| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 4th of July food
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Karena wrote:
4th of July seems like such a fun holiday! That menu sounds so great. There's a drink that we like to make in summer (at Christmas time in particular) that I got out of this really old cookbook from the 1920s published buy a country women's group right here in South Australia, not far from where I was born. It's really interesting. What you do is steep some crushed raspberries in gin for a few hours, then sieve them out - the gin is such a pretty pink - then you mix the gin with dry white wine, half sparkling mineral water, half lemonade (the clear kind like 7up, not the lemon squash kind), a little raspberry liqueur or kirsch, & serve it in a tall glass with plenty of ice, decorated with lime slices, mint leaves & frozen raspberries. It is so delicious, but you can really put a few away & they become quite lethal. I like the idea of the genteel ladies in the 1920s getting squiffy on raspberry gin cocktails.

^This sounds incredible and is definitely going into my summer booze repertoire.

My friend hosted a July Fourth brunch today. It was great-plenty of veg options for me and the tofu scramble I brought was scarfed up by everyone. :D

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2