| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
I find that I have incredibly strong food cravings these days (nope, not pregnant!). I am crazy for olives but I'm getting really snobby about them ever since a sales rep gave me a tasting of ridiculously pricey Spanish olives a few weeks ago. I really like big huge fresh green ones, in brine of course.

I'm also obsessed with anything flatbread-y, from dosa to naan to homemade pita to injera.

And spice is what I crave more than anything! Not just hot sauce (but most certainly I use that all the time), but spice blends with a depth...so really good Indian curries, Ethiopian dishes, and stuff as simple as sliced raw jalapenos in a sandwich.

Not to get all "go to the doctor" on this thread (I went!), but I recently found out I am anemic (and am getting treated!), but I'm curious if my lack of iron contributes to the fact that I can't stop thinking about olives all the time. I am eating plenty of them so hopefully that will help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:32 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
I'm pretty sure the cravings = what you're body needs thing has been disproven. I wasn't aware olives were high in iron though.

Currently cravy: Roasted, Salted Nori Snack Sheets. Yum.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Ehhh...I still think there is some truth to it, but I don't care enough to investigate.

I always crave seaweed too. I'm just a little taken aback by the intensity of these cravings. I could have killed someone for an olive today. And probably would have, if there weren't gazillions at work. And that was at 8 in the morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3453
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
Up until this week I was craving broccoli like mad! I was eating raw with hummus for lunch and then would cook something for dinner with it in it. I think the craving has passed though.

Now I want sandwiches! But thats just because I cant have them. I had to go GF a few months ago. I would kill for a any sandwich I could get my hands on. A rueban would be ideal!

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Maryland
Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

_________________
"Noooo! Karyn, you have to stop posting old Jensen pics. He looks way too smooth in those pics, like if I touch his face it'll feel like silk or bosoms or something."-mixmaster_mo
It's Raining Kale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm
Posts: 1810
Location: vancouver island
Super awesome sandwiches with all kinds of glorious fixings on excellent bread. Kimchi ramyeon loaded with pak choi and green onions and tofu and mushrooms. Ice water. Not to eat the ice, just really cold water.

_________________
when you realise how perfect everything is, you will tilt you head back and laugh at the sky. -buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2355
Chips. Fries.

Or: Crisps and fries

Or: Crisps and Chips

wherever you are from, however you say it, i want them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I have had really strong cravings for foods that I barely ever eat...yes I am pregnant!

At the top of the list are whole wheat pancakes and hashbrowns/homemade chips or fries. That's pretty much what my stomach will tolerate now.

_________________
Real Sustainable Habits | Make being awesome at life a habit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4058
Location: Nottingham.
A hazelnut and chocolate mousse gateau wafer thing.
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
Chip Strong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 990
Tots


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Sacramento
Lately I've been wanting to eat nothing but tofu, broccoli, and banana smoothies. I guess there are worse cravings to have.

Oh, and some little chocolate peanut butter mochi things. Not so healthy but I can't stop thinking about them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5120
Popcorn at this second.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 am
Posts: 597
All Natural Peanut butter is my worst craving. It has gotten to the point where I don't buy it because I would be constantly eating tablespoons of peanut butter.

I do get craving for crisps quite often too and end up going to my sisters house to use her deep fryer to make up a bowl of salty potato greatness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich but I'm all out of bread and the only store open close by is 7-11. Plus it's 2 am here and I should probably go to bed.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 am 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:50 am
Posts: 214
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
I always get really strong food cravings. Right now I am craving quinoa cooked in vegan 'chicken' broth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:14 am
Posts: 117
Biscuits. Biscuits with EB. Biscuits with EB and agave. Biscuits with pepper jack Daiya. Biscuits with BBQ tofu.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
tots.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 pm 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2104
Location: detroit, mi
pizza. always pizza. nonstop pizza. pizza of all different kinds.
vijita, i struggle with iron too, and i crave iron-rich foods super bad, esp when my body is trying to have a period.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 794
Location: Cascadia
designedtobekind wrote:
Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

I have been craving baked potatoes all week! I blame the various baked potato threads. The skin eating one is what really got me going wanting a baked potato. Maybe I will go to to store today and make one! With tvp baco type bits! And broccoli! Yum.

I also often crave olives. And salty things like potato chips with french onion dip.

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 2050
Location: Ashevegas, NC
katiejayne wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

I have been craving baked potatoes all week! I blame the various baked potato threads. The skin eating one is what really got me going wanting a baked potato. Maybe I will go to to store today and make one! With tvp baco type bits! And broccoli! Yum.


Haha, I started the baked potato skin eating thread, and came to this thread to say that I'm craving a baked potato.

_________________
"Some of my best friends hate Oreos. I once let one use my bathroom." -Shy Mox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 794
Location: Cascadia
lilyyw wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

I have been craving baked potatoes all week! I blame the various baked potato threads. The skin eating one is what really got me going wanting a baked potato. Maybe I will go to to store today and make one! With tvp baco type bits! And broccoli! Yum.


Haha, I started the baked potato skin eating thread, and came to this thread to say that I'm craving a baked potato.

Ha! Thanks to your baked potato skin thread I am having a baked potato for dinner! With broccoli and tvp baco thingies.

_________________
I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7856
Location: Seattle
Right now, nothing in particular. Quite regularly, though, I crave oats. Oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, oat bread, whatever. And sometimes I think I'm craving something fruity, like popsicles or mambas... and then I realize, no, I'm craving fruit.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
I am craving caramel. I am lacking in sugar, obviously.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Yesterday I craved a slurpee. I knew it was a bad idea so I didn't indulge, but if work is annoying today, I might stress-drink one.

I've also been craving these tamari hazelnuts we have at work, and eating a great deal of them. I hope hazelnuts have lots of iron.

I really want potato skins now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Mini Apple
I want guacamole and pizza. I need both immediately. I may just have to cover my pizza with guacamole to satisfy this.

_________________
"Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY, one night only: it's the amazing...the outstanding...the unbelievable.....VULVODYNIA!" -- Desdemona

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer