| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guide to being vegan at Starbucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:27 am 
rowdily playing checkers

Actually photographic evidence of Hitler not offering free soy milk:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:41 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

LisaPunk wrote:
can someone explain to me what the point of having a gold card is now?

You get a free drink after 12 stars. And the free drink/food item will automatically be added to your card instead of having to wait for a paper coupon. And starbucks is all "IT'S NEW AND IMPROVED" and everyone else is like..well...I kind of didn't get a card for the free drink...because then that's like a $60 free drink and starbucks is all "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU LOL"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I make my own coffee at home most of the time, but Starbucks gets me through some long, busy days when I'm not close to home. There is only 1 other place in my county that has soymilk and it's way out of my way.

But this is really about more than the extra cents added onto an already ridiculously priced drink. It's about how nice it was to not get screwed over with extra fees because I was making a cruelty-free choice. Everywhere else we have to pay extra for the vegan option and it definitely made me appreciate Starbucks as a business for not having to put up with that there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 am 
Human Gravy

The "splash" in a drip or iced coffee was always supposed to be free according to what I learned as a Starbucks barista and what I have heard from every barista since (except the new one's who just know soy is extra and have yet to learn the "splash" clause) in a variety of locations-- NY, MA, PA, CT, MD, VA, DC, CA.

This is about the 60 cents for the latte, frappuccino, etc. where they are using a substantial amount of soy (like 6-14 ounces depending on the drink/size).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am 
Naked Under Apron

I'm still hoping they change their minds. Other big companies have, like Bank of America with their debit fee fiasco.

There are about a million "Bring back free soy!!!" ideas on the SB page, like this one: http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideavi ... 000IGmDAAW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i believe they did cave after the red bug juice in the frappucino fiasco soooo maybe if we all keep complaining they will change their minds.

i mean i never got the damn card for the free drinks anyways. it was nice to get a free drink once in a blue moon but it was so infrequent for me it really didnt matter. im all about free soy and free syrup!!!

paying for soy is silly for a company the size of starbucks. i mean they must buy huge amounts of soymilk directly from a soymilk company or a big food distributor. i doubt they are going out and buying them from local grocery stores.

why have a loyalty card if there really is almost no perks to it????

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

mumbles wrote:
Do you know who else didn't provide free soy milk for coffee?

Hitler.

Just something to think about. Maybe you should try to be a little bit less like Hitler, Starbucks.

Americans will rally around the important causes. Like nazi coffee.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:00 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It sucks and is annoying, but, like, it's okay, guys. It's okay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am 
Semen Strong

No it won't. It will never be okay again. Next time Trevor needs a quick cup of coffee and has to pay that extra 60c vegan tax, when he is already cranky from caffeine deprivation, you'll see. Oh, you'll see...

Hold me 3P! I can't go on!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 am 
Naked Under Apron

I don't think there's anything wrong with like, reacting, you know? To something that happened? I think we can talk about it while still maintaining the proper perspective.

Maybe I should put a disclaimer in every post that I don't think it's the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of the world, but on an internet forum, in a thread about Starbucks, I think it's ok to say "Dang, that sucks".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 am 
Semen Strong

I think we all know that in the grand scheme of things this is small potatoes, but I honestly believe its also okay to poke fun at ourselves and exaggerate and laugh a bit. Or maybe it isn't and I am a giant crasshole.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

As always, you can post whatever you want. But other people get to post their responses too. Some of the reactions are really quite funny. Starbucks could have set a barista venti grande verde menti on fire at one of their locations and some people would have been less upset.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's fine, I was more poking fun at some people saying they're never going to be able to enjoy Starbucks drinks again because it's too expensive now and on and on. It's totally cool to be bummed out by it, and reacting is good, but maintaining perspective that it's actually not the end of the world and not overreacting is also good. Some of the things I've seen on twitter and facebook would make it seem like Starbucks actually said they hate vegans and they are going to charge $10 for a shot of soy or something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 am 
Semen Strong

OMG $10 for a shot of soy!

::this is how rumors get started 3P :) ::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am 
rowdily playing checkers

There...are...four!!!...p's!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Occupy Starbucks?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yeah, I totally understand the other side of it too! And I do think it's funny... and annoying. But I mostly ignore twitter and fb, so I was really thinking about here in particular, not "some people's reactions", wherever else on the internet. I think it's normal to immediately be like what the fizzle?! because of a fairly big price increase on something many of us buy every day, is all.

Panda, I clearly wasn't saying you couldn't post your opinion, just clarifying in case you thought I or anyone else here was being ridiculous for having a negative reaction to this and voicing our opinions on it. Responses beget responses, and so on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Occupy? I think this calls for days of rage. Bring the soy home.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I don't understand how some SB workers (who are vegan) are defending the change. Do the math - no one is winning!

I wish we had a local coffee place that was good. There is one place that has soy and almond milk plus vegan snacks...It is a place though that I don't feel 'cool' enough to go to and they let you know it...Plus they only have one size of drink (medium) a almond milk iced coffee is $4.50...

On a different note are the new SB juices any good?

Last edited by missmuffcake on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Rage Against The (Espresso) Machine!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

paprikapapaya wrote:
It's fine, I was more poking fun at some people saying they're never going to be able to enjoy Starbucks drinks again because it's too expensive now and on and on. It's totally cool to be bummed out by it, and reacting is good, but maintaining perspective that it's actually not the end of the world and not overreacting is also good. Some of the things I've seen on twitter and facebook would make it seem like Starbucks actually said they hate vegans and they are going to charge $10 for a shot of soy or something.

Haha, I literally said 'Starbucks hates vegans' on twitter.

But I also have never gotten free soy.

I'm really not that invested in Starbucks.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Also, remember the outrage when they changed their frap base to be dairy-free? There were petitions and websites and facebook groups.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Amy wrote:
Panda, I clearly wasn't saying you couldn't post your opinion, just clarifying in case you thought I or anyone else here was being ridiculous for having a negative reaction to this and voicing our opinions on it. Responses beget responses, and so on.

Riddikulus!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Huh? I even googled that. Are you calling me a Boggart? Trying to diffuse my incredible Starbucks-based RAGE? You lost me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:37 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Why am I upset? Because I feel like I've been "bait and switched." I worked hard to get that gold card -- spent about $4 per drink for 30 drinks. That's over $100 they've gotten from me. More than they would have gotten if I wasn't trying to get that card to gold level so that I wouldn't have to pay for soy at my local Starbucks-in-Target (no standalones here). Now, before I even get the darn thing in the mail, they make it basically useless to me. I could care less about free drinks. Honestly, I would rather have the free soy & syrup and NOT have free drinks at all.

There are a lot of upset people right now, so I hope they do reconsider if they realize that the business they are losing is going to far outweigh their savings on not offering free soy & syrup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next