| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I find that I have incredibly strong food cravings these days (nope, not pregnant!). I am crazy for olives but I'm getting really snobby about them ever since a sales rep gave me a tasting of ridiculously pricey Spanish olives a few weeks ago. I really like big huge fresh green ones, in brine of course.

I'm also obsessed with anything flatbread-y, from dosa to naan to homemade pita to injera.

And spice is what I crave more than anything! Not just hot sauce (but most certainly I use that all the time), but spice blends with a depth...so really good Indian curries, Ethiopian dishes, and stuff as simple as sliced raw jalapenos in a sandwich.

Not to get all "go to the doctor" on this thread (I went!), but I recently found out I am anemic (and am getting treated!), but I'm curious if my lack of iron contributes to the fact that I can't stop thinking about olives all the time. I am eating plenty of them so hopefully that will help.

Post subject: Re: What are you craving?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm pretty sure the cravings = what you're body needs thing has been disproven. I wasn't aware olives were high in iron though.

Currently cravy: Roasted, Salted Nori Snack Sheets. Yum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm 

Ehhh...I still think there is some truth to it, but I don't care enough to investigate.

I always crave seaweed too. I'm just a little taken aback by the intensity of these cravings. I could have killed someone for an olive today. And probably would have, if there weren't gazillions at work. And that was at 8 in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Up until this week I was craving broccoli like mad! I was eating raw with hummus for lunch and then would cook something for dinner with it in it. I think the craving has passed though.

Now I want sandwiches! But thats just because I cant have them. I had to go GF a few months ago. I would kill for a any sandwich I could get my hands on. A rueban would be ideal!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Super awesome sandwiches with all kinds of glorious fixings on excellent bread. Kimchi ramyeon loaded with pak choi and green onions and tofu and mushrooms. Ice water. Not to eat the ice, just really cold water.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:27 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Chips. Fries.

Or: Crisps and fries

Or: Crisps and Chips

wherever you are from, however you say it, i want them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 pm 
Tofu Pup

I have had really strong cravings for foods that I barely ever eat...yes I am pregnant!

At the top of the list are whole wheat pancakes and hashbrowns/homemade chips or fries. That's pretty much what my stomach will tolerate now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 pm 
Impressive boner

A hazelnut and chocolate mousse gateau wafer thing.
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 pm 
Chip Strong

Tots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Lately I've been wanting to eat nothing but tofu, broccoli, and banana smoothies. I guess there are worse cravings to have.

Oh, and some little chocolate peanut butter mochi things. Not so healthy but I can't stop thinking about them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm 
WELFARIST!

Popcorn at this second.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

All Natural Peanut butter is my worst craving. It has gotten to the point where I don't buy it because I would be constantly eating tablespoons of peanut butter.

I do get craving for crisps quite often too and end up going to my sisters house to use her deep fryer to make up a bowl of salty potato greatness.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich but I'm all out of bread and the only store open close by is 7-11. Plus it's 2 am here and I should probably go to bed.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I always get really strong food cravings. Right now I am craving quinoa cooked in vegan 'chicken' broth.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Biscuits. Biscuits with EB. Biscuits with EB and agave. Biscuits with pepper jack Daiya. Biscuits with BBQ tofu.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:02 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

tots.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

pizza. always pizza. nonstop pizza. pizza of all different kinds.
vijita, i struggle with iron too, and i crave iron-rich foods super bad, esp when my body is trying to have a period.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

designedtobekind wrote:
Fully loaded baked potatoes. All day, every day. I had one for dinner, I had one for lunch, and I'd eat another one right now if it was in front of me. I only eat other things because I should. Other than breakfast food. I had the banana French toast from Vegan Brunch (why didn't anyone force me to make it sooner?!?!) three days in a row, and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'll have time to make pancakes for breakfast. With blueberries. Then, I'll probably have a baked potato since Carl won't be home to make fun of me.

I also want a chocolate chip cookie, but apparently not that much because I haven't made any.

I have been craving baked potatoes all week! I blame the various baked potato threads. The skin eating one is what really got me going wanting a baked potato. Maybe I will go to to store today and make one! With tvp baco type bits! And broccoli! Yum.

I also often crave olives. And salty things like potato chips with french onion dip.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

katiejayne wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

I have been craving baked potatoes all week! I blame the various baked potato threads. The skin eating one is what really got me going wanting a baked potato. Maybe I will go to to store today and make one! With tvp baco type bits! And broccoli! Yum.

Haha, I started the baked potato skin eating thread, and came to this thread to say that I'm craving a baked potato.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:55 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

lilyyw wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

Haha, I started the baked potato skin eating thread, and came to this thread to say that I'm craving a baked potato.

Ha! Thanks to your baked potato skin thread I am having a baked potato for dinner! With broccoli and tvp baco thingies.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

Right now, nothing in particular. Quite regularly, though, I crave oats. Oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, oat bread, whatever. And sometimes I think I'm craving something fruity, like popsicles or mambas... and then I realize, no, I'm craving fruit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I am craving caramel. I am lacking in sugar, obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am 

Yesterday I craved a slurpee. I knew it was a bad idea so I didn't indulge, but if work is annoying today, I might stress-drink one.

I've also been craving these tamari hazelnuts we have at work, and eating a great deal of them. I hope hazelnuts have lots of iron.

I really want potato skins now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:06 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I want guacamole and pizza. I need both immediately. I may just have to cover my pizza with guacamole to satisfy this.

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious