| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Little Confused
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

How did I miss this? Ugh!

Anyway, my partner and I were sitting down to a dinner of tofurkey-fried gardein when I started complaining about how pissed I was that, so far, only our vegan vegetables have been popping up in the ol' garden. When the heck are the meat vegetables going to make an appearance? I'm ready to send those animal cucumbers to the plant, where they will be processed into food I, as a member of the Post Punk Processed Kitchen message boards, will actually be able to eat.

Also, I'm so sick of vegan recipes. I'd rather just replace all the ingredients in a non-vegan recipe with Boca burgers.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 am 
Grandfathered In

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I've always wondered what footface eats for dinner. i'm glad this thread was able to unlock the secrets of face family dining.

That was tonight. Last night I made lasagna and salad. But the lasagna had daiya in it and the sauce included sauce from a jar. Oh well. The night before could very well have been burgers and fries and broc or something.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

crowderpea wrote:
Also, I'm so sick of vegan recipes. I'd rather just replace all the ingredients in a non-vegan recipe with Boca burgers.

You know, that's an awesome idea, but it only works in savory recipes.

Everyone knows the only way to veganize a sweet recipe is to replace all the nonvegan ingredients with Speculoos spread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OMGs what have I done? I made my own tots from scratch last MoFo! Homemade convenience food! I clearly don't know how to cook and am a stupid idiot.

I'll be in my room, not that anyone cares. ;P

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Now I wish (vampire) Eric would make me tots. Naked under apron.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fisticuffs wrote:
Now I wish (vampire) Eric would make me tots. Naked under apron.

Ha! <3

You can even have them à la mode, if you agree to be mine. I'm asking nicely. ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

FootFace wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
I've always wondered what footface eats for dinner. i'm glad this thread was able to unlock the secrets of face family dining.

That was tonight. Last night I made lasagna and salad. But the lasagna had daiya in it and the sauce included sauce from a jar. Oh well. The night before could very well have been burgers and fries and broc or something.

I too have wondered about the FootFamily repast.

Also, I always wondered about Daiya in lasagna and I think you've answered my question. And jarred sauce, mon dieu! *finger scold*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
No one or their partners or their boca burgers did anything to you.

This is why we like you.

I like processed terrible bad for me double deep fried foods. I also like vegetables and whole grains. Boys, Girls and Gender Queer folk, I call them Partners.

I don't think any of my eating, vocabulary, or sexual preferences negatively influence my intelligence or my vegan-ness.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The implication that someone can't cook because they sometimes eat meals that they don't cook is pretty hilarious. Convenience foods are manna from heaven when you're in situations where you simply don't have the time to devote a couple of hours to putting together a meal from scratch (although I do so 5-7 nights per week). I'm at work about 50 hours a week and spend around another 20 cleaning my house, taking care of my pets, paying bills, etc. So goddamnit, you will pry my Amy's Teriyaki Bowls out of my cold, dead hands.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

FootFace wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

Will you stop reading the comments and learn to cook already?!

Also, invite me over for dinner; I like lasagna.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:37 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

IsaChandra wrote:
buckabucka wrote:
calcuhater wrote:
we just ask that you don't post recipes/photos of food that's not vegan. it's pretty straightforward. your thread will be unlocked.

but...this thread kind of begs the question: if you're so frustrated by so much of the content on here?

I stick around because I find some useful information on here and I also like to share what I find. It's the sarcastic people who don't have anything constructive to say that annoy me. And I'm sure a lot of people on this board feel the same way I do they just don't say anything because this forum isn't really known for allowing even the smallest degree of dissent. It's a shame too because veganism could be so much better and more respected if people would just learn how to cook and throw off the yoke of convenience foods. And just because you can cook a few things between your boca burger fixes doesn't mean you know how to cook.

You should start a cooking website.

Just admit that you would never say what you really think of these people and what they eat because it would affect the bottom line of book sales. You've pretty much obtained a captive audience who think you can do no wrong and to whom you annually give a slightly mandatory dose of cookbook.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

buckabucka wrote:

Just admit that you would never say what you really think of these people and what they eat because it would affect the bottom line of book sales. You've pretty much obtained a captive audience who think you can do no wrong and to whom you annually give a slightly mandatory dose of cookbook.

I'm glad I don't live in your judgmental head.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

In the history of language, has anything nice or constructive ever followed the phrase "these people?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

buckabucka wrote:

Which is weird, since you'd think that people who don't cook would have no use for cookbooks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I just don't understand. So some people actually like to sit around and complain about things? And they find it entertaining? I think someone needs a new hobby. And I am now done with this thread because trolls are stupid.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Are you flouncing, Appi?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:24 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

This thread is just horse shiitake isn't it really, whiny, attention seeking, rebound flouncing horse shiitake.

Quote:
So I'm just going to have to cancel my account and start another one.

Catch a grip of your knickers, what kind of person even does that? If you dislike the forum so much peas off to another one. Saying you're going to cancel your account and start another one just makes you look like a tool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

buckabucka wrote:

This thread just took a turn from kind of amusing to incredibly rude.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Hahaha, buckabucka, get off your little high horse and stop being so judgmental. Flounce fail.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:40 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

buckabucka wrote:
You've pretty much obtained a captive audience who think you can do no wrong and to whom you annually give a slightly mandatory dose of cookbook.

Speak the truth, bucka squared! Release me from my captivity! We don't need to be dosed anymore!

Also, a mandatory dosa sounds nice right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:43 pm 
Bought a wardrobe full of Affliction t-shirts

buckabucka wrote:
You've pretty much obtained a captive audience who think you can do no wrong and to whom you annually give a slightly mandatory dose of cookbook.

we like it that way, and we aren't truly captive we invaded her sparkly unicorn filled castle. it's something akin to the inmates taking over the asylum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:46 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

buckabucka wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
You should start a cooking website.

Well, if she's silently judging us all, her homelife must be awkward as fork because this is her boyfriend:

http://www.laziestvegans.com

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

How dare you speak of the venomous head of veganism in such fashion?!

Also, is riding a high horse even vegan?
And are frozen burritos the new pie?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:51 pm 
Mediocre Tart

this is the shittest flounce ever. I'm embarrassed for you, buckabuck. You could have least have done a bit of research on proper flouncing!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 pm 
Bought a wardrobe full of Affliction t-shirts

veganna wrote:
are frozen burritos the new pie?

mmmm, pie

Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next