| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 4297
Location: 5 mi east of philly
brian wrote:
I have bumped the number of posts per page up to 25. It can go higher.


i used to have 100. is there no way to set it ourselves? what is the benefit of shorter pages?

also, is the favicon change because of not having it? cause i can probably find it on my compy somewhere. (and maybe try to enhance the white lines making it look more like a pan.)

_________________
I solved it for once and for all -- and for everyone -- by intentionally leaving behind some 9-lives burritos... ~Lorelei4mc
supercarrot.com, vegan groupony things, vegan coupons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 100
Location: East Dallas
I may have missed this setting, but how do I specify my location?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
appifanie wrote:
Are all the errors the same?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 's' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I've been getting these this morning but they seem to have stopped now.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
dangersquirrel wrote:
I may have missed this setting, but how do I specify my location?

User Control Panel (up the top) and then Profile

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 100
Location: East Dallas
Kitteh wrote:
dangersquirrel wrote:
I may have missed this setting, but how do I specify my location?

User Control Panel (up the top) and then Profile


wow... good thing that wasn't a snake!

Thank you!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:13 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 637
Location: Chicago
Brian, I know you said this is the only color scheme for now, but what's the likelihood that we'll have more options soon? This white and grey is killing me. Killing me, I say!

It's making me bitter and curmudgeon-y. In other words, like FootFace.

_________________
My NEW! Blog
My Twitter
My Facebook

Formerly rad.badger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7071
Location: Fort Drum NY
frozenveggies wrote:
Brian, I know you said this is the only color scheme for now, but what's the likelihood that we'll have more options soon? This white and grey is killing me. Killing me, I say!

It's making me bitter and curmudgeon-y. In other words, like FootFace.


It's cause we got use to all that PPK orange! I'm telling you - spread out the header to the sides and bottoms. Problem solved.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:18 am 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
I agree, appifanie. The flowers and fruits would look cute all down the sides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 637
Location: Chicago
Yeah, the banner would look nice going down the sides, and it might help, but we'd still have an overpowering amount of light grey in the actual posts. If the fruits went all around, but there was an option for a different color instead of the grey I think I could be satisfied.

_________________
My NEW! Blog
My Twitter
My Facebook

Formerly rad.badger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
I may have missed this if it was asked earlier, but would it be possible for links to open in a new window?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:45 pm 
Offline
Grandfathered In
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9583
Location: Seattle
It used to be that if you quoted a message that contained an image, the image didn't show up.

Now it shows up in the quote.

Is there a way we can have it not show up?

In the quote?

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
FootFace wrote:
It used to be that if you quoted a message that contained an image, the image didn't show up.

Now it shows up in the quote.

Is there a way we can have it not show up?

In the quote?

That bugs me too. The old boards used to change the img tags to url tags. I guess we can do that on our own for now and people will follow our good example?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:27 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1486
Location: Hamburg, Germany
bunniee wrote:
I may have missed this if it was asked earlier, but would it be possible for links to open in a new window?

What browser do you use? With Firefox at least if you hold 'ctrl' as you click you will open the link in a new tab, and if you hold shift you will open in a new window. Also, clicking with your mouse wheel if you have one opens in a new tab. I much prefer when the default setting is not to open in a new window, this way everyone can choose what they prefer!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:32 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
aelle wrote:
bunniee wrote:
I may have missed this if it was asked earlier, but would it be possible for links to open in a new window?

What browser do you use? With Firefox at least if you hold 'ctrl' as you click you will open the link in a new tab, and if you hold shift you will open in a new window. Also, clicking with your mouse wheel if you have one opens in a new tab. I much prefer when the default setting is not to open in a new window, this way everyone can choose what they prefer!


I use Chrome or Firefox. I can right-click on links to open them in a new tab or window. I just wondered if it could be done automatically, the way I have seen on other boards.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: questions there are many
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:59 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
brian wrote:
Quick reply is a work in progress!

it is currently moderately faster reply.

I'm still unsure as to why things like the thread title large and things like board index>> whine tasting are tiny. Same with important stuff like view new post.

What happens if I change the subject of my reply?
And why doesn't it bring us back to where we were after we post?

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
appifanie wrote:
frozenveggies wrote:
Brian, I know you said this is the only color scheme for now, but what's the likelihood that we'll have more options soon? This white and grey is killing me. Killing me, I say!

It's making me bitter and curmudgeon-y. In other words, like FootFace.


It's cause we got use to all that PPK orange! I'm telling you - spread out the header to the sides and bottoms. Problem solved.

I retain the cobalt or die mentality. This has too much lightness going on.
If NoWhey still loved us, her poor goth heart would implode.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: questions there are many
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
B_A_D wrote:
And why doesn't it bring us back to where we were after we post?

It does! The redirection is slow, but it does take you there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: questions there are many
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
joyfulgirl wrote:
B_A_D wrote:
And why doesn't it bring us back to where we were after we post?

It does! The redirection is slow, but it does take you there.

Where is my i am too impatient button!

eta: oh man that is slow. but at least it works

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:25 pm 
Offline
Keepin' It Seal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: PORTLAND!
Isn't one of the links "view my post" or something like that. Let me check...

ETA: It says "View your submitted message." That'll take you straight to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 1222
supercarrot wrote:
i used to have 100. is there no way to set it ourselves? what is the benefit of shorter pages?


Less strain on the server. If everyone had page set to 100 it would be a massive database call for each page view.

I'm not sure I am explaining that clearly, but suffice to say (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) it could really slow things down big time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
joyfulgirl wrote:
Isn't one of the links "view my post" or something like that. Let me check...

ETA: It says "View your submitted message." That'll take you straight to it.

I noticed it (yay!) but the old one used to be directly under the curse when the page reloaded.
The spacing on this one is off.

/insanely minor annoyances

Also I miss 100 page threads.

eta: And there are imposed limits on how quickly we can post in another topic? How long are the wait limits? I've gotten the message twice and just left the room and come back both times to avoid re-setting the X seconds before you can post again like on veggieboards.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 637
Location: Chicago
Hey, is there any way we can implement a spoiler tag of some sort? I've seen on other boards, when you want to post a spoiler, you do so & put it in spoiler tags, and then the reader has to highlight it to read it because it's all censored in black? This would come in handy in The Living Room.

ETA: Actually, it could also end up being really annoying if the entire thread becomes spoiler tags. Hmm.... Yeah, maybe a nevermind on that one.

_________________
My NEW! Blog
My Twitter
My Facebook

Formerly rad.badger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:47 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3034
Location: Soy City
frozenveggies wrote:
Hey, is there any way we can implement a spoiler tag of some sort? I've seen on other boards, when you want to post a spoiler, you do so & put it in spoiler tags, and then the reader has to highlight it to read it because it's all censored in black? This would come in handy in The Living Room.

ETA: Actually, it could also end up being really annoying if the entire thread becomes spoiler tags. Hmm.... Yeah, maybe a nevermind on that one.

No, this is definitely useful, especially for TV show and movie threads and what not! If I can figure out how to implement it (ie, when I feel I have time to google it), I will!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:10 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
dakini wrote:
I'd like to add that I really like the way you addressed disordered eating and fatphobia issues in the weight loss forum. I think it was a very eloquent, respectful disclaimer and a great way to build a safe space.

Well thanks!

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:39 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
frozenveggies wrote:
Brian, I know you said this is the only color scheme for now, but what's the likelihood that we'll have more options soon? This white and grey is killing me. Killing me, I say!


I liked the black background color scheme (forget the name). light backgrounds kill my eyes. A dark scheme would be tops.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer