| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guide to being vegan at Starbucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 am 
WELFARIST!

I've only ever had problems at one Starbucks ever and I used to be an extremely frequent Starbucks goer. The girl working there was too busy talking to her friend to make myself and my friends drinks one time and I think waiting 10 minutes for your drink when you're the only people in there is pretty ridiculous. I never saw her again. Otherwise I've had excellent service at Starbucks and when the new stores open and they're still learning how to make drinks, when they mess up they give you the messed up one for free and make you a new one. If you're waiting ridiculously long for your coffee they give you a coupon for a free drink. The staff is usually knowledgeable about what they're serving you, will check on things for you if you ask, will offer up information (like the woman who told me the syrups weren't vegan), and are just really nice people. I went to Starbucks the other day and the guy wrote my name on the cup and then asked how to spell my name and when he realized he wrote it wrong, he put a little sad face and wrote "sorry" on my cup, haha. I told him it didn't really matter but I thought it was cute.

I've never worked in a Starbucks but I have worked in OtherChainBrandShop and it was awful. Most people were nice but it would all kind of be shattered by that guy who felt that he was entitled to his own entire pot of coffee and demanded that you make him his own. Before I worked in retail I could never really imagine someone throwing hot coffee at someone, now I'm not surprised at all by what people do. Shocked at the way people act to each other but not surprised by the stories anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 am 
WELFARIST!

Anywho, I got the Captain Crunch the last time I went!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What syrups aren't vegan? I know the sauces aren't, but all of the syrups should be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think a lot of people consider the sauces to be syrups as well. Like white mocha, for example. (As far as I know, the white mocha, chai, pumpkin spice, caramel brule, caramel drizzle, and hazelnut drizzle are the only non-vegan syrups/sauces.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 am 
WELFARIST!

Sauces is what I meant.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Totally random, but there is a barista at the sbux by work that looks like Vanilla Ice. It makes me SO happy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I should post in the dubious frame thread. Family friends of ours have a son who was friends with Vanilla Ice. Apparently they partied together and drank beer and "picked up chicks."

He always seemed like such an idiot (both of them), but apparently Vanilla Ice was smart with his money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That I Hate Starbucks site is insidious. Yesterday I was dealing with a particularly entitled lady-with-a-rich-husband (i dont work in a coffee shop). as she became more and more annoying, I caught myself thinking "DECAF!" Then i laughed to myself (after thinking 'where did that come from?) and felt a little better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

so are the new drinks vegan: orange spice coffee & peach green tea? :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
so are the new drinks vegan: orange spice coffee & peach green tea? :)

The peach green tea is - it's just the normal green tea/green tea lemonade with a peach syrup in it. We don't have the orange spice coffee in Canada though, so I can't vouch for that.

ETA: I looked up the orange spice coffee, and it's iced coffee (literally just coffee and ice), classic syrup, cinnamon, and an orange wedge. Definitely looks vegan, but of course, you can double check with a barista there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

thanks! :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:01 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm at the Bux sipping the new caramel flan latte that is, AFAIK, vegan. I checked the ingredients on the syrup bottle and the topping bottle (it's not the usual caramel drizzle), and they both looked okay. They do both have unidentified "natural flavors," however.

This thing is really good. I thought it might be way too sweet, but it's not. It has a darker, richer flavor... much like flan.

Maybe bodhi or someone can confirm that it's vegan? Pretty please?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The usual barista told me yesterday that it is vegan. She is one that I trust.

I like the new flan syrup too, though I wish they would do some new syrups that are different and interesting. We already had a caramel! Bring back the black cherry or Valencia. SB really needs an Irish cream syrup.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

quark wrote:
I'm at the Bux sipping the new caramel flan latte that is, AFAIK, vegan. I checked the ingredients on the syrup bottle and the topping bottle (it's not the usual caramel drizzle), and they both looked okay. They do both have unidentified "natural flavors," however.

This thing is really good. I thought it might be way too sweet, but it's not. It has a darker, richer flavor... much like flan.

Maybe bodhi or someone can confirm that it's vegan? Pretty please?

It's vegan as far as I can tell too. I don't know what's in the natural flavours though. I don't normally put any syrup in my lattes, but I actually really like this one (but just one pump!) - just skip the whip. I love that it's only mildly sweet, and nice flavour.

LW: I miss the dark cherry too. It was so good! Have you ever considered picking up a bottle of syrup elsewhere to add a bit to your lattes? (Ie, Torani, etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:20 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Question: is hazelnut drizzle different than hazelnut syrup? I really hope so, because i have been drinking it :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:20 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Too much trouble! I get lattes at the drive through on my way to,work. I'm not about to start carrying little containers of syrup around.

When my espresso machine worked, I had an excessive number of bottles of syrup: at least 15! Davinci German Chocolate Cake was the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

annabazoo wrote:
Question: is hazelnut drizzle different than hazelnut syrup? I really hope so, because i have been drinking it :(

I didn't know they had a hazelnut drizzle, but usually sauces and drizzles have dairy, so best to always double check on those. As far as I know, the syrups are always ok.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I would love to try the new caramel flan latte, but isn't it too sweet with the vanilla soymilk in it already? I wish they would just switch to plain soymilk, or even better, have almond milk as an option.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I'm out of the loop with Starbucks now that I no longer work at the mall. Caramel flan latte? I want!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:18 pm 
protein lump

lavawitch wrote:
Bring back the black cherry

THIS.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ScooterDiva wrote:
I would love to try the new caramel flan latte, but isn't it too sweet with the vanilla soymilk in it already? I wish they would just switch to plain soymilk, or even better, have almond milk as an option.

I think it's good the way it's made in Canada (regular soymilk), but I think the American version would be overly sweet.

Hazelnut drizzle contains dairy, but the syrup to flavour the drink is vegan!

lavawitch wrote:
Too much trouble! I get lattes at the drive through on my way to,work. I'm not about to start carrying little containers of syrup around.

When my espresso machine worked, I had an excessive number of bottles of syrup: at least 15! Davinci German Chocolate Cake was the best.

Ahh, gotcha. If you were getting them on your way home, it'd make more sense. German Chocolate cake sounds great!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:22 pm 
Naked Under Apron

What is the Captain Crunch?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:18 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

ScooterDiva wrote:

For real...

Starbux isn't the exciting trip/indulgence it was in my pregan days, because the vanilla soymilk means any additional flavorings send it over the edge of sweetness for moi (and the vanilla soymilk itself is already too sweet for my taste). A healthier wallet is the upside here...

Why is unsweetened so impossible/unattainable? And yes, almond - it would seem that there are vegans or dairy-free peeps who also have soy allergies/aversions, and who could really use another alternative.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:43 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ugh. Yes. When I'm at home, I use vanilla soy milk as my only additive to coffee. But sure, by all means. . . Use that as a canvas and paint it with three pumps of cinnamon syrup.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I never order anything as written-I just ask for one pump of syrup. I have no idea how people drink them with 5 pumps.

Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next