to crocheting granny squares now.
Stayed up until midnight last night to finish this (although I miiiiight add another row to make it bigger):

Next up: granny flowers. :))

That's gorgeous!! Way to go!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:58 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

wow gorgeous! i'm impressed that you're still in love with granny squares even after weaving in all the ends!

here's a granny stars tutorial. they are so fun! http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/200 ... orial.html

also, here's some really good granny square inspiration: http://craftyminx.typepad.com/a_granny_a_day/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I have hunted high and low and cannot find the pattern i used (found it on ravelry)- it was a baby quilt using granny squares in really fine yarn. i used crazy colors and it came out AWESOME. This is what I made with the leftovers (the real one was very regular, made in teal and purple and green)
[url][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/38798202@N00/12498550863/]Image[/url]
20140213_102214 by smithmiyakeya, on Flickr[/url]

[url][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/38798202@N00/12498903104/]Image[/url]
20140213_102231 by smithmiyakeya, on Flickr[/url]

PS NEVER WEAVING IN THE ENDS NO SIREE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks, cq! And thanks for the pattern links, ijdi. So many pretty variations!

Here's the one I found that made me curious about other granny square patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... t-tutorial

And oooh, such a cool-looking blanket, torque!

Yeah, I pretty much hated weaving in the ends, but I watched Seinfeld in the background to have some entertainment. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Here are a few projects I have finished lately. I've been really into making different colored granny-square throws at the moment, I love em' and then I hate them when they get bigger, but still addicted.

Granny-Square Throw I made for my little sister.

Sunburst Beret from "Crochet Boutique"

Bubble Stitch Earwarmer I found on Pinterest. The Pattern you can find here: http://thebattersboxblog.com/the-bean-e ... e-pattern/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Love your stuff, Wino!

In other news, I never knew there were other stitches than single & double crochet (*hangs head in shame*) - but now I can do puff and cluster stitches and I'm making these sunburst granny squares like crazy:

Since I have no idea what to make with them (and they're a bit uneven in size), I guess I'm just going to try out new variants of granny squares and collecting them to make an afghan some day. I've always wanted one and never had one!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Phoenix wrote:
Love your stuff, Wino!

In other news, I never knew there were other stitches than single & double crochet (*hangs head in shame*) - but now I can do puff and cluster stitches and I'm making these sunburst granny squares like crazy:

Since I have no idea what to make with them (and they're a bit uneven in size), I guess I'm just going to try out new variants of granny squares and collecting them to make an afghan some day. I've always wanted one and never had one!

I love those sunbursts! Such a creative use of puffs! I might have to try something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Wow, those sunbursts are pretty, phoenix. Do you have a link to a pattern? I like lots of different stitches but I really only make blankets.

Wino, is that just one big granny square? You said you hate them when they get bigger - was it awkward to work with when it was big?

I finished a large ripple pattern throw last month. It's pretty (sorry no pics but you can imagine - basic ripple pattern, three shades of green and a yellow). I did two rows with each colour then changed colours. On a six-foot long blanket that's a lot of weaving in. I watched a documentary about Mount Everest while I did it.

Now I am making a baby blanket in bright yellow for a friend from this pattern: https://www.projectlinus.org/patterns/ssba.html It's very easy but I love the look of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:15 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The baby blanket pattern ^ was posted by a woman who makes blankets for Project Linus. I don't think we have a chapter here but I would love to make blankets like this when I have a bit more time. I will call the hospital and find out, but I would think that shelters for women and children, and Supportive Housing For Young Mothers would take them as well. I know the blankets I made for my niece and nephew are favourites that get dragged around, played with and loved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7